Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Herald of the Titans /flex

Alright, the title was to brag a bit.
    But to the question(s). Have you done it? When did you do it? And did you find it hard?

We finally did it last night. Had a couple of weeks to gear up as much as we could. We killed him at the 15th try or so with alot of "learning-the-fight"-wipes. We had 2 or so dps that was undergeared, so the healers had to work a bit.

Discuss!

(http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ementis/simple armory if you're interested).

Don't you think you're a little late.... like, 2 expansions late?

Still, it's a great title to wear but nothing to come onto MMO-Champion for and brag about. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Don't you think you're a little late.... like, 2 expansions late?
    You still have to do it at level 80 with the proper itemlevel, wich makes it a bit harder.

And im not 100% bragging :c I want to know other peoples opinions about it, since I didnt find it THAT hard.
    Last edited by mmoc124d4cbc78; 2011-12-17 at 04:50 PM.

We 2shot it a couple of months ago.. its so faceroll with the new cata talents.

Grrrr.. I still want to shoot myself in the foot for not getting this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Alright, the title was to brag a bit.
    But to the question(s). Have you done it? When did you do it? And did you find it hard?

We finally did it last night. Had a couple of weeks to gear up as much as we could. We killed him at the 15th try or so with alot of "learning-the-fight"-wipes. We had 2 or so dps that was undergeared, so the healers had to work a bit.

Discuss!

(http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ementis/simple armory if you're interested).
    That title is as prestigious as Kingslayer after all the players zerged it with the stat buffs prior to the Shattering.

lol i love how he wants people to discuss this and everyone is flaming the OP..it still takes some talent because you cant exceed a certain gear level and still need to be 80..but i guess ill join? OP seriously i did this with a group of level 60s and we one shot it..noooooooooob /scissor

I've done it three times now, Once in Wotlk on my main and twice on 2 alts i leveled up in Cataclysm, the difficulty of the fight is really easy imo (i healed it in wotlk as a h pally, healed it in catac as disc priest and dpsed as an arcane mage), atleasy compared to how it was back in wotlk . It took us about 15 tries the last time we did it since we kinda thought it was really easy compared to the last time where we had full bis etc, but yea, took us about 6 tries in wotlk, 1 shotted it in catac (with bis gear for it and then finally it took us about 10 tries the last time with poor gear.

9 manned it before 4.0 changes

i think we only wiped once

Deleted
    wish i did it before i started lvling in cata , but i completly forgot about it. and now i cant do it anymore QQ

yeah i got it when it was hard at lvl 80 pre 4.0, nothing much anymore would rather have got argent defender but heh

Quote Originally Posted by Oragan View Post
    yeah i got it when it was hard at lvl 80 pre 4.0, nothing much anymore would rather have got argent defender but heh
    The hardest part was farming all the gear, Algalon himself was very easy so wouldnt say "I got it when it was hard".

Congrats on the title ... by far one of the coolest ones in the game.

I cant comment on its current difficulty, but when my group accomplished this back when it was current content, we found that the biggest difficulty was dealing with the time limit of 1 hour per week of attempts that we were allocated. There was a lot of learning on the fly and quick tweaking that had to be made to maximize our time. Nonetheless, killing an end game boss in its current ilevel gear is something to be proud of!
    Last edited by Jobie; 2011-12-17 at 08:25 PM.

You still have to do it at level 80 with the proper itemlevel, wich makes it a bit harder.

And im not 100% bragging :c I want to know other peoples opinions about it, since I didnt find it THAT hard.

It was a lot harder before you could also use some of the then-"new" 5-man dungeon gear, and with the talents/talent trees as they existed at that time.

Still a pretty sweet achievement and well done, but it was a bit harder at the time than it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    wish i did it before i started lvling in cata , but i completly forgot about it. and now i cant do it anymore QQ
    I feel the same

Grats OP!! That's one helluva title and certainly requires effort to gather all the proper gear for it.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ye it's hard when there is no timer from 60 minutes and you only have 1h to do it per lockout.
    It was more fun doing it in WOTLK and gathering all the gear during ICC; gave something to do; but now it's face roll; even with heirlooms and better enchants and gems.

But with Cata talents which i'm pretty sure lead you to do far more dps etc even though you are in the appropriate gear levels and character level. It's not hard at all. The hard bit these days is find enough people with the gear to do it.

Deleted
    Did it when Ulduar was the current tier of raiding.

I havent done it, so its too late. Kinda shame, only got Champion of Ulduar and the Undying from thos achievements.
    And who cares bout alts, cba to grind ulduar for a weeks to get the title on my alt.

The hard part for me wasn't finding the gear. I had saved everything I needed cause I knew I wanted to do it. Too bad my guildies don't have the same foresight (Luckily they gained some in TOTCG for Argent Defender, though if you weren't in the first run you didn't get it cause many of them sold their gear right after lol). Ergo, the hard part was finding a group to go with. I finally found one right around 4.0 made up of people in the same situation.