Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    ummm, yes it does, lol.

its like going to my bank and saying "well, i dont care HOW many times you charge me, i just want to make sure the amount isnt that high", lol sounds stupid.

failed logic is failed.

its going to end up just like it was in D2 where blackmarket sites will control the sales market of items, because most wont wanna pay a ton of irl fee's.

it was "ok" in WoW, because it was fake, pixelated gold they were taking from me to post auctions, but this is actual money.

note: not that i think posting should be free, obviously blizzard needs to make some money out of this since they keep losing it with lost wow subs, lol. but charging people 3 seperate fee's, regardless of the amount, and forcing you to pay a fee just to get your money out is ridiculous, lol. if i go to another bank's ATM, i expect to pay a fee, i dont pay a fee with my own banks atm's, lol.
    1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1<10.

There ya go.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    Like I said: from the game client. Anyhow I looked around some more and it appears to depend on what you're selling. See, Gold appears to be percent based whereas gear is a flat fee. However the fee is stationary between all the gear I have, a collection of rares and magic: plus I tested a white item.

Anyways: here's some screens, but the flat fee would stand to remove the junk while supporting adding higher level gear.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/0qvl7l.jpg[/ig]
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/vvUTwl.jpg[/ig]
    The percentage-based fee for gold would make sense. I imagine they don't want gold selling to be too popular in bulk, to prevent the gold AH from dominating.

This is going to be a really delicate market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    I don't think anyone actually thought it was going to be their salary, that said that article didn't even have any information on the fees themselves so I'll wait until values are put on them before making a decision to use it or not.
    Not to mention you don't have to cash out to still make money off of the system. If I can make 70 dollars every 6 months I can pay for my WoW subscription. You can also buy Loot card packs for 10 dollars and have chance at a spectral tiger you can eBay for more money. The direct profit may be low for every day selling but you can still save money and indirect profits even without "cashing out".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

tbh why are ppl here to bash blizz if you dont like blizz stay on the swtor /LoL/gw2 scetion of the forums or gtfo to another site wasting you time bashing blizz is not gonna improve your crappy life
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    tbh why are ppl here to bash blizz if you dont like blizz stay on the swtor /LoL/gw2 scetion of the forums or gtfo to another site wasting you time bashing blizz is not gonna improve your crappy life
    And complaining about complainers will?....

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    And complaining about complainers will?....
    Way to try to start a flame war with someone.

Deleted
    I don't get why people are freaking out about an article that contains absolutely no new information and offers some purely speculative numbers to bolster their personal worst-case scenario. Furthermore it is clearly blatantly inaccurate and over-exagerrating to make a point, we know what the paypal fees are already and the stated amount there of some 35% is wildly inaccurate, paypal fees are currently around the 3% mark.

So yes, I could make up numbers to back up my argument because I don't like something too. And I'm sorry, the final line about activision - yay! Conspiracy theories from people who already hate something.... I don't know why anyone is taking it seriously.

You guys this source looks totally credible and legit and you should always believe everything you read on the internet, especially if it's on a mockup picture on some random gaming website.

Sad how some people called this as soon as it was announced and the masses claimed tin foil hat syndrome. With all those fees 3rd party sites will be selling gear just like in Diablo 2, however at a much lower price then the RMAH because they can just bypass fees. Blizzard's attempt at controlling the gear market is pathetic. I hope this aspect of the game fails miserably as a big middle finger to all the corporate dooshes that have their finger in Blizzard's pie right now. Get back to your roots Blizzard! And tell these 2-bit faceless, souless, suits, who don't even game to get out of the industry because they're sucking the life and soul out of your company.

Its like Lui Kang in the Mortal Kombat movie saying "I pity you sorcerer; all those souls and you still don't have one of your own."

/end rant

I will only play D3 by myself, anyway.

No way I am linking my battlenet account to anything that has to do with real money.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    Sad how some people called this as soon as it was announced and the masses claimed tin foil hat syndrome. With all those fees 3rd party sites will be selling gear just like in Diablo 2, however at a much lower price then the RMAH because they can just bypass fees. Blizzard's attempt at controlling the gear market is pathetic. I hope this aspect of the game fails miserably as a big middle finger to all the corporate dooshes that have their finger in Blizzard's pie right now. Get back to your roots Blizzard! And tell these 2-bit faceless, souless, suits, who don't even game to get out of the industry because they're sucking the life and soul out of your company.

Its like Lui Kang in the Mortal Kombat movie saying "I pity you sorcerer; all those souls and you still don't have one of your own."

/end rant
    i just approve of the lui kang quote. i own the first movie and maybe just forgot about it...awesome quote though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post

/end rant
    It does not have anything to do with calling Tin Foil Hat Syndrome, the point is that there're no information if no the arbitrary unofficial numbers posted by someone on the net on a blog post that sweat hate from every word.

The point is that is unlikely for the fees to be that sky-high is possible that those will be very very very low for the end user and Blizzard is going to work around the "amount" of transaction and not the quality of them. I respect people not liking this, it is their point of view, but until we have official data, try to have a more considerate attitude towards people that instead like it or that do not care really about the RMAH.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2011-12-12 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    http://www.mmocrunch.com/2011/12/09/...auction-house/

but should we really be surprised as this is the direction that blizzard/activision have been going the last few years
    And you post... that... as a proof.

I swear, the tears of the RMAH haters could be the sweetest that I've tasted yet.

Still waters run deep.

Well why would you expect this not to happen? This is essentially a real auction house. The owners are going to take on some of the compensation. It's just taking some time for people to realize that virtual wares are also worth something in real life. It's why gold sellers from WoW go to jail. The reality is you don't need to sell your items for you money. This method is just a way for you to live off of games. Or in a way, to be like EVE Online, how people are making thousands. Could a person literally live off of Diablo's Auction House? Well look at the popularity in buying vanity items. Think about it if people could pay to win.

I don't necessarily see this as a bad system since 1. it doesn't specifically give you an edge in game 2. Blizzard should do this since the engine and the game itself are somewhat complex, plus it has the Blizzard logo on it, so they can charge a little bit extra. 3. the revenue from the one game price itself would not keep the game going.

Blizzard has quickly realized that if people buy what they want and when they want, they could be making more money than a subscription fee, but since you technically need to use this system, it seems fair on both ends.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Wait, biased post for the win. I thought the fee will be percentage base, if you tell me it's a fixed amount, it's way better. Who would be dumb enough for posting a 4$ RLM on the AH, you don't even see that on Ebay... 40$ items, I got 35,75, woot!
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    ummm, yes it does, lol.

its like going to my bank and saying "well, i dont care HOW many times you charge me, i just want to make sure the amount isnt that high", lol sounds stupid.

failed logic is failed.

its going to end up just like it was in D2 where blackmarket sites will control the sales market of items, because most wont wanna pay a ton of irl fee's.

it was "ok" in WoW, because it was fake, pixelated gold they were taking from me to post auctions, but this is actual money.

note: not that i think posting should be free, obviously blizzard needs to make some money out of this since they keep losing it with lost wow subs, lol. but charging people 3 seperate fee's, regardless of the amount, and forcing you to pay a fee just to get your money out is ridiculous, lol. if i go to another bank's ATM, i expect to pay a fee, i dont pay a fee with my own banks atm's, lol.
    So if i charge 1 10% fee over 5 1% fees you would be ok with that?

Can i sell you some stuff?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

but should we really be surprised as this is the direction that blizzard/activision have been going the last few years
    You know, you could just 'not' use it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    I will only play D3 by myself, anyway.

No way I am linking my battlenet account to anything that has to do with real money.
    Same here. Too serious, too dangerous.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 06:23 PM ----------

I still wonder, out of what ass did that website pull these numbers? Because I can't find them.
    Great to see them make up how much the fee's are without giving a source that has them. Yes I checked the Blizzard support site regarding this, and there are no numbers written down anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Wait, biased post for the win. I thought the fee will be percentage base, if you tell me it's a fixed amount, it's way better. Who would be dumb enough for posting a 4$ RLM on the AH, you don't even see that on Ebay... 40$ items, I got 35,75, woot!
    You obviously missed all the 1$ items on ebay then.

The big problem is they are making the sellerhave all the transaction fees.
    It sounds like only the initial post is the profit blizz will make too, The closing fee sounds like the fee for getting money in the systems, Paypal&Closing fees to get it out.

I'm amazed they could get a deal with Paypal to leviate the transaction to/fram Blizz's account. With the amount of transaction they are going to give them, they would make so much more(Both company really) by reducing all the fees to a minimum, and having the tons of transaction happening. Payal would make alot from all the cash out from it too(They still will, but now they are gonna make tons of cash on Blizz's back all in exchange for what? Not much I'd say.)
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it will change the direction and feature set of future games by having RMT system within the game & built for the game. Making a living off gaming is the realm of fantasy mostly. That's looking at the innovation in the totally wrong light.
    I wasn't planning to make a living at it. I was hoping to get a little extra spending cash for playing a game I like to play. =(

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    So if i charge 1 10% fee over 5 1% fees you would be ok with that?

Can i sell you some stuff?

do you not understand sarcasm? did you even read my post, lol way to completely miss the point. and did you not catch the part where i obviously stated it as sarcasm by saying "sounds stupid" and "failed logic is failed" right after that sentence? good lord some of the people of this site are just dumber than brick walls, lol.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2011-12-12 at 08:14 PM.