When will beta be released for this game.

Hey All,

Has there been any announcement yet when beta testing will be open for this game?

No announcement, i heard some time THIS year, maybe it was pushed back, not sure if i heard them say that as well.

But if i was t guess i would say 2-3 weeks after SWTOR comes out, swtors first end game content is very easy, and they are releasing some very hard stuff in about a month. The stuff coming out in a month sounds to be good stuff, on par or higher then wows raiding(speculation) , so GW2 beta will want to be out before that, while swtor has "bad" end game content, to take advantage of bored raiders and maybe get them to swtich.

Thats just how i think they will play it, as swtor is there main competitor in the next 5 or so years(assuming an wow falls off at the same speed). Now i have no idea if there even lineing up the beta to get some bored swtor players, but to me it seems like a valid plan, as it will be when swtor will be at its weakest

10+ Year Old Account
    ArenaNet has repeatedly said closed beta will be before the end of the year.
    Which doesn't leave them long...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    ArenaNet has repeatedly said closed beta will be before the end of the year.
    Which doesn't leave them long...
    Unless closed beta has already started and it's being kept sooper seekrit. :P

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    You did not just type that way.

OT:

It's been said by ArenaNet Officials that we "will see a closed beta by the end of the year".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    There's no way the general public could keep it secret, which means the only possibility is a friends and family test, which isn't really large enough to be a proper beta unless ArenaNet employees invite everyone they know, which takes us back to the first problem again.

The real question I'm wondering about is how long each beta phase will last. They've already been working on it for years, showed it at numerous conventions (all with great responses from players), and released a massive amount of articles regarding each system of the game. I'm curious as to whether each beta phase (open/closed) will last for about a month, or something more like 3. The only reason WoW's betas last so long is because they make progressively worse expansions that they don't spend enough time on, so 1/3 of initial game development is spent during beta phases. Since it was my first MMO, I've never experienced waiting for one which actually spent time perfecting it's mechanics before the beta was released.

"We will officially enter Closed Beta Testing this Friday. It will be marked with an increase in our pool of testers. To clarify, this phase of testing is still under NDA and is not open to the public.

Based on the feedback we get from our current Closed Beta Testing, we will determine the next phases of our beta program in which we will open beta access to more people."
    There is your answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There is your answer.
    Doozerjun's source is the reddit AMA btw. Direct link: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ssions/c381avo

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me how I sign up to be eligible for beta testing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    Can someone tell me how I sign up to be eligible for beta testing?
    No one knows yet.
    I'm sure ArenaNet wil be given the 3rd degree about it in the Guru chat soon.

Before/by the end of the year, and when it becomes available to the public you will see it posted on the official guild wars 2 website, all of this has been stated by ANet countless times. So you can expect close beta this month, not sure if they will start handing out keys yet. Keep checking guildwars2.com.

On Friday trollolololol.

The real question now is.... how long until they start accepting public applications.

Deleted
    I hope february for open beta.
    Would work with f2p aion, especially if it's true that ncsoft eu crew will work with EU GW2 support.
    1 month closed beta makes sense as well

As far as invites go, they'll probably restrict it to friends and family of Arena Net employees. That's how closed betas usually go anyway, they can't trust random strangers to keep gameplay videos off of youtube. I'm suspecting an open-invite beta will come around late february next year, but that's just a guess.

Also, as someone else said on a different thread, I imagine they will invite the Test Krewe of GW in for the closed beta as well.