Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Probably smuggler.

Which is a shame because their story is hilarious. Nothing tickles me more than always having the option to bring up your ship in conversation. Plus their class recover animation is perfect!

The cover mechanic is pretty boss if you can get good at using it. I enjoy using it and finding ways to just roll the hell around.

10+ Year Old Account
    From reading the Beta forums, the 1h DPS JK and SW don't fair well, as far as, DPS is concerned. People claimed that it was like chopping down a tree with a noodle. So, that might be the least played. From a competative point-of-view.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    From reading the Beta forums, the 1h DPS JK and SW don't fair well, as far as, DPS is concerned. People claimed that it was like chopping down a tree with a noodle. So, that might be the least played. From a competative point-of-view.
    Plus who really wants to dps with just one lightsaber?

My guess is IA sniper.

Smuggler and perhaps IA. They are overshadowed by their blaster compatriots in the Troopers and Bounty Hunters. Cover mechanic can be off-putting too.

By far the merc bounty hunter will reign supreme when they get to mid-end tier talent points. So far starting out, commando has good sustained damage output with little ramp up time, Bounty hunter is by far the best "burst" class. But for Flashpoints clearing trash bounty hunter merc, and commando will be about the same, just depends who is smarter than the other. For Flashpoint boss encounters starting out will always END UP being commando simply from the heat distribution compared to bounty hunter. Again bounty hunter will more than likely triple the inital dps/ damage of the commando for the first 30-45 seconds. Then the commando will gradually catch up and pass all other DPS classes. But when Bounty Hunter (merc, DW) gets to level 30+ they will only get stronger, I can't wait until launch. And I can't wait to give the first developer a big fat hug that makes a "recount mod" for TOR.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 06:09 PM ----------

Chopping down a tree with a noodle.... By far the greatest thing I have heard all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    My guess is IA sniper.
    IA Sniper is what i'll be playing come release. I love the cover mechanic. I imagine it will be underplayed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I have a feeling that the Imperial Agent - Engineer will likely be the least played of all classes. In fact, I saw many Snipers during the open beta, and didn't see a single Engineer.
    The Engineer is a sniper.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Plus who really wants to dps with just one lightsaber?
    What has two thumbs and wants to DPS with one light saber? THIS GUY! Right here!

My IA is engineer specced atm. its actually not to bad to play.MM is good to im just enjoying engineer atm.

IA/Smuggler for sure. Personally, I found the cover mechanic clunky and akward and so did some other people I played with last weekend.

its JK ofc

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    By far the merc bounty hunter will reign supreme when they get to mid-end tier talent points. So far starting out, commando has good sustained damage output with little ramp up time, Bounty hunter is by far the best "burst" class. But for Flashpoints clearing trash bounty hunter merc, and commando will be about the same, just depends who is smarter than the other. For Flashpoint boss encounters starting out will always END UP being commando simply from the heat distribution compared to bounty hunter. Again bounty hunter will more than likely triple the inital dps/ damage of the commando for the first 30-45 seconds. Then the commando will gradually catch up and pass all other DPS classes. But when Bounty Hunter (merc, DW) gets to level 30+ they will only get stronger, I can't wait until launch. And I can't wait to give the first developer a big fat hug that makes a "recount mod" for TOR.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 06:09 PM ----------

Chopping down a tree with a noodle.... By far the greatest thing I have heard all day.

BH and troopers have same mechanics with different flavor.

What has two thumbs and wants to DPS with one light saber? THIS GUY! Right here!
    Bah

I'm hoping to reserve the name Helmet for my Sith

My original character was going to be a Lightning-Sorcerer Sith Inquisitor, and then I realized so was EVERYONE ELSE'S. I started to consider a Bounty Hunter then, and I'm really glad I did. Playing a Hunter in WoW for 5+ years, it was like having sex with an old lover. You knew the moves, the right buttons to press. Yet, it was different enough to not just be a WoW hunter.

I played a Merc BH in the beta, and it was as retardedly fun as using Divine Storm on a pally in trash packs before it got nerfed. I just hope tons of people don't flock to it and steal my thunder like they did with the SI.

Btw, I eventually plan on rolling a SW alt, and when I do, he'll do 1-hand DPS. Juggs are awesome.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    On the total flip side to that though, is that people who can heal, are expected to heal. So having a hybrid class (like Consular sage) might have you pigeon-holed into healing
    I think this is complete and utter baloney. People who can heal are asked if they're a healer, and when they say "No" the response will be the same as it always is: either "it's cool, we still need a dps, here's an invite" or "no dps spots left, sorry" If that person chooses to heal, they can. If they choose not to, they can do that too. But they're not going to be pigeonholed into it any more than there are only Holy Paladins, Resto Druids, Resto Shamans and Holy/Disc Priests. Ret, Balance, Feral, Enhance, Ellie and Shadow aren't pigeonholed into healing, it won't be any different here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Playing a Hunter in WoW for 5+ years, it was like having sex with an old lover.
    You realize your metaphor will only be pretended to be understood by at least 50% of the posters here, don't you?

My guess is going to be, from the most popular to least popular class..

Sith Inquisitor
    Jedi Consular
    Bounty Hunter
    Trooper
    Jedi Knight
    Sith Warrior
    Imperial Agent
    Smuggler

Sith Inquisitor was most popular. I really didn't enjoy playing that class in beta. It felt slow to me.