Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool The Zombie Apocalypse Forum Survival Game

Its day one of the Zombie Apocalypse. All we know, is that somehow, our apartment building hasn't been infected yet. Were all each living on the same floor, with multiple halls, on the 2nd story of our 3 story building. Our exits are currently barricaded with furniture, and our fire escapes have the ladders retracted up safely. We live in a slightly rural part of Georgia, in a small town of roughly 6k. No one in the apartment owns an automatic weapon, but does has access to their reasonable amount (if any) of guns (12 guage, AR-15, 9mm Handguns, etc).

The power is still on but flickering on and off every 30 minutes or so, the radio stations and tv stations are broad casting emergency coverage of the slaughter. Martial law has besieged our medium town block. No one lives on the third floor. Its comprised of a small Gym, a wash room, and various building storage / maint rooms and closets.

The goal is simple. Survive. Protect your neighbor, protect the building, or look out for you and you alone. The choice is yours. What is your apt door number? A 1-9, B 1-9, or C 1-9? Are any other forum members living with you? What are your plans? Leave your comments, with a short paragraph on what you do. Keep your responses relatively simple though, as the more complex your actions are, the harder it is to keep things fluid.
    You provide the story, I provide the direction and plot twists. Now go slay some undead!

This is an evolving story, not a 1 liner "what would you do if" type deal.

We are now on day 2, see post #86, page 5 for details
    Last edited by Orodoth; 2011-12-20 at 10:06 PM.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I jump out of the window with my children that i don't actually have, realising that the life of a zombie would at least be exciting when you've got no cerebral cortex to speak of. Even if i get shot down, i'll be happier than living in terror after a life of boredom, and if i don't get shot down, at least i'll be part of a crowd and feel like i'm somebody.

Yep, i'm gonna be the everday guy who messes up the zombie apocalypse for everyone
    wow, we get a nemesis in the first post? woot!

You immediately attract a crowd of zombies, your children are lost from view. As you struggle purely due to your fight or flight response, you manage to escape long enough to find cover. But you've been bitten, several times. You can no longer hear the cries of agony from your young.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

i would first kill Synthaxx (to save us all)

and then i will raid nearby stores for supplies and Guns

Jordan "JordanXlord" Ellzey, SWTOR Beta Tester, Youtube Gaming Commentator (www.youtube.com/jordanxlord)

and Maker of the Varian Statue Comic http://eu.media5.battle.net/cms/gall...6051942976.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanXlord View Post
    i would first kill Synthaxx (to save us all)

and then i will raid nearby stores for supplies and Guns
    You currently have no clue about the wereabouts of synthaxxx, only that you could hear screams from outside for a short bit (It has been relatively quiet, what with everyone hunkering down.) In order to raid nearby stores, will you be going it alone? forming a party of other forum members? Could you aquire a weapon from someone temporarily as you make your selfless pilgrimage?

Skelington would flee in his zeppelin. Then he would realize that he doesn't actually own one, so he will construct one. Then after he wakes from unconsciousness from crashing his Lego-bedsheet-zeppelin in the woods, he shall live in a cave among the bears until the zombies leave. Or until they find him and eat him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would grab any weapon I could find(if there are none I'll use my fists), get some food, leave and kick some zombie butt.

I'm pretty sure I'd slowly go insane and hide in my apartment.

I would try get a group together to form a plan.
    set up some defense (traps etc.)
    find out where the nearest shop and go raid it together to get food etc.
    slowy but surely kill of the zombie crowds
    and let everyone keep keep a close look on everyone in case someone does something stupid.. =P
    Last edited by manofmagic; 2011-12-18 at 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington would flee in his zeppelin. Then he would realize that he doesn't actually own one, so he will construct one. Then after he wakes from unconsciousness from crashing his Lego-bedsheet-zeppelin in the woods, he shall live in a cave among the bears until the zombies leave. Or until they find him and eat him.
    the nearest woods are aprox 8 miles. should you choose the fly your Lego-bedsheet-zeppelin from the roof, there is a good chance you'll land smack in the middle of the crowd of zombies eating Synthaxxx's children

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlich View Post
    I would grab any weapon I could find(if there are none I'll use my fists), get some food, leave and kick some zombie butt.

JordanXlord is planning the same thing, will you be joining him?

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'd slowly go insane and hide in my apartment.
    commence the countdown

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by manofmagic View Post
    I would try get a group together to form a plan.
    set up some defense (traps etc.)
    find up where the nearest shop and go raid it together to get food etc.
    slowy but surely kill of the zombie crowds
    and let everyone keep keep a close look on everyone in case someone does something stupid.. =P
    2 others are also interested in leaving the relative safety of the building, and venturing out to find food and supplies.
    Last edited by Orodoth; 2011-12-18 at 03:15 AM.

hmm what i would do is i would grab a baseball bat or anything that would be good against zombies and try and escape the town alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Count me in! Skelington and his army of bears look like they'll put up a decent diversion long enough for me to barricade the interior of the cave, and make my own underground tunnel system.

Don't bother asking what I'm doing in a cave full of bears in the first place.......

OT: Epic thread btw.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-12-18 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Spell Edit

Deleted
    I am the mysterious and not so neighbourly, but still friendly resident of appartment C-4 and since i seem to have a bit of food in my fridge that will probably last a day or three, I will take to the roof with my trusty hunting rifle "Betsy" and proceed to survey the surroudings from there using one of my scopes.

Deleted
    Countryside = high ground with wooded area to build defences.

City = Tall building preferably with good supplies that can access surrounded buildings. Barricade it and scavenge.

I begin by covering windows with blankets or boards and recommend others do the same. Keeping our light levels low at night will reduce the number of walkers we attract. I also suggest we catalog all the supplies we do have. We should stockpile all the water we can for as long as the water remains running. Fill tubs, sinks and any containers we can find.

Do any of us have a garden? If not we should consider making one on the roof if we can get the supplies and if we are stuck for the long haul. I recomend setting up a patrol on the roof just to keep an eye on the mass's movements. maybe the guy with betsy can take first watch. We should also keep an eye on our barricades and work to make sure they stay secure. But do so silently to avoid more attention.

I excessive regularly and suggest the other start as well just in case we need to move locations. hate to get a cramp when your on the run. If the sewer system fails lets designate a side of the building we can do our business off the roof. Its good to keep as little an area as possible for our human waste. Since that breeds infection all by itself. I suggest everyone put together a supply pack to be ready in case we do have to go and go fast.

Lets organize a group first to head down to the first floor and carefully collect any and all supplies to bring up to our floor. lets keep the tvs and radio low, we dont want the soundto attract more walkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Step 1 is to learn the plans of everybody on the floor. Step 2 evaluate the zombies by asking people what they have seen of the creatures. Step 3 is to search the apartment for anything of use that wont weigh me down to much.

Step 4 is to map out the whole apartment building to find any other viable exits. Step 5 is to begin to evaluate my apartment dwelling in its own by seeing how far I can spread out my food and fasten a few weapons (baseball bat is my favorite). Step 6 is to make an emergeny bag in case I have to leave right away.

Step 7 is to raid the apartments of the people that have died. Step 8 prepare myself to stay in the apartment for as long as possible and try to wait until the horde of zombies thin out in the area from people leaving and killing themselves. Step 9 is to get stuff where it can easily block the door (bookcase would be great) and make sure that my windows will block stuff like my light going outside so its less of a beacon for walkers.

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 10:20 PM ----------

Necrotan goes to check their apartment to find a letter has been slid under the door. It read "Necrotan I have been watching the people of the apartment and have realized that we think a lot alike and would like to form friendship with you. I think that with our ideas and survival instincts we will be able to keep more of the people here alive than we ever can seperate. What do you say? I would love to see our fellow people make it through this nightmare and hope to have a meeting with you on the subject soon. - Noden in B3"
    Last edited by Noden; 2011-12-18 at 04:00 AM.

I'm the guy who lives in B-8 and only goes out at night. I have a large stockpile of canned food, a total of eight firearms, over one hundred pounds of ammunition, a small amount of various home-made explosives and materials and knowledge to make more; I also have extensive survival training, along with the ability to fly a helicopter. I've only encountered another resident once, and it was a brief conversation about some recently passed law. I'm wearing cargo jeans, boots, a light long-sleeve shirt, leather trench coat, and have a mask that covers my entire head.

I first toss several explosives out my window into a crowd of zombies. I then consider going down into the basement to try to get the back-up generator working, but decide that I shouldn't do it alone. Unwilling to contact any fellow residence besides the now missing Skelington, I simply post several fliers asking people to come see me if they'd like to assist me.

Edit: Is killing each other prohibited? Because if not, I might go crazy and try to put everyone out of their misery with my weapons and explosives
    Last edited by ghostkitteh; 2011-12-18 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post

JordanXlord is planning the same thing, will you be joining him?[COLOR="red"]
    As long as he does his share.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alski waits for the cover of darkness in his own barricade apartment, Studying the zombies from his window on the second floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    Alski waits for the cover of darkness in his own barricade apartment, Studying the zombies from his window on the second floor.
    Gonna be tough considering an earth quake just hit your apartment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in B-7 but I went on vacation a few days before the zombie apoc happened and went somewhere that hasn't been affected yet. I heard about it and I ain't coming back :P. The guy in B-8 is a good friend of mine however and I left him the key to look after my vicious attack dogs and my vast stash of emergency supplies(canned food, water, ammunition, you name it, it's there). It's up to him to share it with y'all :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.