Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post

Also, the new 1.1 things like traps, mineshafts, and statues make early-game exploration underground a lot more interesting.
    Ohh, that reminds me, I hate traps when just starting out. Walking around in a half-dark cave looking for pots, jump down to a ledge, land on a trap, get shot, fly off edge to my death.

stupid traps >
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing it again, and i was wondering... what kind of server do u guys play on...??? Small Medium or Large...
    Because i used to play in a larger world, it was very difficult to find ores, now that i started playing on a smaller one, i can easilly find GOLD just a few blocks underground...

I need more ideas for traps/puzzles for an adventure map I'm doing.

Stuff I've come up with thus far:

-Timed platforms over spikes/lava.
    -Boulder drops
    -Dart traps
    -Monster spawning (usually with pressure plates)
    -Mazes, usually with other traps

That's all I've got so far, and it's a lot to work with. However, any new-ish things would be appreciated.
    -Dart traps

10+ Year Old Account
    make like a small maze type room where you have to jump carefully over spikes, but rig the lights to go off and on with like a 3 second timer so you can't just go rushing through. /shrug :P

but then again, if the person going through has torches, or any light source for that matter, then it wouldn't work out too well...

There's not too much more you can do at this point :\

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    make like a small maze type room where you have to jump carefully over spikes, but rig the lights to go off and on with like a 3 second timer so you can't just go rushing through. /shrug :P

but then again, if the person going through has torches, or any light source for that matter, then it wouldn't work out too well...

There's not too much more you can do at this point :\
    I've thought of tons of way to use lighting, and they definitely won't have torches/lighted weapons. I think I can hopefully make it pretty diverse. It helps that there's a ton of options for items to give people.

The lighting changes are surprisingly what inspired me to make the theme of the map. I absolutely love them. If Redigit ever implements separate wire layers, a spawner for every monster and triggerable spike traps, I think I'd never stop designing.

Oh and one more trap I forgot! Explosives! Not sure how I'll use them, but I want to somewhere.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-12-14 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    use dungeon bricks for explosives since they can't be blown up, not sure about the background walls though unless you do it underground. And multiple wire layers would be sex and I'm surprised they shipped 1.1 with only one kind

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I don't think it breaks dungeon walls either. I hope not. I pondered having players run away from rooms that were literally exploding beneath them, but it seems a bit unpredictable. And then I thought of using it to collapse sand with the players on top, and it became awesome again. Sand, for whatever reason, doesn't fall through active blocks, which disappointed me a lot.

Just put water candle lighting in the first section I made, along with a few red torches, and it's looking fantastic so far:

Still needs furnished/trapped, but I was really excited to see how it looked.

I'm hoping that 1.1.1 brings at least a few non-Winter things for me to mess around with

10+ Year Old Account
    looks nice. I remember having a Zelda map someone had made that had dungeons in it and whatnot. Obviously wasn't as good as an actual Zelda game, but I had fun with the first two or three before I got distracted by my own stuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I think I actually finished Terraria tonight. It did take me a while though. I love this game.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Heh, haven't played Terraria in a little while now.

Last thing I did was screw around with those gravity potions, and learn what a Wyvern was. What a nice day that was.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this has certainly been a while! I just started playing again after I heard the news of Red doing another update. It's apparently supposed to come out in a month or so.
    To make my next few playthroughs more interesting, I limited myself to only one class of weapons (melee, ranged, magic). My magic character is really hard to get started on, seeing as I need to go to the end of the map, find a Water Bolt, and then farm stars to get a good base, but it'll all be worth it in the end.

Also included a picture that Red teased us with. You can find them all on here.

Edit: Removed the picture and replaced it with a LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Update is next month?

Like, early next month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Update is next month?

Like, early next month?
    Don't know exactly (I think it's at the end), but I DO know that this update is supposedly larger than 1.1!

Edit: Yrimir posted a video that I thought I'd share with you all.

My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I need more ideas for traps/puzzles for an adventure map I'm doing.

Stuff I've come up with thus far:

-Timed platforms over spikes/lava.
    -Boulder drops
    -Dart traps
    -Monster spawning (usually with pressure plates)
    -Mazes, usually with other traps

That's all I've got so far, and it's a lot to work with. However, any new-ish things would be appreciated.
    -Dart traps
    Light switch that turns on a light, but also has a pressure plate beneath it which opens a door to a Lava Fall!

With puzzles, I always like to try to give players options. If you want light, you get to deal with Lava, if you want to drain water, you have to deal with falling sand. Things of these sorts. Make the player decide how they want to deal with the puzzles.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2013-04-23 at 09:24 PM.

Got this for Xbox. LOVE It.

Only problem: on Xbox, if you do a coop session, if goblins attack, blood moon or ANY boss, it can crash all the player's game. You can crash also for any other reasons ;;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Got this for Xbox. LOVE It.

Only problem: on Xbox, if you do a coop session, if goblins attack, blood moon or ANY boss, it can crash all the player's game. You can crash also for any other reasons ;;
    Really? That sucks! I knew it had some rough spots, but that must be really annoying!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got to the Underworld!!

Went through the Dungeon to get the Blue Shield so I didn't have to deal with getting knocked back into Lava. Only have just gotten to the Underworld, sorta by accident. I was blasting around the outside of the dungeon walls in hopes to find a way into an area which I can not reach. It was a failed venture except with the pleasant results of getting to the Underworld.

Got myself the Shadow Key and am totally ready to battle/harvest the crap out of that place.

Question for anyone who can answer it. Have you ever run across an area in the dungeon which is inaccessible? There is a path blocked by Dungeon wall. Has anyone found switches or anything which will open a wall? Not just a door, but an actual wall. See figure below to see what I mean (edited it out since I cant figure out how to make a text diagram with this text editor....)

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 09:46 PM ----------

Actually just got my answer else where. It is definitely a bug which will be resolved in a later patch. I guess for the meantime i'll have to wait to see what that last golden chest has in it. Oh wells, I have all of the Underworld to harvest!!! Time to get me some hellstone bricks and get my next suit of armor made!
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2013-05-02 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Question for anyone who can answer it. Have you ever run across an area in the dungeon which is inaccessible? There is a path blocked by Dungeon wall. Has anyone found switches or anything which will open a wall? Not just a door, but an actual wall.
    Tried digging through it? Everything from nightmare pickaxe up can punch through dungeon walls..

Deleted
    Im thinking about buying the game. I was close to do it when it came out and been thinking about it from time to time. I didnt actually know they did patch it so thats cool.

Btw are there public games you can join and play with others easy?

This thread isn't very active.

Well, big news! It looks like Terraria patch 1.2 is officially coming out October 1st for PC! Can't wait!

Source:
    Source #1
    Source #2