Thread: Best Mage Spec

Deleted

Best Mage Spec

Okay, I have a level 65 blood elf mage currently leveling in Zangarmarsh. He Has Dual Spec (Frost/Arcane). I renewed my account as i have not played since back at the end of WotLK, and was wondering, what is the best Spec for a Mage? Fire, Frost or Arcane. I Heard that Fire is the best, and does the most DPS, but im just looking for peoples ideas on talents nd builds etc

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're currently leveling, you'll see the easiest time running Arcane solo and in groups. Frost will let you get away with more crazy attempts to do things solo. In a raid environment, in best in slot gear, against a single target, fire is on top. Your mileage may vary with playstyle, quality, and fight.

For leveling go Frost or Arcane.

Basically with frost, you can control alot of mobs at the same time and do high dps meanwhile.

Arcane is good versus a single target, and tend to kill single stuff a little bit faster then frost.

But do not use fire for leveling, it is sub-par of the other specs for leveling.

As for endgame content, all specs are viable, but the most usable spec for most Dragon Soul bosses is fire .
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    For leveling go Frost or Arcane.

Basically with frost, you can control alot of mobs at the same time and do high dps meanwhile.

Arcane is good versus a single target, and tend to kill single stuff a little bit faster then frost.

But do not use fire for leveling, it is sub-par of the other specs for leveling.

As for endgame content, all specs are viable, but the most usable spec for most Dragon Soul bosses is fire .
    I think im gonna stick with Frost i have glyph of water elemental so it never dies

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    If you're currently leveling, you'll see the easiest time running Arcane solo and in groups. Frost will let you get away with more crazy attempts to do things solo. In a raid environment, in best in slot gear, against a single target, fire is on top. Your mileage may vary with playstyle, quality, and fight.
    The thing with Arcane with me is that a feel that the mobs are eating me while i kill them :P

Leveling difficulty has been lowered so much that any of the 3 specs is fine now.

I'd personally go frost for the extra control and utility. Elemental is always permanent now, and gets to keep it's freeze btw.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

You should be able to level as anything no problem.
    Arcane and Fire are the best contenders for top DPS in end-game content, Arcane will be better while you are in five mans and Fire will start to pull ahead once you get into raids, though both work in both places.
    Frost isn't really as viable in PvE at max level as it could be.