Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    wow high settings? wish i could lol

Ok I tried the trick from last page, and it worked flawlessly. I was running the game at almost completely low graphics(KotoR 1 tier graphics) and i was still lagging in group areas. Now im almost fully maxed and having only a few skips in the imperial fleet.
    Hope this gets fixed soon or theres going to be a lot of unhappy customers.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonia View Post
    I had the same issue. Try setting EVEYTHING FIRST TO MAX and than lowering to whatever you want. My FPS was about 15 and its now 60. Its a bug in the videodrivers or so whatever a fix should come soon I think.
    This worked perfectly well. tyvm. went from 15 fps on low settings to 50-60 fps on mid-high settings! this game is so much better now

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonia View Post
    I had the same issue. Try setting EVEYTHING FIRST TO MAX and than lowering to whatever you want. My FPS was about 15 and its now 60. Its a bug in the videodrivers or so whatever a fix should come soon I think.
    thanks i'll try to do that. what do you suggest for the order in which i lower the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaris View Post
    This worked perfectly well. tyvm. went from 15 fps on low settings to 50-60 fps on mid-high settings! this game is so much better now
    Happy to help m8!!

Quote Originally Posted by agardner791 View Post
    thanks i'll try to do that. what do you suggest for the order in which i lower the settings?
    I did everything at once. I think it doesnt matter which order you lower them. Goodluck!

I have everything set at max settings at 1920x1080 and even force enabled AA Transparency 8X via NVIDIA Control Panel. FPS is roughly 50+ all around. Then again, I upgraded my computer to i5-2500k at 4.2ghz, 16gb ddr3 1600mhz, and gtx460 sli.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwang View Post
    I have everything set at max settings at 1920x1080 and even force enabled AA Transparency 8X via NVIDIA Control Panel. FPS is roughly 50+ all around. Then again, I upgraded my computer to i5-2500k at 4.2ghz, 16gb ddr3 1600mhz, and gtx460 sli.
    yeah your graphics kick butt. i'm using an INTEGRATED card lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    One area I definitely know is bugged in some way is if you go in the tablet rooms in the caves on Korriban, your fps drops so dramatically you can barely do anything. As soon as you manage to turn around and leave the room it's fine, but step back in and it's stutter city again.
    Guildmates and I encounter a similar drop in the center room of the Sith Fury starship around the holoterminal. We reported these two problem areas months ago, but with the problems still there, it's likely low on the priority list.
    Last edited by Thalassicus; 2011-12-20 at 03:36 AM.

Setting to max and then down again WORKED! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mace16 View Post
    Anyone else able to confirm this? Sounds pretty interesting.
    This worked. Thanks so much!

It's march.

Game still runs like a piece of shit.

i7 quad core at 4ghz, SLI GTX460x2,6gig ram.

Sub cancelled, told them to e-mail me when it becomes playable ;p

Quote Originally Posted by agardner791 View Post
    According to the site Can You Run It I should have no problem running the game. For some reason though it is extremely slow and laggy. My frame rate doesn't hit above 10fps and that's if I'm lucky. I have all the graphics settings turned down to low so I have no idea what is causing the problem. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. All my drivers are up to date as well.
    Turn your shader setting to very low. this will help even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The performance is a bit annoying.
    I'm running on an AMD 975@4.0ghz, 8gb DDR1600, ATi 7950.

I play at 1920x1080 everything on high except for shadows and sometimes enjoy 50-60fps. However there is a ton of "bubble lag" in places, sometimes turning a corner in a hallway. These spikes will drop my fps from 60 down to 20-30 then a second later back up to 60. Frustrating! If it held at 30, it wouldnt be so bad but to go from 60-30-back to 60 in the span of 1-2 seconds is quite noticeable.

PvP is also dreadful! Most pvp maps I play around 20-30fps. Again frustrating to see my hardware struggle with this when it shouldn't be. Games such as BF3, Skyrim, Alien vs Pred, all run on ultra settings 8x aa/af like silk! Not swtor. Throw a one month old $500 video card at swtor and you can enjoy 30fps .. maybe... =\

One of these days, people are going to stop comparing the frame rates they get in single player games to what they get in MMO's.

I have a dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    One of these days, people are going to stop comparing the frame rates they get in single player games to what they get in MMO's.

I have a dream.
    Fine, lets compare WoW vs SWTOR then.

I can enjoy a turtle AV game (both teams clashing in the field) ultra settings, 50-60 fps.

3-5 people on my screen in swtor doing pvp, 20fps.....

Well my PC is a piece of shit with 5 years old and i run the game fine with some low/high settings...
    30/40 fps average on every place even in Warzones,except the fleet and by some odd reason Alderaan...in those places drop to about 10 fps...
    I never noticed any lag...

Only place i cant really play was Ilum 2/3 fps....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This actually brings up an interesting thing I found. I get less lag in ToR than I do in WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This actually brings up an interesting thing I found. I get less lag in ToR than I do in WoW.
    And?

Do you get less lag in ToR than WoW, but better FPS in WoW?
    Do you get less lag in ToR than WoW, and better FPS than in WoW?

Can you expand on your statement and make it useful?

Im playing with really good fps now, 30+ everywhere. I Dont know what they or me have done, but last month my fps is horrible on low, now its 30+ on high.

The only problem i have with this game is when im playing, everything on my PC lag's.

Phenom II X4 945
    RADEON HD 5770
    6 GB RAM
    Playing in max settings, without shadows, 1280x720 in windowed mode(I have a 23'' monitor with 1920x1080 but at this resolution is close to unplayble.

I've actually recently discovered this game runs with about a 50% frame rate increase going from low settings to medium. I'm running it with a core2quad extreme 3.0ghz processor, 8gb of ram, and nvidia gtx460 (x2).