Page 60 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Are you serious or just trolling?

1. As said, 10s mean nothing. ANYONE can heal 10s. Every log will be different for 10s. Every single person in a 10 composition can change how the healers heal. 10s mean nothing when talking about who is good and who isn't.

2. You are claiming holy priests suck on this fight with 3 10 logs with no priests. Do you have eyes?

Lashing out at people when making ridiculous posts will just get you banned. Instead of telling people 'to read' you may want to reread the whole conversation yourself.

I would have said the same thing as a moderator or a poster with one post. It had nothing to do with anything. I'm going to show 3 10 man logs with one pally healing it alone and claim pallys hps is just way too high!!

Also, how many holy priests are in this. How many resto druids? youtube.com/watch?v=qNtVvae-18w
    Hi.

Not talking about 25man. Don't care about 25man, they're not worth the effort to me (I was a long term 40/25man raider untill 4.2)

us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=cleotaurus

Armory is hard to use? I was replying in direct response to one person.

I'm sorry that you're not able to use the tools the internet provides to you, and that is truly a shame.

worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Yor'sahj_the_Unsleeping/10H/Holy_Priest/

Hardly any holy priests. You see that right?

worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Yor'sahj_the_Unsleeping/10H/Restoration_Druid/

A rather large number of resto druids, which again I hope you can see.

Now, if you re-read carefully what I have said, (And quoted from the original post of mine) you will see that he states that a RESTORATION DRUID on _HEROIC_ Yorsahj is "_NOT POSSIBLE_" (impossible)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranii View Post
    Now, if you re-read carefully what I have said, (And quoted from the original post of mine) you will see that he states that a RESTORATION DRUID on _HEROIC_ Yorsahj is "_NOT POSSIBLE_" (impossible)
    Let's see the exact quote then:

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Only made it to the second heroic fight before being sat as a resto druid. Heroic yorshoj really demonstrates blizzards failure to anticipate how the druid nerfs will affect them in heroic modes. Druids are by far the worst healers on this fight, and if later heroic modes generally follow this trend then druids will not be brought for progression on anything.
    Hmm. Yeah, he definately says it's impossible (or "_NOT POSSIBLE_", as you quoted) - oh wait, he doesn't. If we had a Priest, I'd grab my coat and let him have my spot, instead of me weighing down our raid.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-12-10 at 10:24 AM.

Hi.

Not talking about 25man. Don't care about 25man, they're not worth the effort to me (I was a long term 40/25man raider untill 4.2)

I'm sorry that you're not able to use the tools the internet provides to you, and that is truly a shame.

worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Yor'sahj_the_Unsleeping/10H/Holy_Priest/

worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Yor'sahj_the_Unsleeping/10H/Restoration_Druid/

If all you care about is 10 man, then kindly get out. Myrrar raids 25 man mainly, and so does most other people that want's to reap the "real" glory - as she said, *ANYONE* can heal a 10 man heroic and be good at it. 10 Man is the laughing stock of the raids, and it has been since the only hard fight (Sinestra) got nerfed to not apply wrack to tanks anymore - if you don't want to face that, so be it. But getting mad at Myrrar because she raids 25 and thus speaks about 25 rather than 10 is just stupid.
    <---- rerolled resto druid because 1x priest ragequit the other night, leaving us with 5 total healers. Yay for 2x pally 2x druid 1x shammy 1x priest setups!

As for on-topic - currently progressing on Zon'ozz heroic25 (had an evening of wipes so far), and it actually seems that the resto druids are doing quite fine there luckily - atleast things dies less often when we are on it, compared to the shamans/pallys (had to bring an alt shaman in due to DC from our priest).
    The question is though, I've only ever been healing alt runs (which by the time we started doing for real, had been nerfed) - I'm finding myself running with a very big "regen" build to be able to spam infinitelly - 2.6k spirit, Jaws HC and Fall of mortality atm (armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...einda/advanced) - due to the way the fights are designed (alot of dmg coming in, basicly), would it be better to heal more "efficient" rather than just trying to soak up all the damage? Or is this a viable strategy for a druid? I know that our paladin healer have gone for as much regen as he could get to support progress spam, but on the other hand, their spells costs a shitton, while druids have always been able to "do well" with less - I was using alysrazor+domo HC trinkets with 1.7k spirit up till DS, just farming FL25 hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.

As said before, if you talk about balance with 10 mans you have no idea what you are doing. 10 mans don't show balance for any class. It has nothing to do with it being hard or easy, balance around 2 healers and a very few dps is not real balance. His armory has nothing to do with the conversation.....yet again.

He also says nothing about it being impossible as a druid. Again, why are you telling people to reread things when you haven't even read it yourself?

You keep making really random comments and just insulting people behind them. Normally having to result to that means you know yourself you have no idea what you are talking about. =]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    10 Man is the laughing stock of the raids
    This thread isnt about 25 mans. And nice bashing to 10mans. i guess mods can be condescending and completely unreasonable in here.

And yes, i prefer 10mans over 25. this isnt the place to state my reasons as to why, ill just say that this is a resto druid guide. not a 25 resto druid guide.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
    This thread isnt about 25 mans. And nice bashing to 10mans. i guess mods can be condescending and completely unreasonable in here.

And yes, i prefer 10mans over 25. this isnt the place to state my reasons as to why, ill just say that this is a resto druid guide. not a 25 resto druid guide.

Cheers
    Last I heard having a "moderator" title doesn't mean I have to suck up to everyone because they're hurt that I have my opinion and they have theirs. Also, I only moderate the hunter forum - I don't claim to be especially skilled at druid or anything. Hence my question above.
    And if you'd care to look into the conversation you're commenting on, except for just that snip of my response that seems to offend you, you would see that the discussion is regarding Resto druid vs other healers balance in 25 man. It goes both ways - this thread isn't about 10 mans, its about 25 mans too, and telling us that resto druids are "fine" in a 10 man enviroment where literally any two healers can get together and have fun times due to the "balance" regarding 10's is just... Dumb. I mean, You've seen people use 2x paladins to heal stuff before, or 2x druids even, in 10 mans. Have you ever seen 5-6 druids or 5-6 paladins (I bet they could do it now, I guess)?
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2011-12-11 at 06:17 PM.

Only reasons 10's don't matter atm is cause 10's are WAY undertuned and are subject to missing key buffs... so in a statistical pull 25's will yield more accurate results... if they were TUNED correctly... our same old issues would come into play... lack of mitigation CD... lack of burst healing... while pappies and shamans get both and priests get a better / comparable version of our tranquility.
    Its not because 10's are not important IMO... its because last tier and this 1 they sent the message 10's aren't important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt anyone thinks 10s are unimportant. It's just balance between 10 people and 25 people that is the problem. Even on overtuned fights for 10s you could take any 2-3 healers. The same can't be said for 25s. In 10s you can really only cut down to 2 healers in 10, that's either what it was, or 2/3 of the healers on it's normal version. DPS plateau are normally a lot lower because of this. There are also 1000 other reasons, but that's really the main.

In 25s you'll see on a lot of HM fights them cutting even more healers, a lot more than 1/3 of them, to be able to complete a fight. With that means the healers that are kept can't just be anything. On world 1st fights priest/pally CDs have been the difference between clearing a fight and not. In 10s, you just don't have that problem. After you have the CDs you need they choose who brings the best next things. Who fills in the gaps the others miss. In the past druids hps > shamans. Now, shamans hps is fine + they have a CD. This is where you see balance come in. Even when cutting down healers isn't an option, it's because too much raid dmg is going out. And the same balance issues end up happening.

I have hardcore raided 40s and 25s since release, and 10s also now for many years. It's not about difficulty, it's about a lot of other things.

I seem to have trouble with healing on my rdruid in 4.3. My gear has been upgraded too. Atm doing twilight dungeons and keeping the tank up through heavy damage is near impossible for me. Seems the only change is WG but that is irrelevant in this case.

Is it in all 3 of the 5mans or just a specific 1... a couple trash packs in Well of Eternity are able to REALLY crush a tank regardless of gear... trash for obsidian dragonshire's trash is also like that sometimes. Tyrande's trash doesn't HIT HARD... but it builds up if u have over eager tanks.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 09:56 PM ----------

In general... unless u wanna give me examples... its pretty much a tank error problem instead of a healing problem

Oh well they all do really hit hard actually. Example well like the one you said and also another one would be hour of twilight too. I mean, it could be me not really sure i can heal them in my pally and priest but huge trouble on druid.

My first healer was rdruid its the one i have most experience with. I try to make sure the mastery stays active all times but its still wont hold and regrowth spam, well, doesnt heal much.

The tanks health goes back and forth back and forth and eventually dies xD i can hold the tanks in treeform but yeah, i cant be tree every pull.

Oh well it might be me i probably need more time before i throw in the towel yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Oh well they all do really hit hard actually. Example well like the one you said and also another one would be hour of twilight too. I mean, it could be me not really sure i can heal them in my pally and priest but huge trouble on druid.

My first healer was rdruid its the one i have most experience with. I try to make sure the mastery stays active all times but its still wont hold and regrowth spam, well, doesnt heal much.

The tanks health goes back and forth back and forth and eventually dies xD i can hold the tanks in treeform but yeah, i cant be tree every pull.

Oh well it might be me i probably need more time before i throw in the towel yet.
    Well, what I'm saying is u healing as a Druid could not even be the problem. It seems in the 5mans there are mechanics that make tanks take STUPID damage... if done incorrectly. I'm going to say ur having bad luck with tanks on ur Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I doubt anyone thinks 10s are unimportant. It's just balance between 10 people and 25 people that is the problem. Even on overtuned fights for 10s you could take any 2-3 healers. The same can't be said for 25s. In 10s you can really only cut down to 2 healers in 10, that's either what it was, or 2/3 of the healers on it's normal version. DPS plateau are normally a lot lower because of this. There are also 1000 other reasons, but that's really the main.

In 25s you'll see on a lot of HM fights them cutting even more healers, a lot more than 1/3 of them, to be able to complete a fight. With that means the healers that are kept can't just be anything. On world 1st fights priest/pally CDs have been the difference between clearing a fight and not. In 10s, you just don't have that problem. After you have the CDs you need they choose who brings the best next things. Who fills in the gaps the others miss. In the past druids hps > shamans. Now, shamans hps is fine + they have a CD. This is where you see balance come in. Even when cutting down healers isn't an option, it's because too much raid dmg is going out. And the same balance issues end up happening.

I have hardcore raided 40s and 25s since release, and 10s also now for many years. It's not about difficulty, it's about a lot of other things.
    I think the main difference concerning Druid balance in 10s and 25s is that damage reduction CDs, especially AoE ones, are simply that much stronger in 25s compared to simple capped heal output CDs like Druids only have.
    E.g. in 10s, tranquility is a pretty godly raid CD, in 25s it even pales in comparison to low CD CDs like aura mastery.

I also feel that RDruids are suffering from their convenience role right now. They're really strong in unorganized raids but easily get outshined once other healers can make use of their short-range and cast-time AoE heals.
    Last edited by GT4; 2011-12-13 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Well, what I'm saying is u healing as a Druid could not even be the problem. It seems in the 5mans there are mechanics that make tanks take STUPID damage... if done incorrectly. I'm going to say ur having bad luck with tanks on ur Druid.
    So it seems !

I asked a guildie to tank for me and it went rather smooth. I guess not everyones used to it yet.

Glad I could help keep ur Druid from retirement :-D

Deleted
    Quick question: has anyone tested this on Yor'shaj: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3114351841

I mean, it did work in Hyjal with the mana drain boss so...

Deleted
    Tested it last week, it drained my mana while I was in cat form. :/ It didn't however to our feral druid when he switched out of form.

Same, I tested it and I was stuck in cat form bc I didn't have any mana to switch out of it. LOL

So I'm a bit of a stand still right now... I know spirit is only good to a degree then mastery takes over... Over the past 2 weeks, I raided with [a spirit 'build'] and [a mastery 'build'] and found that i put out more with spirit instead of mastery. Yes I know it allows me to cast more often because of the regen but that was without mana talents also... So, once again I'm kinda at a stand still to what I should invest my points into and out of...

Still cant put in links -______- Go figure, but my toon is Sushî (140) on Destromath US.

Also: Be harsh on my gear I would like to know what I can improve on (Have 4pT12H [Minus helm] and working on 2pT13[Non raid-finder]

Deleted
    I read this thread a few days ago and they talked a bit about if Furor and dropping spirit, or Genesis and keeping spirit was the better option.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sible-increase

The OP in that thread came to the conclusion that in his case (saying his case because this may vary) reforging away from spirit and keeping Furor was better. Have a look at some spreadsheet, that will give you the best answer.

About your gear, not much I can comment on really, except that I'd replace 2 of your purple gems for +40 int (shoulders and gloves). Personally I prefer Lavawalker over a pure mastery/haste enchant on boots.

Do you raid 10 or 25s? If you raid 10's, I'd suggest removing glyph of WG, especially if you're going to try Morchok heroic soon. If your raid splits in 2 groups for each boss, you'll be out of range for that 6th person most of the time (if not all the time).

Oh, almost forgot. According to some tests one of the druids in Paragon did, it's not worth to replace your T12 4 set (all 391 pieces) until you get several T13 heroic pieces (I don't remember if he said 3 or 4). So I'd hold on to the 4 set.
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2011-12-18 at 02:23 AM.