Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The RMAH is the soul reason I won't even consider playing D3. I just don't want to get involved with it.

Deleted
    Trollzzard strikes again!
    Im gonna rank this a 10/10 trolling,Good job blizzard

Deleted
    So D3 aint gonna make me a millionaire? That's a disappointment. Seriously, the cash out amount, I believe,, is going to be standard across the board so you won't be putting up useless items for small amounts. You would be using the RMAH only for desirable items that would net you some sort of profit. This isn't news as we've known since the announcement that Blizzard would be taking a cut. We just didn't know how much and still don't.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    i dont plan on playing d3 after all this bullshit with the rmah, its just going to be a bunch of babbys running around with their mom's credit cards stomping on people who dont have the time to bot whatever the equivalent of baal runs will be or dont have the money to get good stuff.

yeah thats another thing, i bet the black market is going to be the same as it was in d2 because if the people truly looking to make a profit off selling items are trying to max profits they arent going to use the rmah they are going to go right back to spamming the shit out of games, "10% off runewords smitadin sets at d2goldsales.com!!!!! !!! ! ACT NOW !! !! " bull shit
    Ahh yes, i only you could play in offline mod- O WAIT!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm fairly certain that Blizzard already stated that they would have a fee for posting the auction and for the sale itself. They've said previously PayPal would be the middle-man for transferring real-money funds to the player, no surprise PayPal would take a cut there. That is 3/4 of the fees, so most of this information is nothing new. The fee for cashing out is understandable, since Blizzard would want to keep that money within Battle.net Balance, hence more money in their system. There probably won't be any fee to keep the funds within the Battle.net Balance.

The rest of the post, including the picture, is just a bunch of crap to enrage people. Blizzard want to make some money out of this system, if their fees are too high, people would just use the black market option like in Diablo II.
    Last edited by Xalorith; 2011-12-12 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Hate to point out the obvious (given that so many people seem happy...) but if there no incentive, or at least not one large enough, then people won't use it and they'll see no money from it.

I'll wait until i see some real numbers, but lets not put photoshopped pictures before common sense eh

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    So D3 aint gonna make me a millionaire? That's a disappointment. Seriously, the cash out amount, I believe,, is going to be standard across the board so you won't be putting up useless items for small amounts. You would be using the RMAH only for desirable items that would net you some sort of profit. This isn't news as we've known since the announcement that Blizzard would be taking a cut. We just didn't know how much and still don't.
    How dare you squash my dreams of AHing greens and blues to pay the rent.

If the fees are this high, I don't think they will be, i am glad I am going the 2 account route. on my main account I will sell and have it all stay on the battle.net account. Once I hit a certain amount that would be worth it i will list an auction on the 2nd account for the amount I have on the 1st, set it to pay out to paypal and then buy it with my 1st account. this solves the problem in my eyes

Deleted
    That's even worse than ebay, there's just too many fees. I can't see the incentive in using the Real Money Auction House at all, or maybe that's Blizzard's intention? to stop players from selling and intimidate the gold farmers into not using the AH. All that will happen is that gold sellers will create new 3rd party sites offering cheaper gear and it will be diablo 2 all over again.

I'm just looking at the number I see in game currently: so I can't comment on the cash out fee or paypal's. However the Transaction fee (Which I'm assuming is the closing fee they list, as there is no such thing as closing fee in game) is 15% of the final price. So assuming that the piece did sell for four dollars would the "Closing Fee" not be $1.50 but rather $0.60.

I still stand thinking that it won't be that bad and it's extra income for no work at all. 10 extra bucks a month for playing a game I would be anyways: sure, thanks Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    I'm just looking at the number I see in game currently: so I can't comment on the cash out fee or paypal's. However the Transaction fee (Which I'm assuming is the closing fee they list, as there is no such thing as closing fee in game) is 15% of the final price. So assuming that the piece did sell for four dollars would the "Closing Fee" not be $1.50 but rather $0.60.

I still stand thinking that it won't be that bad and it's extra income for no work at all. 10 extra bucks a month for playing a game I would be anyways: sure, thanks Blizz.
    Source? Because I remember reading that every fee would be a flat cut, not a percentage, minus third-party services like Paypal.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    That's even worse than ebay, there's just too many fees. I can't see the incentive in using the Real Money Auction House at all, or maybe that's Blizzard's intention? to stop players from selling and intimidate the gold farmers into not using the AH. All that will happen is that gold sellers will create new 3rd party sites offering cheaper gear and it will be diablo 2 all over again.
    Number of fees doesn't matter. It's the amount that does, and we still don't know it yet.

believe it or not, i'm going to play Diablo 3 because I love the game, not to make an income. I could find an item that would sell for 800 dollars and i wouldn't sell it. i shall just equip all my items and enjoy pwning faces. Blizzard can make a profit however they want. it's called running a business.

Wait to overreact to theoretical numbers.
    This, plus.

In the end, it is free money to anyone , regardless of how much time you spent "farming" for an item it doesn't actually COST you anything besides your time which costs nothing to begin with.

All that will happen is that gold sellers will create new 3rd party sites offering cheaper gear and it will be diablo 2 all over again.
    If I want to buy gear for RM I will, as any fee only hit the seller. There would be a much higher risk for fraud etc. Selling though a third party site I suspect won't be very popular, only the hardcore "I HATE BLIZZ" sellers would do that, and/or chinese farmers aka bots and you would still have to deal with Paypal fees and whatnot.
    Last edited by Synche; 2011-12-12 at 05:58 AM.

Why do people seem to think this guy was being serious? He was just illustrating the point that blizz are taking 3 cuts from the sale of each single item and how ridiculous it actually is.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This AH was one of the main reasons I would not pick up D3, just further confirms I would not touch this game with a 40 foot pole sadly. I really enjoyed the first and second Diablo series. Sad that they do this to the probable last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    This AH was one of the main reasons I would not pick up D3, just further confirms I would not touch this game with a 40 foot pole sadly. I really enjoyed the first and second Diablo series. Sad that they do this to the probable last one.
    or you could just...not use the RMAH /GASP

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    or you could just...not use the RMAH /GASP
    I know, it's such a weird concept to choose to or not to use a completely optional, doesn't affect you in the slightest way feature in a game. And, more than likely, he will actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Source? Because I remember reading that every fee would be a flat cut, not a percentage, minus third-party services like Paypal.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 12:41 AM ----------

Number of fees doesn't matter. It's the amount that does, and we still don't know it yet.
    Like I said: from the game client. Anyhow I looked around some more and it appears to depend on what you're selling. See, Gold appears to be percent based whereas gear is a flat fee. However the fee is stationary between all the gear I have, a collection of rares and magic: plus I tested a white item.

Anyways: here's some screens, but the flat fee would stand to remove the junk while supporting adding higher level gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I know, it's such a weird concept to choose to or not to use a completely optional, doesn't affect you in the slightest way feature in a game. And, more than likely, he will actually play the game.
    and use the RMAH

i´ll wait for the blues befor overreacting
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post

ummm, yes it does, lol.

its like going to my bank and saying "well, i dont care HOW many times you charge me, i just want to make sure the amount isnt that high", lol sounds stupid.

failed logic is failed.

its going to end up just like it was in D2 where blackmarket sites will control the sales market of items, because most wont wanna pay a ton of irl fee's.

it was "ok" in WoW, because it was fake, pixelated gold they were taking from me to post auctions, but this is actual money.

note: not that i think posting should be free, obviously blizzard needs to make some money out of this since they keep losing it with lost wow subs, lol. but charging people 3 seperate fee's, regardless of the amount, and forcing you to pay a fee just to get your money out is ridiculous, lol. if i go to another bank's ATM, i expect to pay a fee, i dont pay a fee with my own banks atm's, lol.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2011-12-12 at 06:30 AM.