Quote Originally Posted by ArctiKFox View Post
    It's not just you. I feel the same way too. I leveled a defiant to 42, then started a guardian & reached it to 50 & i enjoyed the guardian setting more. Simply because they have more of a "fantasy element" to them. I just love Silverwood & Sanctum.
    Wait, what? I could have sworn the Defiants had just as many non-human races and just as much access to caster callings as the Guardians. They're just less...blandly Tolkienian.

I saw a couple of posts on MMORPG.com talking about player housing being implemented. I headed to the RIFT forums and saw nothing regarding this.

Is there housing in the works?
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    I saw a couple of posts on MMORPG.com talking about player housing being implemented. I headed to the RIFT forums and saw nothing regarding this.

Is there housing in the works?
    It has been answered before. "If we do it we want to do it right" Our best guess is there is a new continent being added somewhere made for housing and there is a mystery interview with a phase that sounds like 2012

Personally I hope they don't add housing, all it does is distract resources away from generating content. If they could magically produce it from nowhere I'd have no problem with it, but the fact is implementing it will take away from the actual gameplay.
    I fail to see what housing will achieve that you can't already get from Meridian or Sanctum anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally killed the squid Akylios. It only took us two months to get this bad boy down. A 20 minute fight is really punishing on a raid group between disconnecting, stable raid group and focus of all raiders for the entire fight makes for a grueling and fun encounter.

Is Rift Ranks website up to date? How many guilds have killed the squid so far?

@Primalthirst I seen your grats in the recruitment thread, thanks. Suprised you know of our kill on a different shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Finally killed the squid Akylios. It only took us two months to get this bad boy down. A 20 minute fight is really punishing on a raid group between disconnecting, stable raid group and focus of all raiders for the entire fight makes for a grueling and fun encounter.

Is Rift Ranks website up to date? How many guilds have killed the squid so far?

@Primalthirst I seen your grats in the recruitment thread, thanks. Suprised you know of our kill on a different shard.
    Big time grats. Akylios is serious business and a real challenge to guilds. You can e-mail them, but I am unsure if they are actually updating the site. Worst comes to worse make a thread on the official forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You can e-mail them, but I am unsure if they are actually updating the site.
    I see kills as recent as a couple weeks ago, seems they are still in business. If their site is accurate you are the 9th guild to kill Akylios Azuri, so grats

One thing I'm wondering is how strict are people on the way you spec when it comes to raids and experts? More specifically, can I play around with certain builds that aren't listed on some website, and what's the disparity in damage done compared to the top ones?

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    One thing I'm wondering is how strict are people on the way you spec when it comes to raids and experts? More specifically, can I play around with certain builds that aren't listed on some website, and what's the disparity in damage done compared to the top ones?
    In any guild progressing in HK there are usually 2-3 builds that are competitive DPS wise. There is some flexibility but not a lot if you want to kick out top DPS, and with the difficulty of the fights you need to be putting out top DPS. A good example of the builds available for mages is available at bluedots.org's Endgame Mage PvE Guide, this should give you an idea of what is available for one of the classes.

Pre-HK it's more flexible as the DPS requirements are a fair bit lower and again there are a handful more specs that will perform well. Some specs are better than others depending on the fight (adds, single target, movement, boss availability etc).

Pre raiding you can spec how you like. The difference in DPS will vary widely depending on what you take but most specs are viable for pre raid content (as long as you aren't deliberately speccing like a moron).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I see kills as recent as a couple weeks ago, seems they are still in business. If their site is accurate you are the 9th guild to kill Akylios Azuri, so grats
    I can assume he is from Fracture, making them..World 20th or 19th, doesnt matter at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I can assume he is from Fracture, making them..World 20th or 19th, doesnt matter at this point.
    Yeah Fracture, is there a up to date progression site? It looks like Rift ranks no longer updates from what I can tell.

You guys were World 19th to my knowledge.
    There was a post on Official Forums when you guys killed it and someone from Rift Runners put up a list where he'd been keeping track since Riftranks died ages ago.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...e-akylios.html
    I've been unable to raid since early November due to work, but my guild is on Phase 3 at the moment, I'll be back soon to whip them into shape!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    You guys were World 19th to my knowledge.
    There was a post on Official Forums when you guys killed it and someone from Rift Runners put up a list where he'd been keeping track since Riftranks died ages ago.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...e-akylios.html
    I've been unable to raid since early November due to work, but my guild is on Phase 3 at the moment, I'll be back soon to whip them into shape!
    Ah OK thanks, I tend to avoid any official forums for any games. They just tend to be cesspools of whinners. Phase 4 is when the fun starts. Good luck.

Official Forums are awesome, I guess it mightn't matter for healers so much since the specs haven't changed too much but for Mage DPS they're invaluable given how complex the rotations can be and how large changes are between patches.
    I just tell the whiners to L2play, I sat in silence while Mages were fairly useless at everything for a few patches and Trion fixed it, quite nicely too I might add.
    The only thing that gets on my nerves are the 'OMG Rift is going to die if Trion don't fix it!!!!1!111!' threads which then say something like 'I play 3 hours a month why don't I get full BiS gear, I pay as much as hardcore, elitist raiders?? If you don't fix this everyone will quit your game!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Finally killed the squid Akylios. It only took us two months to get this bad boy down
    Awesome news Azuri, well done

Now you get to slack, put on your Hugh Heffner dressing gown and wave your glow stick in the air

10+ Year Old Account
    gratz azuri .. some serious stuff there .. we've put in 24hrs worth of pulls on him ( 3 weeks 8hrs) are now making steady progression on phase 3 in to phase 4.

Can't wait to eat him for lunch... my youtube hasn't had a hk progression kill in sometime.