Thread: advice

advice

Hey everyone,
    I wanted to get someone of your input about my priest. I am in a bit of a predicament about whether to keep my holy spec or switch it to disc. I am a 10man raider in a casual guild. I have had a holy spec since 4.0 and pretty much enjoyed healing with it but with all the changes of 4.3 I don't know if I still enjoy it. I dont want to switch my offspec cause I use shadow a lot especially for pvp. I wasn't putting up very good numbers last night and the cd of holy word:serenity is really throwing me off. and the increased mana cost of circle of healing sucks in 10man.

We went 4/8 last night and really only raid 1 night per week. I heal with a holy pally and resto shaman. My questions are 1) would my raid benefit from disc priest versus a holy priest? 2) since holy has updated raid cooldowns which are better in a 10man setting? 3) how will I be able to do the spine of deathwing fight as disc?

My other character is a resto shaman in a semi-hardcore guild and we are 8/8 so I know more or less the mechanics of all the fights which is why i am asking about how disc would interact with the other healers later in progression. Our priest goes holy on spine in my main raid group.

Here is my priest armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ormizer/simple

I raid 10 man too.

1. Both specs are beneficial to the raid. I personally feel better healing in holy, but the mana regen sometimes can be rough, where as in disc, mana regen is nice with rapture.
    2. Divine Hymn in holy is sooo awesome.
    3. For spine, disc is really the best. All I had to do was heal the targets with the debuff. It really makes the fight easy after that.

Personally, I am going to stay holy for all the fights except Ultraxion and Spine of Deathwing.

Did you find that you had enough throughput to heal through the 200k absorb?

Quote Originally Posted by lasermizer View Post
    Did you find that you had enough throughput to heal through the 200k absorb?
    Yeah, with help from the resto druid in my raid. He would just hot up each debuff target and I would just spam GH. It worked out really well actually. Inner focus is your best friend.

okay the only real reason I asked is because in my main raid group we have a resto druid and really wasn't getting the debuffs on when our priest when disc. Not sure if they were just not healing the right people. Also I hate that there is no way to track heals that have been absorbed. Cause I know that I was doing the most heals that fight but there was no real way to prove that.
    anyways if you are not having problems with disc on that fight I may permanently switch and atonement heal

Quote Originally Posted by lasermizer View Post
    okay the only real reason I asked is because in my main raid group we have a resto druid and really wasn't getting the debuffs on when our priest when disc. Not sure if they were just not healing the right people. Also I hate that there is no way to track heals that have been absorbed. Cause I know that I was doing the most heals that fight but there was no real way to prove that.
    anyways if you are not having problems with disc on that fight I may permanently switch and atonement heal
    Honestly, as long as the boss dies, I don't care what my numbers are. My job was specifically to bomb the debuff targets with heals. Atonement would be nice for that fight, but if your raid can dps tentacles down correctly and kill the tendon fast enough, you should just focus heal the debuff.

Im only concerned with numbers when i am out of mana and someone else has mana and I am outrageously outhealing them or doing their job. I just wish there was a way to know how much of someone's heals went to clearing absorb.