Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I can also verify that Holy Word: Sanctuary is affected by Inner Will and Mental Agility. However, the same treatment was not extended to all shorter-than-one-second cast spells (Lightwell), so I guess they made it an exception to the rule, rather than a baseline coding change.

not that that matters to most people, Lightwell is still awesome.
    Yeah... 6k HW:Sanc is pretty win.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I wonder how the wellfaretrinket from mannoroth fares for priests... the Int is always welcome (SP + Reg from replenishment + huge benefit for disc) and the mastery should be strong for holy - and not that weak for disc, too. I know that random throughputprocs aren't that great, but for bossfights where you won't need the timing it might be a considerable upgrade to MWC.
    Especially when you keep in mind that the Eye is rather underwhelming and really GOOD trinkets are hard to get.
    For disc, a highlvl-Version of an Int-Trinket (Eye heroic or the randomtrinket from DS, at least the normalmode version) should still be better - but if it won't drop, people won't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Adding a new one:
    Posting about Discipline Stat Weights:
    The funny thing about Discipline's stat weights, is there's a "best" way to do things, and another "damn, I did that just as well with you with completely different gearing". Note the quotations. Certain gearing strategies play to certain playstyles, roles, raid makeups, etc. Posting to ask "I'm disc what stats do I stack" really helps no one, including yourself.
    I'm really really sorry, but I have to do this. This is my first post, since I prefer to lurk and just absorb the best from you guys, but not I have to ask a question.
    You say that there have been loads of discussions already, but most of the ones I have seen have been a couple of posts and then someone saying that the thread is stupid, cause it depends on your playstyle. And that is ok, but where can I find the dicussion on what actually is good or viable or fun of w/e depending on your playstyle? Even if I'm told over and over again that the priorities differ if I'm raid healing vs tank healing I can't seem to follow what the difference is or why it changes. Ofc I can test it out myself, but I'm a casual player. I don't read every thread here, and I mosty log in to wow when its raid. So if there is some posts I have missed that will answer my question, please direct me to it, and if every thread about it has been purged or closed, maybe, just maybe, could someone sum it up? I have my playstyle but if I get more info on the different ones I can try them out with the gear changes corrensponding to to them.
    I also understand that even with the same role and the same basic playstyle there might be more than one viable way to gear, but what are those ways? And most importantly, why? And what are those playstyles?

I'll probably get some angry readers from this, but its frustrating to log on to a forum looking for help only to get the feeling that I'm too late, those discussions are over, and I'm stupid for even wondering. Hopefully thats not the way you want this forum to work.

Noone knows your role in your raid, the spells which you use and the frequency of your spellusage.
    We don't even know which content you're raiding or which gearlevel you've obtained.

But keep in mind that mastery becomes stronger the more shields you're tossing. And, to a certain extent, it is rather strong when using PoH.
    On the other hand, haste is a multiplicator. If you're forced to constantly heal and your heals (+Aegis) are big ones, haste will add so much more throughput. But when your heals (+Aegis) aren't that big, haste won't be that much of a benefit.
    Haste has the added benefit of "saving" people because heals are needed just in time.

Spirit is only needed if you're uncomfortable with your manareg. With current gearlevels, most priests will forsake as much spirit as they're able to, since disc scales way too good with our manapool.
    Crit is a good stat, but you're getting a lot of crit out of your specc. Adding in raidbuffs will leave you with "enough" crit to make mastery a more worthy stat.

So, for current ilvls (T12 heroic and T13 normal) I would say: for beginners, aim for enough haste to get your casts down to 2.0 seconds raidbuffed and then invest as much itembudget as you can into mastery. This should be a starting point. After that, use your brain, use your guts, but you have to determine for yourself which "way" is the best.

just to let yall know, divine hymn, tranq, and spirit link totem heals anyone in the frost tombs on hagra.

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    just to let yall know, divine hymn, tranq, and spirit link totem heals anyone in the frost tombs on hagra.

useful info!

Yeah I noticed that on our kill. Expect that to change though.

It may not work on heroic mode, though. Normals this time around are pretty non-challenging as a whole. But heroics that probably won't be the case.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'm finding as holy in 25 mans that most of the fights have a decent amount of stacking...especially Madness of deathwing. Sanctuary is my number 2 heal on that fight. It's also nice once we lose nozdormu's buff and the elementium shard thingy comes down to be able to save the raid with divine hymn. We tried using a couple tranqs but we always lost a couple people. Using divine hymn and 1 tranq the raid pretty much sat at close to full.

That fight is really really long though and being able to cast 3-4 hymns, and 2-3 shadowfiends over the course of one fight makes mana management a lot of fun.

I felt forced to be Disc like a lot of other holy priests in FL, and its great to be able to play what i like again.

WoLs is being wierd with parsing the last fight, but here is our log from our kill last night:

worldoflogs.com/reports/6qq53nelwlonr2uh/sum/healingDone/?s=10174&e=10941

Shadow here:

doesn't seem to be much changed since 4.2 playstyle wise. i swear Mind sears been stealth buffed though iv been gettin crazy high crits on it compayed to 4.2 (and i havent actually won a boss drop yet so no change in gear)

cosmetically glyph of shadow is sexy <3 nice to be able to show off my rare mounts

Deleted
    Anyone know if shields count as healing on the debuff people get on Spine of Deathwing fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Anyone know if shields count as healing on the debuff people get on Spine of Deathwing fight?
    My guess is no, but you are adding effective HP and keeping them from taking damage while the debuff is being taken off.

15+ Year Old Account

So does PoH actually

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    So does PoH actually
    ooo really? Have to try that out, hopefully it isn't fixed because we are cutting it close on tombs...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    ooo really? Have to try that out, hopefully it isn't fixed because we are cutting it close on tombs...
    Yeah, try it, but don't tell anyone! ;D

I think Holy is in a pretty good place: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10356&e=10978 (it's a kill even though it shows as a wipe)

Deleted
    In what order were you getting rid of the aspects?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    In what order were you getting rid of the aspects?
    Left is 1 and right is 4.. we did: 3, 2, 1, 4

I also picked up the Heart of Unliving: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/77199 880 Spirit trinket on the boss previous... I had 3700 spi and just sat in IW for 6k HW:Sanc cost... seemed to work pretty well :O

Anyone else have logs to compare?
    Last edited by Mazi; 2011-12-02 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post

Anyone else have logs to compare?
    Posted this up higher but here it is again in case you missed it (cant do links yet)

worldoflogs.com/reports/6qq53nelwlonr2uh/sum/healingDone/?s=10174&e=10941

We did 3,2,4,1. The healing boost isn't needed at all on normal mode. And yea I abused Sanctuary pretty badly on that fight. 4 set is going to be a pretty substantial boost to HPS on a few of these fights. I screwed up and accidentally moved at the beginning of my divine hymn channel in P2 and almost wiped the raid.

Deleted
    Did 4 set bonus for Shadow Priest get nerfed?