Oh, I didn't know in the comics Dale's wife was killed from the geeks. Just was going on from him saying she died of cancer. I never read them. Unless he's just saying that until the truth comes out. I know they aren't sticking to the books 100%. No adaptation from comics/books ever do. They seem to be giving people a little back story here and there. I am hoping, as someone suggestion on Talking Dead, that they do a prequel of sorts for more background. I think that would make a lot of what the characters are doing, make more sense.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeneer View Post
    Who the hell shifts a post apocalyptic zombie survival show into a drama? Men don't want drama, women do. And if women are going to watch drama they will probably choose zombie-free drama.
    zombies zombies zombies running away boarding yourself up would be boring all the time to as for men dont want drama i love drama, i also love horror and i also love sci-fi, why cant people see that their setting up things NOW to have an impact on things later in the show,
    like when shane does go mad
    when (if the do that part from the comic) hershels daughter decides to leave with glenn when they all move on cos she loves him
    or when andrea realises dales been right
    or when sophia mum goes bananas, whatsis face is going to be there to help her
    the baby etc etc etc
    Do i need to show any more subplots they can use for future shows?
    Seriously some people dont think ahead of the bigger picture thats why things these days are so fast paced they burn out to fast and get cancelled ANYWAY cos things that try to take time to set up stuff also gets cancelled cos people cant be bothered to wait

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Dale is a creep in the TV show, but ok in the comics.

------MIGHT BE A SPOILER FOR SOME-------

Shane will die one way or another, its important to the plot. His fate was set in stone the moment he impregnated Lori.

At this point im so sick of the inept characters, the entire season spent at herschel's, etc. Its just so drawn out and monotonous, they need to do something to shake it up. Revealing that Judith is Shane's daughter will be the big 'surprise' this season, while herschel kicks everyone out and they head to the prison. Youll look back and wonder 'why the F did we spend 12 episodes at herschels farm?'
    IF they spend 12 episodes at the farm their going to be spending what 3 seasons at the prison then yes? if your using a timeline like that so season 3 will revolve around them setting the place up while have ANOTHER internal fued with the inmates left there,
    season 4 will be them meeting michonne and each one of them untrusting her then gaining that trust through some action. Near the end of this season they'll get hershel to move in to help with making a farming plot on the prison. seaon 4 will end with someone on a hill looking at them through binoculars.
    Season 5 the whole guvenor thing spread over the whole season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farscape View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Dale. On one hand, he has some useful skill sets (like mechanics) and he has obviously accrued some elderly wisdom over the years. The problem is that he insists on sharing his thoughts about practically every situation that he comes across, regardless of how small they are. Basically, he should save the wisdom for bigger issues because the show is basically making it seem like Dale lacks the common sense to know when to share something wise and when to stfu. Another problem with Dale is that his relationship with Andrea is quite creepy. Throughout the show, the number of scenes where I got a father/daughter vibe could probably be counted on one hand. Every other scene with those two always makes Dale seem like he wants to get into Andrea's pants.

:3 Comics.

I don't understand the hate for dale.. He's not always the smartest but his intentions are always good and obviously he's not afraid of Shane so that's a plus. That and he's one of the few people being honest 100% of the time.

The character that I feel bad for.. T-dog. He's not in the comics (dont think..) and for a big guy he seems rather..wimpy, shaken and with the highway episode..paranoid. He also hasn't been given the spotlight other than being the target of merle in the first season. This season all he's done while in the farm is act as an extra in the background.. which doesn't bode well for him as a long term survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    :3 Comics.

I don't understand the hate for dale.. He's not always the smartest but his intentions are always good and obviously he's not afraid of Shane so that's a plus. That and he's one of the few people being honest 100% of the time.

The character that I feel bad for.. T-dog. He's not in the comics (dont think..) and for a big guy he seems rather..wimpy, shaken and with the highway episode..paranoid. He also hasn't been given the spotlight other than being the target of merle in the first season. This season all he's done while in the farm is act as an extra in the background.. which doesn't bode well for him as a long term survivor.
    I think Theo (t-dog) is Tyrese from the comics. If this ends up being true, he has the potential to be the biggest badass, once they start his 'story arc'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farscape View Post
    Another problem with Dale is that his relationship with Andrea is quite creepy. Throughout the show, the number of scenes where I got a father/daughter vibe could probably be counted on one hand. Every other scene with those two always makes Dale seem like he wants to get into Andrea's pants.
    I've noticed that too. Akward is the word. She obviously doesn't want anything to do with him but he insists. Dale always seems to have an idea of what to do but without any plan to follow through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the first season on Netflix. Not really sure why people are saying it's good... I didn't think it was particularly special.

What kind of zombie are we going for, exactly? Are these Romero-style zombies, or the modernized Max Brooks version of Romero zombies? If so, why are they losing interest and kind of wandering off? Why aren't they creating megaswarms?

In regards to the CDC thing, how in the fuck did they survive being a thousand feet from a thermobaric bomb going off? Even if the RV and Jeep and other trucks somehow protected them from the heat, how is it that those vehicles weren't ripped off the ground and thrown around like toys? Are they made of fucking uranium or something?

Seems like the show is massively inconsistent.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Just watched the first season on Netflix. Not really sure why people are saying it's good... I didn't think it was particularly special.

What kind of zombie are we going for, exactly? Are these Romero-style zombies, or the modernized Max Brooks version of Romero zombies? If so, why are they losing interest and kind of wandering off? Why aren't they creating megaswarms?

In regards to the CDC thing, how in the fuck did they survive being a thousand feet from a thermobaric bomb going off? Even if the RV and Jeep and other trucks somehow protected them from the heat, how is it that those vehicles weren't ripped off the ground and thrown around like toys? Are they made of fucking uranium or something?

Seems like the show is massively inconsistent.
    Season 1 was the high point thus far. If you didnt like it, youll hate s2, its completely boring.

Also, i agree with you on all counts. I was also pissed they didnt bother to grab any military weapons laying around, or a humvee,etc,etc,etc. So inept.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Season 1 was the high point thus far. If you didnt like it, youll hate s2, its completely boring.

Also, i agree with you on all counts. I was also pissed they didnt bother to grab any military weapons laying around, or a humvee,etc,etc,etc. So inept.
    When ever a Zombie outbreak happens the people that are left are always inept, the woman usually go around in dresses and high heels and the men in jeans and t-shirts, why don't they wear motorcycle leathers, My Bike jacket is easy to wear kinda of, and has Kevlar in the arms, elbows its reinforced in the back and front and has a very high thick collar, coupled that with Kevlar leather pants and cloves, nothings is getting through that, and as zombie main attacking is the bite, not even Jaws from James bond could bit through it, But having irrational stupid is what people is what makes zombie films/shows

I was thinking today, about the episode this season where either Lori or Shane was thinking back. The one where they are all in a traffic jam waiting for the military to let them through to the safe zones. When they went and ran through the woods after hearing the explosions, and Shane said they were napalming the city. Which city was that? Atlanta? Was just curious since that's where the bulk of season 1 was, and there was no burned to shit buildings and still smoking ect.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Shane's a liability, his skill with guns notwithstanding. Dale should have blasted his ass right in the chest and said he felt threatened with the guns there, all alone. Bring up his Otis theory, whatever. Shane is not the dude you want around during a zombie apocalypse, because he's more dangerous than the zombies.
    Shane should be leading the group, he was right to shoot Otis, he was right to say they need to leave and forget Sophia, he was right to make the move on the barn. Honestly Rick is a bit too whipped to be leading in that situation. The whole thing with Hershel saying they will be leaving and him basically just taking it, clearly with the thought that if he couldn't change Hershel's mind they would have to leave. Ermmmm no. Safety, security and continuous food supply the farm provides vs current occupants being alive, I sure know which option I would choose. In that world a little bit of psycho is needed to survive, you look after your own, anyone that does anything that could potentially cause your group harm, screw them.
    Last edited by mmoc835db78c83; 2011-12-05 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    When ever a Zombie outbreak happens the people that are left are always inept, the woman usually go around in dresses and high heels and the men in jeans and t-shirts, why don't they wear motorcycle leathers, My Bike jacket is easy to wear kinda of, and has Kevlar in the arms, elbows its reinforced in the back and front and has a very high thick collar, coupled that with Kevlar leather pants and cloves, nothings is getting through that, and as zombie main attacking is the bite, not even Jaws from James bond could bit through it, But having irrational stupid is what people is what makes zombie films/shows
    for a start if your grabbed by 20 zombies and wrestled to the ground those leathers aint do nothing for you once your struggling and it rides up and a bit of your bely is revealed their in there. Also leathers are movement restrictive i know this from wearing them myself.
    As for grabbing weapons humvees etc can you maintain a military weapon or vehicle? i know i cant, id stick to things i know rifles are easy to maintain as are simple revolver pistols, easiest weapons to come across in the uk aswell.
    Though not as easy as id like.
    Yeah a little crazy is fine but not the crazy shane is he'll shoot you less than look at you if you accidently did something he didnt like after he gets worse and snaps some more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DadRaider View Post
    Yeah a little crazy is fine but not the crazy shane is he'll shoot you less than look at you if you accidently did something he didnt like after he gets worse and snaps some more
    You assume he is going to get more crazy, that he wasn't just like this all along. Shooting Otis seemed to make him lose it a little more to start with but he seems to have come to terms with having to do that and gotten over it. Is he likely to shoot anyone from the group? With the exception of Dale I don't think he is, and it's Dales own fault TBH if Shane does do anything to him. Stupid old man should have kept quiet, who thinks "that guys a psycho that's shot at least one person already I know I'll piss him off and confront him when he's on his own with no one else around". Apart from that I quite like Dale but making an enemy out of Shane was a little bit retarded.

Personally I want to see Shane step up as leader and Glen, seeing the opportunity to move up the social ladder back Shane up and become more than the group tea boy.

The Walking Dead

I just finished watching season 1 and part of season 2 of this show, and I absolutely loved it! Anyone who has not checked it out should do it asap if you are into Zombie movies. I guarantee you will probably be hooked after the "Pilot". You can catch season 1 on Netflix (america only?)

Go go watch it.

If you didn't enjoy it, then

Deleted
    Love The Walking Dead, Sarah Wayne Callies ... *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Love The Walking Dead, Sarah Wayne Callies ... *drools*

Spoiler
    i died a little bit when the blonde got bit

Deleted
    First 7 episodes of season 2 were just as bad as the last episode from season 1, it started feeling like I was watching Twilight.

They've stayed long overdue on that farm, with the ending of episode 7 I'm hoping they go to a big city but I don't think they have the budget for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's pretty cool actually!
    You can watch episodes on this message has been censored by longview (no, just don't link to streaming sites.. thanks!) btw ^_^
    Last edited by Longview; 2011-12-24 at 08:36 PM.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

After reading the comics before watching the show I have to say that the show ruined it. Not going to include names for spoiler sake, but when they leave characters alive who shouldn't be, turn the story into a soap opera instead of a survival story, go to very lame places that never occurred in the story, and spend waaaay to much time in one location to the point every episode is the same it just ruined it.

Personally I recommend reading the story because it kicks the show in the face, spits on it while its down then delivers a final throat stomp!

I don't think there's any way they could have stayed 100% true to the graphic novels on a TV budget.

They change locations very quickly in the books, and they meet new people almost constantly (and others are killed off nearly as fast.) I try not to compare it too much to the books anymore, because it's just very different. I still enjoy the show for itself though.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    I don't think there's any way they could have stayed 100% true to the graphic novels on a TV budget.

They change locations very quickly in the books, and they meet new people almost constantly (and others are killed off nearly as fast.) I try not to compare it too much to the books anymore, because it's just very different. I still enjoy the show for itself though.
    Ya, true enough. But keeping random characters alive seems a little pointless though. I loved the first season(minus the finale lol) and the seconds started off well, but then it felt like a homemade movie. One location for an entire season seems a little lazy to me. They could have at least progressed a bit more I would think. But hey, thats just me lol.