Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brexour View Post
    They got 2 resets per week so not so much to say...
    Why does some fucker always try to cheapen the accomplishments of others out of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    30 different stand in the fire mechanics, quarter of a second reaction, single failure instant kill the entire raid.
    I'm pretty sure that's what he meant by "impossible". It's not technically impossible, but it is impossible enough to have 25 people be aware of 30 different mechanics that each require a 0.25s reaction IN ADDITION to the normal ragnaros HC mechanics.

If Ragnaros HC were like that there would still be no kill today.

Woop gratz to them if that's the case then :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to kin raiders.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    2 weeks bashing your head against spine compared to 2 days on madness? How can you not see that as Madness being easier?
    2 weeks bashing your head = X days of "Let's gear up/farm/prepare" + Y days of "Ok, now let's kill him". Those X days you spent preparing for Spine are also benefiting Madness, so in order to actually measure the relative difficulty of both fights you have to subtract those X days from the 2 weeks it took to down Spine.

PS : Obviously, I simplified the model. The X days aren't necessarily contiguous, and there are certainly pulls in between farming/gearing.

No, they could be made significantly more difficult without being technically impossible. For example, make 30 different stand in the fire mechanics, each coming at different times and having to be dealt with in slightly different ways. Allow a quarter of a second reaction time for each one. And make a single failure instant kill the entire raid.

It would stress your multitasking and reaction times to the limit while punishing even a slight failure extremely harshly. You could also combine that with making each fight 3 hours long, making it so you need to maintain that level of super perfection for an extended period of time.
    What you're describing really does make a fight basically impossible, though. Those would all be things where your entire raid would be horribly punished simply for a half second of lag. Ideally, I think that a fight would take the longest to kill if it contained almost exclusively brand new mechanics, every single time, but asking for that is essentially a pipe dream. There just can't be that many mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    A lot of people live off of youtube channels and streaming no problem. I don't see how a sponsorship for being a professional world first gamer could be less than that?

Just a theory though, I have no proof of what they get from sponsors.
    I once read a blog on Ensidia.com, (when they still used that website, I believe the entire site was taken down a long time ago though when they switched to manaflask) where one of Ensidia's top players, Mek I believe, claimed that they got no money from sponsors, only occasional trinkets like keyboards and mice. I don't have the link anymore though, and am too lazy to even check if the blog still exists. If you wanna try and Google search it though, have at it.

Peoples opinions and idea on the current tier race are sad at this point in time. Every guild which exploited LFR did so to gain a lead. Weighing there options like anyone who was competing for anything would. You can use a sports analogy but even in sports people cheat and cook the books to make it look like they didn't.

On top of that the argument that class stacking and Dragon Wrath stacking make it easier are bullshit. Any top guild worth its weight in salt and pushing for world firsts will have roughly the same amount of staves regardless of how many resets they have. Every guild maximizes gathering for the staff.

The reason Kin Raiders won is because they pushed the hardest, spent the most time. And didn't take the gamble with the LFR. There feat of defeating Madness first is incredible and well deserved. ( Barring any extranious evidence that they exploited. )

For people saying this was too easy. Your obviously not competing on the level these players are. And you can't quantify the difficulty as there skill sets are much higher. The time spent far higher and the dedication given surpassing you in intense amounts. The kill is well deserved.

I am a Paragon fan boy by the way. But you can't be the best forever and the longer you stay at the top the more people thirst to dethrone you. It's as simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gag Reflex View Post
    its like bringing a car to a race where you and your opponents are racing on different tracks; Yours being down hill while everyone else is racing up a mountain. Blizzards Devs really messed this tier up in my opinion and I hope they do something about this either now or in the very near future otherwise they will be losing a bunch of their player base in the future. Whats the point in playing a game competitively if the playing field isn't equal.

Congrats on the Kill.
    Huh??
    I don't give a shit about this. And exept the "top guilds" who run this race, who cares about the différences bitween eu/us servers and the Kr ones??
    The bunch of players you are talking about play on the same fields on their server. I dont play with or against peaple on Kr server. It change nothing for me if Kr server dont get hotfixed. Not a reason for me to leave the game. I Still love playing the game as it is.
    Are you in this "race"? Players in this race are "a bunch of the player base"??(LOL) and they all going to ragequit for that??(LOL again!!)
    Take Your fun with what you got and stop being jalous about something useless and making such a shity conclusion.

Meh, I'm a little disappointed it went this fast.

I'm also really NOT looking forward to a world first movie with text I can't read all over the screen, but congratulations all the same.

No, they could be made significantly more difficult without being technically impossible. For example, make 30 different stand in the fire mechanics, each coming at different times and having to be dealt with in slightly different ways. Allow a quarter of a second reaction time for each one. And make a single failure instant kill the entire raid.

It would stress your multitasking and reaction times to the limit while punishing even a slight failure extremely harshly. You could also combine that with making each fight 3 hours long, making it so you need to maintain that level of super perfection for an extended period of time.
    So basically you want this:

but played by 25 people simultaneously and when one makes a mistake everyone has to start from scratch? Thats near enough to impossible to actually call it impossible.

10+ Year Old Account

Assuming you're giving an extreme example here, because that'd just be inhuman.

Deleted

You want to make a fight that makes Ragnaros HC look like a walk in the park? :O I'm sure no one will ever be able to beat your proposed boss, as humans are incapable of being perfect for 3 hours non-stop.
    Besides the fastest possible reaction time of a human is 0.2 seconds, that leaves only 0.05 sec for them, and due to latency that's gonna be exceeded.

Deleted
    I once read a blog on Ensidia.com, (when they still used that website, I believe the entire site was taken down a long time ago though when they switched to manaflask) where one of Ensidia's top players, Mek I believe, claimed that they got no money from sponsors, only occasional trinkets like keyboards and mice. I don't have the link anymore though, and am too lazy to even check if the blog still exists. If you wanna try and Google search it though, have at it.
    The site still works yeah, I think Ensidia is a part of manaflask and its their site, so yeah.
    But I remember reading that aswell. Thats atleast how I thought sponsorship worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragepaw View Post
    Alright, this is a fair assessment, but keep one thing in mind, the final tier has historically been the longest to clear. 2 weeks for the final tier is pretty...... meh. Truthfully, I'm disappointed we cleared him on normal so fast. Sure, for our team it will be a while before we get a heroic kill, but it doesn't look as out of reach as Rag did.
    historically?

BC - Sunwell gated
    Wotlk - ICC gated

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    What you're describing really does make a fight basically impossible, though. Those would all be things where your entire raid would be horribly punished simply for a half second of lag. Ideally, I think that a fight would take the longest to kill if it contained almost exclusively brand new mechanics, every single time, but asking for that is essentially a pipe dream. There just can't be that many mechanics.
    I understand that. And my inspiration for this idea is I wanna be the guy's impossible mode. This would be about 3 times as intense, but it would still be possible. After all, impossible mode has been cleared before lol. The caveat being that you would need 10/25 people to all do that.

Even so, fights don't need to be taken to such extremes. The same concept can simply be used. Punish mistakes, stress multitasking, and optionally, test endurance. For example, make H Rag 30 minutes long, and add 3 new kinds of fire, if a player is killed by this fire, it kills the nearest 4 players. Not impossible, but it would make a fight that was already tough as nails just that much tougher.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-20 at 01:50 PM.

Do these guys have a homepage? Would like to see if they've posted some statement or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    Assuming you're giving an extreme example here, because that'd just be inhuman.
    And the hammer hits the nail on the head. I was intentionally giving an extreme example.

So many experts in here.

Paragon used to get double lock outs, until they took an arrow to the knee.

Am I doing this right?

Madness SS
    http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/201...2979906882.jpg

Look at that little gnome in the middle, looks like a GM. Seems legit then!
    Last edited by Phillytwo; 2011-12-20 at 01:54 PM.