10+ Year Old Account

cataclysm raid lockouts

so last time i raided during icc in wotlk. back then u could do same 25 and 10 man raid of the same difficulty.

how is it now ? cant i for example do 25 man normal firelands and 10 man normal firelands the same week ??

Since 4.0.1 all raids have 1 lock out.

Wrath and cata raids have multiple settings, but you can only do 1 per week.

With the exception of the raid finder, you can only kill any boss in a raid once per week.

If you want to kill a boss more than once a week, you have to do it the way it was done in Vanilla and TBC, kill the boss again on an alt, or alts.

That or use the Looking For Raid tool to run Dragon Soul, again and again.

All raids, be they vanilla (MC, BWL, AQ 40), TBC (Kara, Gruul, Mag's lair, SSC, TK, MH, BT, SWP), wrath (Naxx, Ony, Uld, TOC, ICC, EOE, RS) or cata (BWD, BOT, TOT4W, BH, FL, DS) follow the philosophy of "I can only kill a raid boss once a week per toon regardless of 10 or 25 man", as long as everyone remembers that, your question OP is pretty much answered.

They only exception is AQ10 from vanilla which is a 3 day lock out. And of course LFR as I said earlier.

Which begs the question, why do people always try to join BH runs if they are saved? its been like this for over a year now.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-12-12 at 08:35 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    You get the same loot from 10 and 25 now tho.

ICC 10 and 25 were not same difficulty.

Now you can do Dragon Soul in LFR and in normal or heroic difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fucking lame.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what killed pugging imo why would someone lead a pug if they get locked out of their guild raid? I know I wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Which begs the question, why do people always try to join BH runs if they are saved? its been like this for over a year now.
    cuz ppl like me from wotlk think that they can do 10 and 25 if it on the same difficulty(normal)

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    ICC 10 and 25 were not same difficulty.

Now you can do Dragon Soul in LFR and in normal or heroic difficulty.
    what ? u had 10 and 25 normal and 10 and 25 heroic