15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    Hello all. I am fairly new to the game (only level 10) but I have 2 sets of "which champion" questions.

1) Orianna vs Morgana - I play both pretty aggressive and have done fairly well with the limited time I have had on their free weeks but I just cannot decide yet.

2) Ren vs Riven - I have only played Riven once so far but I really enjoyed her style. I want to learn a melee champ for times when I am not using one of the two mentioned above.

Your thoughts?
    I would learn Orianna over Morgana for the one simple point: MORGANA IS ALWAYS BANNED (feel mah rage?)

Riven is a good choice because you can start jungling with her when you get higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I would learn Orianna over Morgana for the one simple point: MORGANA IS ALWAYS BANNED (feel mah rage?)

Riven is a good choice because you can start jungling with her when you get higher level.
    Well that stinks as I was leaning toward Morgana. Must be even more powerful than I realized, haha.

I don't know much about jungling but having other options seems like a good idea.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Morgana aggressive ? I find her very lame, she is more defensive and annoying than aggressive
    She can hold mid very easily, but her Q isn't enough to push others from mid
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Morgana aggressive ? I find her very lame, she is more defensive and annoying than aggressive
    She can hold mid very easily, but her Q isn't enough to push others from mid
    lol...what?

Back to Morgana vs. Orianna - honestly...you're level 10. Morgana is going to offer so much more and since you don't have to worry about bans for a while...just play her. She's an absolute beast. If you can master her you're going to dominate until you start playing ranked...then GL getting her.

lol...what?

Back to Morgana vs. Orianna - honestly...you're level 10. Morgana is going to offer so much more and since you don't have to worry about bans for a while...just play her. She's an absolute beast. If you can master her you're going to dominate until you start playing ranked...then GL getting her.
    True. As little as I generally get to play it may be quite a while before I hit 30. By then maybe she won't be banned every game? haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orianna is considered one of best harrasers, Morganna isn't
    Morgana is considered one of best anti-AP mid
    Pre-nerf Orianna+Cass bot was beast team, they will harrass you to death and force you out of lane whatever is your pick (they got nerfed however)

Morgana has Q as attacking spell, her anti-CC shield is very good defensive ability (or initiation), her W is very good to farm creeps but very easy to avoid both her Q and W, get a farmer in mid and he will make her useless, just both stick to farming and whatever you play you will be better than AP morgana after that shield nerf, her ulti is very easy to run from (even in team fights, it has tiny range)

I don't say Morgana is bad, what I say if you want to play offensive, Orianna will be much better choice, if you want to play safe style, Morgana then
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I'm looking for a tanky melee dps.. I played Shyvana for most of the week while she was free and enjoyed her, and I also enjoyed Olaf quite a bit. I've played Tryn (okay, really, who hasn't?) and enjoyed him, but I hate getting owned by CC before my quicksilver sash. Do you guys hav any suggestions for a tanky melee? i have cho and I'm not a big fan, since he's AP. So I'd prefer to play AD.

Olaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garen is one of best early games Tanky dps, master him can bring fast wins
    Jarvan is tanky dps who also can do dmg and take dmg
    Irelia / Olaf / Udyr / Nasus (can be best or worst of them) / Lee Sin
    Actually the list is too long, anything else you want in your tanky dps ? He has stun or slow or silence ? more tank side or more dps side ?
    Thrall

Orianna is considered one of best harrasers, Morganna isn't
    Morgana is considered one of best anti-AP mid
    Pre-nerf Orianna+Cass bot was beast team, they will harrass you to death and force you out of lane whatever is your pick (they got nerfed however)

Morgana has Q as attacking spell, her anti-CC shield is very good defensive ability (or initiation), her W is very good to farm creeps but very easy to avoid both her Q and W, get a farmer in mid and he will make her useless, just both stick to farming and whatever you play you will be better than AP morgana after that shield nerf, her ulti is very easy to run from (even in team fights, it has tiny range)

I don't say Morgana is bad, what I say if you want to play offensive, Orianna will be much better choice, if you want to play safe style, Morgana then
    Morgana's W applies it's first tick immediately so it does make for decent early game harass. If they are ranged, drop it on the back row creeps and the champ for some damage and usually make them move enough I can gain an advantage. Generally they run out of their range so they can't last hit because they don't want to run closer where I can root them with my creeps on them. For melee I hang back and root them when they go to last hit and drop it on them and make them pot fairly early (if they bought them).

Orianna has more utility with her W, E, and ult but is squishier. I still think it's fairly close but I do find Morgana more fun (maybe because Orianna's original skin is ugly).

Though I went 22/2/14 on Riven last night so maybe I will just go with her, haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll probably beast-mode Riven at your low level.

Morgana is just sick...I'd play both.

Deleted
    On that Xerath discussion yesterday: Xerath and Brand fill different roles and play styles. Brand has more straight out frontal damage. There's nothing to add to that. But Xerath is made for poking, if you can just avoid initiating and let Xerath hit some Qs on the enemy team, you are going to be in a great spot when the teamfight starts, cause it does sort of absurd damage to carries. Its just sad that no one knows how to play said "poke combos", they all just want to teamfight and that is where Xerath is on his weakest, unless they like line up perfectly and you hit like 3+ people with every Q and 2+ with every R.
    But yeah, as soon as people learn to like properly play poke combos Xerath is going to be picked a lot more. At the moment its just those 5 seconds of the teamfights and then GG

10+ Year Old Account
    And what would be those poke combos?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    And what would be those poke combos?
    Kog'maw, Nidalee, Xerath, Soraka, and Nocturne

Nidalee, Gragas, GP, Cait, and Janna

Swain, Morgana, Trundle, Soraka/Sona, Ezreal

omg beast poke

If you can convince your SoloQ mates to "buy-in" to a pure poke game and play around that style...SURE WIN.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2011-12-08 at 04:25 PM.

I've been enjoying Tristana as I got her for free from one of their promotins, but prior to Tristana I was enjoying Morgana, but got frustrated with her skillshot in that it got blocked by minions. I may just not be skilled enough to use skillshots. But I was wondering. If I enjoyed Morgana would I enjoy Fiddlesticks? I've been watching videos, and reading up on him and I'm really interested in him. Or save my money up, and buy Fizz because that's the only other champion that made me perk up and go "Oooh that looks awesome". Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jercard View Post
    I've been enjoying Tristana as I got her for free from one of their promotins, but prior to Tristana I was enjoying Morgana, but got frustrated with her skillshot in that it got blocked by minions. I may just not be skilled enough to use skillshots. But I was wondering. If I enjoyed Morgana would I enjoy Fiddlesticks? I've been watching videos, and reading up on him and I'm really interested in him. Or save my money up, and buy Fizz because that's the only other champion that made me perk up and go "Oooh that looks awesome". Thoughts?
    Fiddle is just plain fun. You'll be asked to jungle, so make sure you see a guide on solomid.net about runes and jungle route.

Skillshots may just not be your thing...but its always best to practice. Its all about positioning and guessing where your opponent will be.

Fiddle is just plain fun. You'll be asked to jungle, so make sure you see a guide on solomid.net about runes and jungle route.

Skillshots may just not be your thing...but its always best to practice. Its all about positioning and guessing where your opponent will be.
    I'm no stranger to jungling. I purchased Warwick, and did jungling plenty of times. I've also jungled as Master Yi, and racked up plenty of kills coming out to gank lanes. So if I'm asked to jungle as fiddlesticks I'm okay with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well then, allow me to point you in this direction:

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6558

Have fun!

Garen is one of best early games Tanky dps, master him can bring fast wins
    Jarvan is tanky dps who also can do dmg and take dmg
    Irelia / Olaf / Udyr / Nasus (can be best or worst of them) / Lee Sin
    Actually the list is too long, anything else you want in your tanky dps ? He has stun or slow or silence ? more tank side or more dps side ?
    I would prefer a bit more DPS than tanky. I'd definitely like the abillity to quickly burst someone down, instead of poke -> poke -> poke -> poke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I would prefer a bit more DPS than tanky. I'd definitely like the abillity to quickly burst someone down, instead of poke -> poke -> poke -> poke.
    Fizz
    Irelia
    Jax (still viable post dodge nerf?)
    Lee Sin
    Master Yi
    Nasus
    Pantheon
    Poppy
    Renekton
    Volibear
    Wukong

Start there, I guess.