How to solo High King Maulgar?

I tried to kill the High King Maulgar sololy,

but the priest add heal too much, and I kept getting sheeped and feared.

Is there any strategy of solo it?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a rogue, the regular strat involves nuking the warlock add down fast. And then the priest.

I know its the Dk forum, but you could try that. Also Mione has a video of it.

Burst down the warlock/priest and hope the warlock doesn't chain CC you too much in that time. I only managed it with a pvp trinket and a good deal of luck (less CC than previous attempts). That being said, if you can bring in just one friend, it becomes a cakewalk.

Yea, I am trying to do it with a hunter.

Did it with my bear, do the lock first like these people are saying, then the priest/mage

Spec for Lichborne. Summon your army pre-pull and blow up the warlock during the 10 second fear immunity. Switch to the priest and use Strangulate to silence him at about 50% health then mind freeze if he's still alive after that. He should go down pretty fast too. After that it's pretty much clean up.

For a Hunter:

Go in as Marksmanship and use a turtle. Put misdirection on it and send it after the priest. Use Turtle Shell and Cower right as it reaches the pack so you don't have to mend pet for a bit. Use two multi-shots to aggro everything to the turtle. Pop all your cooldowns/trinkets and blow up the priest. When he's at about 50% health, that is when you want to use silencing shot. After that switch to the lock and kill him. Stay at max range, keep mend pet, misdirection, and chimera shot up as often as possible and you should be able to solo it. The Shaman is the one that sheeps, but it has a 30 yard range. If you stay between 31 and 40 yards away from him he will only cast lightning bolt.
    Last edited by TommyJohn; 2011-12-23 at 03:58 AM. Reason: grammar, added hunter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJohn View Post
    Spec for Lichborne. Summon your army pre-pull and blow up the warlock during the 10 second fear immunity. Switch to the priest and use Strangulate to silence him at about 50% health then mind freeze if he's still alive after that. He should go down pretty fast too. After that it's pretty much clean up.

For a Hunter:

Go in as Marksmanship and use a turtle. Put misdirection on it and send it after the priest. Use Turtle Shell and Cower right as it reaches the pack so you don't have to mend pet for a bit. Use two multi-shots to aggro everything to the turtle. Pop all your cooldowns/trinkets and blow up the priest. When he's at about 50% health, that is when you want to use silencing shot. After that switch to the lock and kill him. Stay at max range, keep mend pet, misdirection, and chimera shot up as often as possible and you should be able to solo it.
    thx a lot, tommy

Deleted
    Haven't done since 4.1, but I just did Seer > Summoner > Crazed > King. You can leave the mage til after cause he doesn't really do very much (range is a factor for what most of them will be able to do to you).

Grip works as an interrupt on the Seer/priest, and you can use a certain distance to avoid some of... I forget whose attacks. I think it's the disarmmoonfire, they will just choose to use their other spell which is in range, but not cast the disarm because that has a shorter range, or something.

I'd imagine with modern gear and vengeance changes they will drop absurdly fast.
    Last edited by mmocf55d4d4995; 2011-12-23 at 04:05 AM.

Haven't done since 4.1, but I just did Seer > Summoner > Crazed > King. You can leave the mage til after cause he doesn't really do very much (range is a factor for what most of them will be able to do to

Deleted
    What is this.

stay at max range from shaman - he won't turn you into bunny and won't disarm you..
    In my experience - it's all about blowing up the priest ASAP. when he's done, kill the warlock and you're golden. Lichborne + AMS helps a lot.

Though I tend to bring another DPS and just 2 man it - cake walk then
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!