Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    What blows my mind is how they had, what, 3 months of PTR'ing and allowed that system to go live.

Like 7 years arent enough to learn from mistakes.
    This.

The LFR is far from a finished project, but they were probably forced and/or rushed to get as much of it done to release it for their "last content patch" of the expansion. The fact it only works for one raid is dissappointing. More time should of been spent on making it available for more than just the Dragon Soul raid, this would of been awesome. The loot rolling problem is something that should of been addressed during the PTR testing and FIXED because the frustations that it was going to cause was obvious, blizzard has been doing this for 7+ years, they should know doing things that piss off your customers isnt good for buisness or reputation.

Don't get me wrong I still like the raid finder as it is now, but if they would of imo done the job properly in the first place the raid finder could of been 10x more awesome. I've noticed a trend over the last few years. Blizzard constantly trying to push out products sooner and faster than ever, but their time alloted for completing such projects seems to be shrinking. Much different from the tried and true method of "when ever its done its done".

What blows my mind is how they had, what, 3 months of PTR'ing and allowed that system to go live.

What blows my mind is how people whine endlessly whenever Blizzard fixes anything.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    I was on the PTR and reported it more then 10 times and they said they were aware of the issue and thanked me for pointing it out. They just didn't care enough to fix it.
    Yet they cared enough to fix it after it went live. This leads me to believe that for whatever reason it wasn't a simple fix involving flipping a switch. If they didn't care about fixing it then it wouldn't be fixed PERIOD. My god are you people ever happy about ANYTHING?

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demiknight View Post
    Well when you say "fixed this bug" it's really not a bug at all... its a limitation. From everything they've said the current loot implementation doesn't allow them to assign eligibility at the granularity people, including Blizzard, would like. At that point you really have to debate, release LFR with the current system or put it on hold until you can overhaul the loot flagging sub-system. Frankly, even with the problems, people seem to be generally having a good time... so I say "Blizz made the right call."
    Exactly this. The fact people are failing to acknowledge is that Blizzard introduced a new system into the game and took feedback and made changes with a 2 week turnaround. Isn't this the service people have been claiming they want from Blizzard? Instead all I'm hearing is "hurr durr Blizzard should have done it already".
    Last edited by xanzul; 2011-12-13 at 08:00 PM.

Class restriction on LFR items + Role roll bonus = pretty good fix imo.

Edit: I'm with xanzul. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Last edited by JonBoy2001; 2011-12-13 at 09:06 PM.
    Moo.

Deleted
    I'm still gonna bet that Souldrinker is Role Restricted to Tanks even though it's the best Frost DK Weapon.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I'm still gonna bet that Souldrinker is Role Restricted to Tanks even though it's the best Frost DK Weapon.
    Souldrinker- Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior

Your clear

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did more than that. They actually went in and gave each item class restrictions.

An overly clunky and resource-hogging system because people couldn't police their own ability to be a-holes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    FML I just ran Fall of Deathwing last night immediately after reset on my feral druid and a ret paladin won an agi trinket. I should've waited until tonight. Dammit. Oh well, it's just offspec gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Souldrinker- Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior

Your clear
    You misunderstand. Tanks will still get a Role Bonus on Tank Items, DPS will still get a Role Bonus on DPS Items. Souldrinker is considered a Tank Weapon, and only Tanks could win it even before this fix. Unless they changed it count as a DPS Item aswell, the I'll still have to wait for the Tanks to pass on it, because Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    You misunderstand. Tanks will still get a Role Bonus on Tank Items, DPS will still get a Role Bonus on DPS Items. Souldrinker is considered a Tank Weapon, and only Tanks could win it even before this fix. Unless they changed it count as a DPS Item aswell, the I'll still have to wait for the Tanks to pass on it, because Blizzard.
    If it's intended to be a tank weapon, then so be it. Tanks should have priority on it.
    Moo.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    If it's intended to be a tank weapon, then so be it. Tanks should have priority on it.
    True, but if is BiS for Frost DK's then they should have a fair chance no?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    True, but if is BiS for Frost DK's then they should have a fair chance no?
    If it was a guild handing out the weapon, tanks would have priority since it's intended to be a tank weapon. Just because EJ says "Oh hey, it's also BiS for a frost DK." doesn't change the fact of it's intended use. It's like spell power weapons being BiS for enhancement a patch or two ago, some freak itemization happens to have unintended results.
    Moo.

WOW, can they make this retroactive so i can get the polearm from madness that i lost the roll on to a DK.....(i was tanking on my feral druid and a DK won Kiril.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Exactly this. The fact people are failing to acknowledge is that Blizzard introduced a new system into the game and took feedback and made changes with a 2 week turnaround. Isn't this the service people have been claiming they want from Blizzard? Instead all I'm hearing is "hurr durr Blizzard should have done it already".
    As well, sometimes when you know there will be an issue with something that's workable but not optimal, you want to watch it play out for a bit so you can best determine all the things you need to move forward and make it better. Especially with new things.

They're well aware that this won't go away until they can design a loot system that's class/spec aware...something they simply don't have right now.

Deleted
    Hasn't been added to eu servers yet

Great job by Blizzard....if only they had done this on the ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled a 100/100 on an item earlier on LFR. Then I remembered I was healing it and the item was a dps item. I didn't get role bonus so I lost.

Oh, the sadness...

Indeed, And what about roles like prot palas, needing on str 2 handers, Ferals rolling on spellcasting gear? Twice i've lost that sword to some ninja...

People who play on the PTR aren't the same people who roll into LFR and roll need on a STR weapon on their AGI class.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    Hasn't been added to eu servers yet
    It will probably happen for us when servers go down in the morning for restarts. And I'm glad it's happening. Although maybe if Blizzard actually flagged stuff correctly in the first place... But hey, a fix is a fix. It's better late than never!

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    I was on the PTR and reported it more then 10 times and they said they were aware of the issue and thanked me for pointing it out. They just didn't care enough to fix it.
    Yes because unless they fix something IMMEDIATELY they don't care. It's not like they can simply go ok click click click and it's fixed anyone who has written code will tell you oftentimes one fix codes creates another error and you have to do workarounds to get a simple thing to work.