Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

4.3 end cinematic explained for qq'ers

Ok so this thread literally manifested itself in my mind as I read the onslaught of stupid QQ posts in the other threads relating to the end cinematic. How is this ending so hard from some of you thick-headed numbskulls to understand? It's honestly the only logical ending. Here let me shut down EVERY issue you QQers can find with this.

1) If the aspects were created to contain the old gods, why are they losing their power to fight deathwing instead?
    How is this an issue for you? Did you all forget the discussions had RIGHT before 4.3 came out, when we talked about the new dungeon, end time? Deathwing was a TOOL of the old gods. The Hour of Twilight was THEIR creation, so in essence, this WAS their charge. They DID their job by stopping Deathwing.

2)That's SO lame that they lost their powers!
    Umm yeah, they just poured all they had into the Dragon Soul and that final fight with Deathwing. I think I'd be a LOT angrier if they had just stood up, brushed themselves off, and walked off uneffected.

3)Aggra's preggo? Great, just what we need...
    Oh shut the hell up. You knew this was going to happen since the 4.2 quest where you save thrall from being torn apart by the elements. In the water part you see one of his greatest desires was to have kids with Aggra. Get over it.

4)What about all the plot holes? Lore's dead. QQ
    You're right. Lore is totally dead because this happened. Except....it's Blizzard. They always have plot holes. It's hard not to in such a large and immersive storyline. I'm fairly certain none of the plotholes will ruin the game and any glaring conflictions in future story-telling will be worked around and tied up. It's obvious you expected good lore for this in the first place if you're making this arguement so maybe have a bit of faith some more, and wait for blizz to take care of these holes later.

Now, I'll admit, the cinematic was underwhelming, and I expected better, BUT it did not deserve the 25 pages off QQ it recieved. For real, use your brains for ONCE, WoW community, and maybe we could actually have a REAL discussion.

TL;DR - You don't get a TL;DR. I typed this whole thing from my phone, so you can read all of it.
    Last edited by dubbz; 2011-12-01 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubbz View Post

TL;DR - You don't get a TL;DR. I typed this whole thing from my phone, so you can read all of it.
    hehe i liked this part

For the rest, dunno i didnt feel any QQ watching it, so it's for others i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire35 View Post
    Well said.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    hehe i liked this part

For the rest, dunno i didnt feel any QQ watching it, so it's for others i guess
    Well I'm glad not everybody is an idiot

Also! Any other issues you can find, I will try to clear it up for you.

Deleted
    I totally agree

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not have any problems with the cinematic except for #1.

It seems very counter-intuitive that the Aspects are pretty much doing what the Old Gods wanted; losing their powers.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Whilst the part about the Aspects wasn't a surprise, the cinematic on a whole hardly did Deathwing or the whole theme of the expansion any justice, after things started out with an immensely epic feel. I loved early Cataclysm, but then things started to slide in general, including whatever story they originally had planned. It's hard to let Vash'jir go; everytime I look at the Maelstrom I feel as though that octupus should show up randomly and steal Aggra and tentacle whip the dragon aspects into submission before squirting ink and retreating to the noise of kekekekeke.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I did not have any problems with the cinematic except for #1.

It seems very counter-intuitive that the Aspects are pretty much doing what the Old Gods wanted; losing their powers.
    Well honestly, there was no other way. The only tool that the Old Gods had that the Aspects KNEW the mortals couldn't overcome without their help was Deathwing. This was their last hoorah into stopping the Old Gods from being freed. They had two choices, either help even if they are, as you say, "doing what the old god's want and losing their powers" to help stop Deathwing from bringing the Hour of Twilight, OR they could sit back and not help, retaining their powers, but let the Hour of Twilight happen. Seems to me that would have been a HUGE issue with their jobs as warders of Azeroth, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Whilst the part about the Aspects wasn't a surprise, the cinematic on a whole hardly did Deathwing or the whole theme of the expansion any justice, after things started out with an immensely epic feel. I loved early Cataclysm, but then things started to slide in general, including whatever story they originally had planned. It's hard to let Vash'jir go; everytime I look at the Maelstrom I feel as though that octupus should show up randomly and steal Aggra and tentacle whip the dragon aspects into submission before squirting ink and retreating to the noise of kekekekeke.
    Well, as I stated, I was underwhelmed with the cinematic, knowing it was the final one of the expansion as well. And as funny as the octopus backhanding the Aspects and kidnapping Aggra would have been, I doubt that'd go over well either LOL I mean, this is soley about the QQ with the cinematic lore wise...I have no problem with the people saying the cinematic was underwhelming.
    Last edited by dubbz; 2011-12-01 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know whats funny?

I just heard Alex's last phrase: " the age of mortals has just begun". That along with the "you're the guardians of this world now" deal... and what happens next? Yes.... in MoP.... we're gonna start blowing each other to pieces \o/

The whole Thrall baby thing was foreshadowed pretty heavily in The Shattering. All this "Thrall should find a mate and have children to bounce on his knee" stuff...and then he found Aggra...I mean come on, if you didn't know she was gonna get pregs, you're not old enough for me to explain it. :P

i just wish it was a bit more.... epic... like the Lich king end cinematic and the wrathgate

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so this thread literally manifested itself in my mind as I read the onslaught of stupid QQ posts in the other threads relating to the end cinematic. How is this ending so hard from some of you thick-headed numbskulls to understabd? It's honestly the only logical ending. Here let me shut down EVERY issue you QQers can find with this.

1) If the aspects were created to contain the old gods, why are they losing their power to fight deathwing instead?
    How is this an issue for you? Did you all forget the discussions had RIGHT before 4.3 came out, when we talked about the new dungeon, end time? Deathwing was a TOOL of the old gods. The Hour of Twilight was THEIR creation, so in essence, this WAS their charge. They DID their job by stopping Deathwing.

2)That's SO lame that they lost their powers!
    Umm yeah, they just poured all they had into the Dragon Soul and that final fight with Deathwing. I think I'd be a LOT angrier if they had just stood up, brushed themselves off, and walked off uneffected.

Oh shut the hell up. You knew this was going to happen since the 4.2 quest where you save thrall from being torn apart by the elements. In the water part you see one of his greatest desires was to have kids with Aggra. Get over it.

4)What about all the plot holes? Lore's dead. QQ
    You're right. Lore is totally dead because this happened. Except....it's Blizzard. They always have plot holes. It's hard not to in such a large and immersive storyline. I'm fairly certain none of the plotholes will ruin the game and any glaring conflictions in future story-telling will be worked around and tied up. It's obvious you expected good lore for this in the first place if you're making this arguement so maybe have a bit of faith some more, and wait for blizz to take care of these holes later.

Now, I'll admit, the cinematic was underwhelming, and I expected better, BUT it did not deserve the 25 pages off QQ it recieved. For real, use your brains for ONCE, WoW community, and maybe we could actually have a REAL discussion.

But I like dragons. It makes me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, you're not liable to get a decent conversation when you start off your post that way.

I'll adress #4 first. This cinematic is not a lore breaker. No single plot hole can ever be big enough to totally break lore this big. But at this point, it's another snag in the fabric of a cloth that's already pretty damn wornout. Kinda like that favorite pair of jeans you would hate to throw away, but it's got so many holes that you can't wear it in public without getting arested.

#2- I wouldn't want the former aspects to walk away unscathed either, but stripped them of the Titan's blessing just seems excessive. Very excessive. The Titan's blessings and the unique powers that came with them are one of the most interesting facets to WoW lore. Now the dragons, at least the four good-aligned flights, are just lizards with different colored scales, no real differences between them.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    I just can't wait till Sargeras comes I almost admire that guy even more then I did admire Arthas <3

I wished someone would have died, ANY ONE of the good guys just to make it a bittersweet ending, instead we got a "Oh honey, I'm pregnant!" Should of killed off that horrible character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    First off, you're not liable to get a decent conversation when you start off your post that way.

I'll adress #4 first. This cinematic is not a lore breaker. No single plot hole can ever be big enough to totally break lore this big. But at this point, it's another snag in the fabric of a cloth that's already pretty damn wornout. Kinda like that favorite pair of jeans you would hate to throw away, but it's got so many holes that you can't wear it in public without getting arested.

#2- I wouldn't want the former aspects to walk away unscathed either, but stripped them of the Titan's blessing just seems excessive. Very excessive. The Titan's blessings and the unique powers that came with them are one of the most interesting facets to WoW lore. Now the dragons, at least the four good-aligned flights, are just lizards with different colored scales, no real differences between them.
    There really aren't THAT many plot holes, if you REALLY look into it. Blizzard covered their ass if you knew intricate facets of lore. This is almost a repeat performance as the last time the Dragon Soul was used. The Aspects are weakened, losing their powers, but as we can see from the fact of what's going on in today's world, they all regained their powers over time. The loss of powers isn't necessarily permanent. After the sheer amount of power, will, and energy each aspect poured into the dragon soul for it to take down Deathwing, it's expected for a temporary loss of power to happen...they are extremely weakened after this.

People who QQ about lore aren't interested in it anyway. People became so much fan of WoW that they forgot it wasn't their story or they completly forgot it's a game/books. They think that since the story doesn't fit their liking, they have the right to say Blizzard is wrong.

I've got a great idea for players who keeps QQing about lore. Write a damn book yourself, make the cool ending you always wanted, then reread it as much as you like. since Blizzard is the one making the game, they also have the right to do whatever they want with the story. So instead of taking everything personaly everytime they make a decision about the story, or the game as a whole for that matter, just sit back and enjoy the ride while it lasts. You guys are just ruining others fun just like people who talks at the cinema, if you don't wanna watch that movie, leave the frkin room already.

It's nice Thrall gets to be a father, but the age of mortals -cliché pisses me off somewhat. I felt they were going this route, I just didn't want to believe it. Not as bad as "There must always be a Lich King", but lame nonetheless.

Deleted
    What's TL;DR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, we knew even earlier. Blizzcon 2010, they said Thrall would be making brown babies.