Poll: Dwarf

Deleted
    I was a huuuge fan of the book and the lotr trilogy books/movies, was rather optimistic about this film when I first heard of it but now I see the same characters are being used, Peter Jackson is directing it (I had no idea) and just everything in that trailer is just...damn ran out of words, utterly speechless at this trailer. I`d recommend to anyone who hasn`t: Read the book beforehand.
    Now the wait begins...

Edit: Got a massive chill down my back when Thorin started singing. :O

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I saw the trailer...this must be what girls feel like after they see a new twilight trailer.
    Not all girls are brain-dead. Some of the people who hate Twilight the worst are girls.

I just realized that this movies is going to be in two parts. Damn it.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    It just means there'll be more to watch

Well, i'm not as excited as i was for LoTR, but i'm sure it'll be better than anything that has been released in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Not all girls are brain-dead. Some of the people who hate Twilight the worst are girls.

Making it in 2 parts is seriously the best thing that could ever happen. Absolutely humonguous props to Peter Jackson for convincing any movie studio - regardless of the success of the original LotR movies - to make a movie based off of a book into a two-part, big budget film. That could not have been easy to pitch to the studio.

It would've been terrible to try and squeeze all of that lovely detail into one movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddammit now I'm going to be pumped all year waiting for next winter.

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    It just means there'll be more to watch
    And more likely true to the story.

That's what's wrong with trying to make LotR into a movie. Peter Jackson did a great job with the movies but he had to cut so much and change the story just to fit it into 3 movies and those movies were long . . . awesome . . . but long.

The Hobbit is obviously a shorter story, being only one book. And the fact that he's splitting it into two movies makes me hope that its because he wants to be more accurate with this one than he was with LotR.

OH FUUUU! The Hobbit and the end of Christopher Nolan's Batman . . . oh man oh man oh man oh man
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2011-12-24 at 04:27 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Goddammit now I'm going to be pumped all year waiting for next winter.

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 11:26 PM ----------

And more likely true to the story.

That's what's wrong with trying to make LotR into a movie. Peter Jackson did a great job with the movies but he had to cut so much and change the story just to fit it into 3 movies and those movies were long . . . awesome . . . but long.

The Hobbit is obviously a shorter story, being only one book. And the fact that he's splitting it into two movies makes me hope that its because he wants to be more accurate with this one than he was with LotR.

OH FUUUU! The Hobbit and the end of Christopher Nolan's Batman . . . oh man oh man oh man oh man
    i don't think LotR was that long, specially because they didn't feel so, because they were awesome.

does it really need to be a two parter >.<

apart from that I'm excited, I read that book and loved it, though had a bit more trouble with the lord of the rings series. I got lost in the sea of characters to the point the chat stopped making sense. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am super excited for the trailer, but the only thing that bugs me, is that it looks like we are going to learn WAY TOO MANY characters :/ It's like "Simli, Fimli, Gimli, Tompy, Fumpy, Rumpy", not those names, but the names are read like that.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i came after the dwarf song finished
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Very boring trailer in my opinion, nothing to get excited about. Will wait for download.

10+ Year Old Account
    We must away, ere break of day
    To win our harps and gold from him!

My god it's like I'm 10 all over again and gaping at that song after reading it for the first time. How absolutely incredible. I've still got chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I am super excited for the trailer, but the only thing that bugs me, is that it looks like we are going to learn WAY TOO MANY characters :/ It's like "Simli, Fimli, Gimli, Tompy, Fumpy, Rumpy", not those names, but the names are read like that.
    Not too many characters. There are 13 dwarves. Gandalf says "13 is an unlucky number. And Bilbo makes 14" (or something along those lines). He got the names of many of his dwarves from actual dwarf names in norse mythology, from what I read.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The scene where Thorin began to sing instantaneously reminded me of this, by the way... dammit, now I have to rewatch all the movies. Better bunker down for the weekend.

can you imagine bush or obama singing a song like that after a state of the union address lol
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Not too many characters. There are 13 dwarves. Gandalf says "13 is an unlucky number. And Bilbo makes 14" (or something along those lines). He got the names of many of his dwarves from actual dwarf names in norse mythology, from what I read.
    Ya Tolkien grab a lot of his influences from ancient Norse and Germanic mythology. I love it.

Inventing new languages? Pfff no problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    I realy cant wait for ye another master piece of P Jackson altho i doubt it will beat TOLTR it will still be great enough to win some oscars ive seen some behind the scene stuff on youtube and it look great they brought the old settings of The Shire back they went back too New Zealand to build up decors again and are working with a huge team again realy hate that i have to wait 1 year still before it comes out but ill be counting every day off.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait...

I had a dream last nite about Bilbo and Gollum meeting in the cave. Needless to say, it was a wet dream.

omg I can't wait anymore.

What's in the first movie, is it going cut off when they arrive in Esgaroth? And will they show Dol Guldur and Gandalf's siege against it (even though it's not in the book). I hope so....

I am going to guess the 1st movie will end with Goblin Town and Frodo coming across Ghollum and the ring. I could be completely wrong on that part. And I would assume that they would show Dol Guldur is some fashion, as he plans to show what Gandalf was doing when he vanishes from Bilbo and the dwarves.