Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This damn wait is killing me.
    Play D2+LoD again. Didn't help. Played BF3, didn't help. Played Skyrim, didn't help. Now playing SWTOR. Hoping it will keep me busy 1-2 months...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on fan-sites and forums for about a month straight around the time we thought the release date was Q4 2011. I even waited until Blizzcon and damn I was disappointed.

Since then I quit wow, and played Dark Souls, Skyrim, and countless RPG's on my mobile phone just to try and fill time before D3.... now I'm back on wow.

They got me

Aside from the occasional server issues and disconnects, I honestly have not experienced any of the issues you have mentioned. Honestly, I have had a pretty flawless experience and have beaten the Skeleton king once with each character class. Two of my friends have been playing the beta too and have had no real issues either and honestly one of the first things that came out of my mouth when I played for the first night was "Wow, this game feels really good for a beta"

With that said, I am all for Blizzard taking their time to release this game, and look forward for this game regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassfarmer View Post
    I was on fan-sites and forums for about a month straight around the time we thought the release date was Q4 2011. I even waited until Blizzcon and damn I was disappointed.

Since then I quit wow, and played Dark Souls, Skyrim, and countless RPG's on my mobile phone just to try and fill time before D3.... now I'm back on wow.

They got me

This is exactly me, now i'm sitting in SW twiddling my thumbs again :'(

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    I just played for hours on the new beta build 8 and saw nothing of npc's stopping mid dungeon or any rubber band moving or nothing. Don't know what happened to you, if you just played while the servers were taking a beating or something.

I'll agree to people bitching impatience who don't understand this is how Blizzard works though.
    One has to take into consideration that any new build that comes out, regardless of how flawless the machine is, it has to run smooth on most and all different configurations.

For example, new build supports x x x x x video card version but not x video card version.

While both of you may have awesome computers, things might run different because your builds are obviously not the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    my character would have the random 'glass wall' everyone once in awhile when I played with a demon out.

I am a bit sad that you are only able to do one small part. I played off and on as part of breaks from my work (yay to remote access work) and finals (boo to a second degree). and I beat it in about 2 1/2 hours (all together).

Edit: and im that SOB that kills everything and explodes every single friggen pot.

yea cause blizzard is gonna push a game cause the nerds are impatient..... irrelevant thread.

PS.
    I also cannot wait but i would much rather have a good product on release then buggy unplaybaleness

It's been too long... =( It needs to break me free from WoW :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    It's been too long... =( It needs to break me free from WoW :P
    Plenty of other games out there besides wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, i can't wait. I'm going to marathon the crap out of D3. Six pack of Monster, family size Munchies, massive supply of Depends. You know how we do.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure as early as Blizzcon Blizzard were saying the game is playable beginning to end, so your thoery is flawed.

OP: The game will suck if your computer sucks. Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendandtear View Post
    you suck. just food for thought

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LastNightsLoad View Post
    Shit, i can't wait. I'm going to marathon the crap out of D3. Six pack of Monster, family size Munchies, massive supply of Depends. You know how we do.
    Tut tut. Old school gamers pack all the way, sugar free red bull, lean chicken sammichs with mayo, thai sweet chili chips (low fat of course), lots of water and fresh coffee. After a decades of gaming you begin to realize those game launch sessions have to be mildly healthy:P

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    you suck. just food for thought
    Name calling isn't going to improve anyone's standing here.

Though with a better computer, It's without question your game experience will be better than with a bad computer.
    Less lagg, better resolution, etc.

The issues you mentioned sounds like connection issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP I think you are exaggerating, or you have a bad connection or crappy computer. I've played the beta on my friends PC as well as seen hours of footage and no hiccups. They are probably delaying it because SWTOR was released in Dec, or they have some issues with the game being picked up by other countries, like that whole korean gambling thing. They should just release it not sure why they stalling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have just one thing to say , get Titan quest with the expansion ,that game is a few years old but graphics are quite nice still and by today theres still tons of people playing it !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    OP I think you are exaggerating, or you have a bad connection or crappy computer. I've played the beta on my friends PC as well as seen hours of footage and no hiccups. They are probably delaying it because SWTOR was released in Dec, or they have some issues with the game being picked up by other countries, like that whole korean gambling thing. They should just release it not sure why they stalling.
    My computer and connection are not crappy in any sense.

25/2 Dedicated Connection.

Asus Sabertooth x58.
    i7 950
    6Gigs KingstonHyperX Memory.
    HiS Radeon 5870HD
    Sata 3 500gig SSD
    850W Coolermaster Psu
    Antec 900 Case

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rendandtear View Post
    My computer is awesome and the game ran fine till the last build came out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been waiting for Diablo 3 since the first announcement i saw for it...
    I've been waiting for Diablo 3 Beta since the first announcement i saw for it...
    I think i can wait a little bit more for the whole release :P
    Afterall, pushed up releases could lead to less patching required, which means more playtime instead of all the extended maintenance you can expect from patches.