Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation New phone, lost authenticator!

Hey! I was hacked about two years ago, and I've used the mobile authenticator for iPhone ever since. But I haven't played for a while now, and I got a new phone now, still an iPhone. So now I don't have my old authenticator and can't login..
    I sent a ticket about this to Blizzard and got this answer:

"Dear Joakim "last name",

The status of your Customer Support ticket #"ticker number" has changed to "Answered."

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:
    "The link" (can't post links, since I'm new on the forum)

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Greetings,

Thank you for your email regarding the removal of the Blizzard Security Authenticator from your account. In order to process your request we will have to request the following information for account verification, via our web form "link" and enter the following information in the "Description" section with a clear explanation of your issue.

- Battle.net Account Name: The current account name (email address) you are using to login.
    - Your Battle.net Secret Question and Answer.
    - Name: The full name that the account was created with.

We also require one of the following:

- The serial number of the authenticator
    - A legible scan or photo of a piece of government-issued photo identification, such as a passport or driving license matching the first and last name of the registered account owner"

But, when I click on one of the links I am requested to login with my battle.net account... How the h*** can I do that when they ask me for my authenticator when I try to login?
    I'm from Norway, so I don't wan't to call if not necessary.
    I'd be grateful for all of your help!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP:

The link regarding your ticket status can only be viewed once you've logged in. Instead, when you get the login info, click on "Can't Log In?" and then click on "I lost my authenticator and I want to remove it from my account.". This begins the process outlined in your ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Just call them. They'll fix it for you in a split second this has happened to me before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the same thing when I had a defective phone and had to send it back. I completely forgot to remove the authenticator so I had to remove it. They now give you the option to do it all online. Like Darsithis said; click the "Can't Log In?" option then "I lost my authenticator and want to remove it", they will then ask for a jpeg picture of your ID (which I just took with a digital camera). Shortly after (maybe a couple of hours?) I was able to log in and attach a new authenticator.

you can also call them, my old iphone broke when I accidentally dropped it in a puddle, I just called them after I bought a new phone and had to answer a couple questions from my account, they removed it and that was that, took probably 2 minutes at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Seriously? Just call them. They'll fix it for you in a split second this has happened to me before.
    Yeah, happened to me twice.. 1st time because I rooted my phone and I forgot to write down the code before I erased everything, so I made a ticket.. took a lot longer than it had to because the 2nd time (new phone) I just called them and it was done right away. Guy even mentioned, next time this happens, just call us.

Hey guys! Thanks for the answers, sounds like I have to call them
    Those of you who says I can press the "can't login" button etc.. I did this, and this is the mail I got from them after I did so (posted my ID etc.)
    But I will call them this weekend

Deleted
    Same here, got the same mail, but I am reluctant to send an ID to Blizz, god knows what they'll do with it. Looks like they don't want me to play Wow.

Deleted
    Or...you are smart enough to write down the recovery code supplied by blizzard when installing said authenticator......
    Took me 30 seconds to enter recovery code after a factory reset of my phone...and voila...no hassle :P

Or get a physical authenticator if you can.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I broke my old phone, and was unable to download the same Authenticator on my new one. Called up Billing and had it removed in a few minutes, and was able to add the new one on immediately. Quick and easy. So, try giving it a call right when it opens, so you won't have to wait on hold as long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joaksle View Post
    -- SNIP --
    /facepalm

the link is a summary of your tickets on the matter.

hit reply to the email and attach the requested information.

also get hooked on phonics.

Infracted. Keep it civil, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-12-19 at 03:43 PM.
    dictated but not read.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same thing happen to me. I called, gave them some data from my original install disks and they fixed it right away. I use a physical authenticator now, just so I don't run into this problem anymore.
    I'm a crazy taco.

If you got a new iPhone, just sync the old Authenticator saved in your iTunes account. It will work, or at least did when I got a new phone.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by zluu View Post
    Same here, got the same mail, but I am reluctant to send an ID to Blizz, god knows what they'll do with it. Looks like they don't want me to play Wow.
    Gee because it's not like they don't already presumably have your legal name, address, phone number, and some type of payment method attached, right?

Some of you people, I swear.

-------

Yeah my iPhone decided to fuck itself six ways from Sunday when I tried updating to iOS 5, it reset itself to factory and won't restore from the backup, so lost everything. Called, had it handled in under 5 mins easy. Obviously didn't have the auths reg number wrote down, so was asked some other questions to prove the account was mine, she asked me what the last 4 digits of the CC used on the account is.. I spit it off right away, and she was like "wow thats the fastest anyones done that, people usually have to look at their card." I was like "well it's the only part of the number I see regularly, as they generally only show last 4 digs on saved stuff." Her "that's riiiiiiiight" was adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paranoia at it's best. What will they do with it? sign you up for credit cards? Make a bunch of dummy accounts to boost their sub numbers? It's a security measure, without it, I would be playing your account now. If you have an issue with it, photoshop a transparent watermark into the whole thing with blizzards logo, so if it goes anywhere externally, your company can track it to where the information was leaked.
    dictated but not read.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Or get a physical authenticator if you can.
    I just swapped from physical to mobile myself because whenever I wanted to play from another location than "my room", I never had the authenticator with me.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 04:14 PM ----------

You can't be fricking serious? Would you rather have them ship your account / authenticator details to anyone who bothers to send them e-mail without any proof abou their identity?

Deleted
    Well i hoped there was other methods than sending an ID. Gonna try to phone them and hope they don't ask for ridiculous stuff.

Well i hoped there was other methods than sending an ID. Gonna try to phone them and hope they don't ask for ridiculous stuff.
    What's ridiculous about asking for ID to ensure you are who you say who are? It's pretty common, everywhere.

Deleted
    Well, I probly don't go where you go on the net then, cause I'm very rarely asked for an ID, and I don't recall actually giving an ID scan for anything online. Even my bank has other methods than an ID to prove I'm me on the net.

Anyway, enough with the paranoid rant. No Wow for me this christmas