Page 1 of 3
LastLast

dps EXTREMELY low on Ultraxion!

We're workin on 25m Ultraxion right now, and my dps is EXTREMELY... im doing 22k. with a 382 ilvl.. im speechless right now.

is there any other spriest out there that are doing lower dps than usual??

10+ Year Old Account
    t12 4pc was nerfed. But that probably doesn't account for your lol22k dps. Was it that bad on baleroc?

no i was doing 27k through out the fight on baleroc, and ending at 32k regularly

thats why im so confused

Do you have an armory and/or log? It could just be something stupid (I can't count the number of times I've missed something stupid... "why is my paladin's health so low? Oh, I broke my meta gem. Why isn't my druid's lifebloom refreshing with nourish? Because when I respecced, I somehow managed not to put any points into that talent")

Edit: More directly answering your question, my wife's shadow priest seems to be doing fine... at least as well as she was doing pre-patch.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trick/advanced

there's my armory, no logs yet.. but im doing my normal rotation, that i've always been doing.. i went from always being top 3 dps. to bottom 3. its embarrassing

10+ Year Old Account
    2 unenchanted items
    1 empty socket in 1 item

ya fixed 1 of the enchants. forgot i upgradedt he wrist. getting the gem now. but that can be the cause of me losing like 8k dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    2 unenchanted items
    1 empty socket in 1 item
    That is a very, VERY small dps loss, and probably WONT account for the loss of 5k dps this priest is saying he has.

Pretty much, OP, we need logs. There isnt a thing that I can think of that would result in a loss of 5k dps in the "patchwerk" of this raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Hmmm.... asked my wife (who knows more about shadow priest) to look at it... obviously the missing enchantments and gem hurt, and your hit is low, but other than that we're not seeing anything that would cause you to lose that much damage (and given that the rest of your gear is enchanted/gemmed just fine, I'm assuming you either hadn't gotten to those pieces yet, you got those pieces after the fight, or the armory just hasn't updated yet).

Sorry, I tried

Edit: Is it something else in raid comp, like losing dark intent or something?

Dropping into the shadow realm occasionally might be buggering up some of your rotation? Losing 2-3s every 30 or so can hurt.

well at the beginning of fights, i get up to around 27k-32k dps... and im lookin at the meters.. im topping 24k 26k -.-

our other spriest.. whose usually up on the meters.. is extremely low as well.. he's doing like 21k 22k

17% hit has become very important (it wasn't so much in t11).
    As for something specific to what you may be doing on the encounter (and without a log) all I can advise is to watch timers and be sure to reapply DOTs if they are going to fall off while you are out of the twilight realm. (ie: avoiding the nuke)

It is better to clip them a bit early in this case than to have the fall off. And as others have said try using the cooldown a little closer to the cast completing.
    Good luck.

ya i'm reapplying my dots if i think they'll fall off while in the twilight realm.

i've watched for any misses.. and i know i cant catch them all, but i'm rarely missing with the hit percentage i have atm.

i'll have logs later tonight. i really need to figure this out though.

I had the same problem, I was doing 22k at the most sometimes and actually got benched because I was doing so bad, all the other fights I did great on though. I thought it was just me failing though someone else had this problem lol.

ya i'm reapplying my dots if i think they'll fall off while in the twilight realm.

i've watched for any misses.. and i know i cant catch them all, but i'm rarely missing with the hit percentage i have atm.

maybe your case is that you don't optimize activity time clicking for the portal too soon while not being able to cast.

i managed to raise from 22k to 29k today with my ele shaman 382 (32k aprox in baleroc)

im getting it to 28k now. but im clicking the button when Ultraxion is halfway done casting hour of twilight

Quote Originally Posted by killtrick View Post

There's no reason to watch for misses. Just reforge for more spirit.
    You have plenty of secondary stats at your ilvl to reach hit cap with reforges. (also the powerful ghostly spellthread missing from your legs would help towards that)

Hope that doesn't come across as dickish, just trying to help.

Use this Macro;

/Stopcasting
    /Click ExtraActionButton1

Press this when you are 1/2 seconds before the end of the cast, it will use the twilight zone button and stop your casting. Downtime can be a killer of DPS. Luckily as a rogue we can cloak a few of them per kill. But even when I'm zoning it's for no more than a second or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    17% hit has become very important (it wasn't so much in t11).
    As for something specific to what you may be doing on the encounter (and without a log) all I can advise is to watch timers and be sure to reapply DOTs if they are going to fall off while you are out of the twilight realm. (ie: avoiding the nuke)

It is better to clip them a bit early in this case than to have the fall off. And as others have said try using the cooldown a little closer to the cast completing.
    Good luck.
    All but the first boss I did with 11% hit and I think it went fine http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5494&e=5556