Deleted

T13 2p is useless for holy?

So ok, I'm disc ms and I just got my 2p and was kinda excited, since I'll get to double dip in to it 'cause I got access both to DH and PI. But than I realized that bonus only stays for 10 secs and hymn has 8 second channel time, so it barely leaves me with any time to actually benefit from the proc. Yeah, I get my use from PI as disc but what about holy? Heavenly voice only increases healing down and decreases cooldown, so they'll have the same channeling time.

As a rogue, the 2pc says it lasts for 23 seconds, so im assuming speccing disc makes it so you can't double dip on both and for holy it lasts 23 seconds, giving you 15 seconds afterwards for the buff.

Deleted
    Yes, indeed. I've just changed to shadow and the numbers on the item jumped. Kinda lame they did not tell that before hand, I was expecting a longer duration for disc.

Long story short I find both the 2 peice and 4 peice very bad for holy

I rember back when the set bonuses were out it said disc priests would get an 10 second duration and non-disc (awsome wording) would get 23 seconds. For disc PI is instant so it makes sense that its shorter while holy has to channel an 8 second spell. I'm not quite sure but I think thait is almost a good idea to disc to just break off their divine hymn channel, however I may be wrong on that.

Either way holy got the shaft with these bonuses (from a 10m healer) I'm hopeing to milk out my 2 peice teir 12 for a few weeks. In heroic firelands I easily got 25k ish mana back from it. I didn't see how much it was. Lastnight on madness of deathwing but its likely in the high 30s due to how long that fight is

The buff is 23 seconds to account for the DH cast time so that holy still gets a full 15 seconds of the buff.

Whether after popping such a CD anyone needs any actual healing after that is why the set bonus isn't all that great. Although on Zon'ozz this week I probably would have gotten the full use of the bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    Long story short I find both the 2 peice and 4 peice very bad for holy

I rember back when the set bonuses were out it said disc priests would get an 10 second duration and non-disc (awsome wording) would get 23 seconds. For disc PI is instant so it makes sense that its shorter while holy has to channel an 8 second spell. I'm not quite sure but I think thait is almost a good idea to disc to just break off their divine hymn channel, however I may be wrong on that.

Either way holy got the shaft with these bonuses (from a 10m healer) I'm hopeing to milk out my 2 peice teir 12 for a few weeks. In heroic firelands I easily got 25k ish mana back from it. I didn't see how much it was. Lastnight on madness of deathwing but its likely in the high 30s due to how long that fight is
    It's not only that PI is instant, it's also that it has a shorter CD than our Divine Hymn (talented) and (if used on self) is a major healing increase cooldown in it's own right.

But I agree, the set bonuses are a little underwhelming for we non-Disc Priests, but at the very least, it's not tied into Lightwell. I too am going to milk my 2 set T12 for all it's worth for as long as I can and see how much offset I can collect (since I don't have 4 piece T12. FU RNG) before I get 4set T13.

Anyway, it's not as if they've never changed set bonuses mid-Tier before now. I'm hoping this may be one of those times

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I still think I'll end up useing my 2 peice firelands teir untill I atlest get the heroic teir 2 peice. Its just awful for holy in my opinion. I personally don't know how they could make it on par for holy priests other than somthing like tieing it to desprate prayer... ohh that's a good idea let's use that!

I happened to get windward heart and the stacking spirit trinket last night, so I am finally able to drop a couple spirit pieces. I think we will NEED to have the stacking spirit trinket.

Has anyone tested to confirm that the mana reduction from PI and the mana reduction after it is cast with the two piece set bonus do indeed stack?

All the 2pc bonuses are tied to a CD of some sort. Some specs just drew the short straw, some specs got a good deal. In particular, Shamans I think got a good deal, Disc as well. I don't think ours is all that much worse than the others, I think really that tying such a bonus to throughput cooldowns just isn't that attractive of a mechanic: why do you want to reduce the cost of spells after you use a CD if the whole point of a lot of these CDs is you don't have to use your other spells quite as much?

Deleted

durations

hang on... 23 secs for holy and 10 for disc...

Unless DH is now a 13 second cast it looks like either disc gets screwed as holy gets a 15 sec long mana cost reduction while disc only gets 10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guattari View Post
    hang on... 23 secs for holy and 10 for disc...

Unless DH is now a 13 second cast it looks like either disc gets screwed as holy gets a 15 sec long mana cost reduction while disc only gets 10.
    Divine Hymn has a longer CD than PI so the tier bonus has a longer duration to compensate.

I am not sure if I agree with everyone hating on the two piece bonus.

I normally use Divine Hymn in situations of high raid damage. Casting Divine Hymn usually prevents raid members from dying. When my divine Hymn is finished there is usually alot of raid healing to still do. At this point I unload a vast amount of healing to top off raid health. Having a 23second 25% reduction in the cost heals in this critical point of an encounter is quite significant to me.

Large raid damage situations:
    COH, Divine Hymn, COH, flash heal, POH, Flash heal POH, COH, repeat. Getting raid health back up.

When Blizzard makes changes I always try to understand why the people would make such and such a change or how this change can benefit my character. Having full time people make these decisions as a way of living do have the best intentions in mind for the gamer.