10+ Year Old Account

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rrath/advanced

On a fight like Ultraxion, I can only manage about 30k. Maybe a little more with Bloodlust, as I had none last time I did this. I feel like I should be doing more than this with my gear. I use clcret as a guide, I pop cooldowns at the correct times and have them all up at once when my Guardian is stacked to 20, I use a flask, food, strength pot with my CD's, etc. My rotation is correct, my gear is all enchanted, reforged, and gemmed correctly. The only thing I can possibly think of at this point is just my gear. Namely my trinkets. I know Creche isn't the best for Ret, but it's better than what I had before. We have another Ret paladin with slighly better gear than I do that can manage 40k under the same circumstances. The only possible difference is that he has his double 2-set. Still though. 30k seems low. What am I doing wrong?

Also, as far as trinkets go, I'm not sure if using Varo's Brooch and Creche is any better than Varo's and Rosary.
    Last edited by Cypher0; 2011-12-22 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted
    Can you provide me a World of Logs link from your current raids, it'll help a lot to trace the reason why you are so much behind the other paladin . Also use some help (google Mr Robot for example) to reforge properly, as taking a quick look at your reforging, haste and hit, it seems like you reforge without any help.

it's your rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a WoL link just yet, as I have yet to run with my guild in which anyone was recording the log.

However, I actually do use MrRobot for my reforging and gemming needs.

I'm also following the rotation both given to me by clcret and what I can discern from various sites and guides. FCFS. Generally, I always have Inquisition up, I TV when DP is up, unless Inquisition is close to falling off. I do CS > filler > filler > CS for my normal rotation, and I never deviate from that, so I'm generating as much HP as I possibly can. Exo when Art of War is up and when neither TV or CS is up for use. Holy Wrath as a filler, Consecration as a filler. On pulls, I'll pop my guardian, and then pop Zeal, wings, Inquisition, and my Golemblood pot when I have 3 HP (Which, by the time I get 3 HP, my guardian is at 11-12 stacks), and go nuts with TV from there. Throwing out a hammer or AoW Exo when I actually have downtime between CS and TV.

The rotation seems correct as far as I can tell. Though on pulls, I'm not sure if I should be prepotting or continue saving my pot for wings/Zealotry. Aside from that, it's the same thing any other Ret paladin does. It's exactly what our other ret paladin does, yet my dps is far lower.

I've never used WoL, so I'll try and get it set up and record a LFR pug or something.
    Last edited by Cypher0; 2011-12-22 at 04:54 AM.

World of Logs isn't very hard to figure out if you'd like to run it yourself.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here's the best I got so far. 30k dps, but I'm way down the list because I died at 30% due to stupid tanks not taunting and letting me get melee'd.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ce/?s=73&e=362

This was just a random LFR pug I just did.
    Last edited by Cypher0; 2011-12-22 at 05:57 AM.

your using two of the worst ret trinkets and on ultraxion you have to stand really close for tenticles to spawn
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

I'm thinking at this point, it is mostly just gear. Even though you do have an awesome sword, an average of 377 equipped and only one tier set bonus might be holding you back.

You should be pleased once you get 2T13. I don't really know how much DPS it provides, but it makes life sooo much nicer... 4T13's quite powerful too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    your using two of the worst ret trinkets and on ultraxion you have to stand really close for tenticles to spawn
    I would say that is going overboard, While I agree after getting a Creche it's an awful trinket the Brooch is certainly not a bad trinket. However he is correct on the Tenticles stand on the very edge.

Get rid of the 359 Ring/Neck they are very easy to replace and get rid of that cloak while you are at it. Next thing you want to do is quit using askmrrobot it has you at 988 entirely too far over the hit cap and under the Expertise cap. Wowreforge link has you at 961 hit 484 expertise once you get those fixed you will be a little better.

http://wowreforge.com/US/Moon%20Guar...3235--------35
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-12-22 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I understand that I'm about .2% over hit cap, and just slightly under the exp cap, I do know exactly why. I would be right at 8% hit if I switched my boot enchant to 50 hit, and removed the reforge. But there is no way in hell that having slightly too much hit and slightly too little expertise makes any sort of difference like what I'm experiencing.
    Last edited by Cypher0; 2011-12-23 at 12:42 AM.

Gurth is bugged on ultra. so you would probally be doing 32-34k depending on your luck with the procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher0 View Post
    While I understand that I'm about .2% over hit cap, and just slightly under the exp cap, I do know exactly why. I would be right at 8% hit if I switched my boot enchant to 50 hit, and removed the reforge. But there is no way in hell that having slightly too much hit and slightly too little expertise makes any sort of difference like what I'm experiencing.
    Enchanting hit is bad, I posted the link to your proper reforging.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I would say that is going overboard, While I agree after getting a Creche it's an awful trinket the Brooch is certainly not a bad trinket. However he is correct on the Tenticles stand on the very edge.

Get rid of the 359 Ring/Neck they are very easy to replace and get rid of that cloak while you are at it. Next thing you want to do is quit using askmrrobot it has you at 988 entirely too far over the hit cap and under the Expertise cap. Wowreforge link has you at 961 hit 484 expertise once you get those fixed you will be a little better.

http://wowreforge.com/US/Moon%20Guar...3235--------35
    well in the grand scheme of things its not that great. The mastery proc is very good yes but you cant control it. sparratic anything isnt good for ret, it being mastery makes it bareable but theres much better options
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    well in the grand scheme of things its not that great. The mastery proc is very good yes but you cant control it. sparratic anything isnt good for ret, it being mastery makes it bareable but theres much better options
    Oh I agree but the uptime on the 5 man trinket makes it pretty strong 40% uptime on any trinket regardless takes a lot of the edge of rng off. Creche on the other hand the ICD is just far to long.

I wouldn't stress too much over it. Your trinket are bad and overall gear isn't that great. Real 30K over the whole fight look fine to me.

But please provide logs... also I tend to not believe what people say about their dps without logs (without dieing duh). Like really a paladin slightly more geared than you (380 ? 383 ?) is doing 40K on a normal fight (no dmg buff) I call bullshit or top gear paladin at 395-400 do 55K right ?