Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Object from space

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/22...bia/?hpt=hp_c2
    I personally think it may be the aliens way to communicate, a secret gov project, or a hoax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, very most likely, something we lost in space that came back.

Maybe it was from santa's new sleigh? Perhaps he was testing something out and it fell off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Or, very most likely, something we lost in space that came back.
    Most likely this. Space seems to be our garbage dump nowadays. Kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    Save the space whales brooo!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Save the space whales brooo!
    Reminds me of the Courage the Cowardly Dog episode with the space squid that had space squid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlich View Post
    I personally think it may be the aliens way to communicate, a secret gov project, or a hoax.
    they even say metal things falling in the southern hemisphere are not uncommon. its just a piece of one of the many satellites we have in a decaying orbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    Noooo! Don't litter space! IT'S WORSE THAN ANYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE, THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES

The one-year-left-for-your-miserable-planet-warning from the ancient alien overlords was a month early! /tinfoilhat

This also reminds me of that Jimmy Neutron special where a giant space rock lands on Earth and it turns out to be an invitation to an intergalactic game show that adds thousands of channels to your TV set...and if the people who decode the space rock lose the game show then the aliens blow up Earth. I'm looking forward to the alien soap operas!

10+ Year Old Account
    The sphere is a tank used to hold fuel for satelites.

Any google search about any of the other sitings will fill you in on the fact that these have been falling for a number of years now. The reason why it is still in good shape even after going through high temperatures in our atmosphere is because the metals it is made with are used specifically to resist high temperatures such as re-entry into orbit. The fact that it does not appear to be dented/damaged in any way is because of the way the metal is braced together to be able to withstand high velocity impacts such as terminal velocity.

These things fall all the time guys, no clue why this had such a big fuss made over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linked Article
    A large metal ball that fell from space into the Namibian grasslands last month is not alien, officials say, but that's about all they know for certain about the object.

Did anybody else find this funny? Was it a joke by the OP or just not reading the first paragraph?

The amount of junk we leave on orbit is already so high that it poses problems for space travel. Some of this junk i constantly returning to atmosphere, and some are large enough to survive re-entry.
    No markings and a uniform, hollow ball? Most of the junk out there was not designed for re-entry in mind. I'm ready to bet that the object partially melted or at least softened and changed shape during the fall.
    Lets not forget that all the UFO mumbo jumbo was caused by USA governments top secret soviet spying program (classified as hihg as their nuclear program) and was fed by government agencies as a cover story once it started to spread, and I find teh chances of this object being alien extremely slim, even if it didn't explictly say in the article that it was not.

http://fernlea.tripod.com/tank.html

It is a helium tank from the Russian Salyut 7-Cosmos 1686 (Kosmos 1686) spacecraft assembly.

from the comments of the article. looks like it to me. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifematters View Post
    It's too small for that.
    *sigh*

Ignorance is bliss I take it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oprah View Post
    http://fernlea.tripod.com/tank.html

It is a helium tank from the Russian Salyut 7-Cosmos 1686 (Kosmos 1686) spacecraft assembly.

from the comments of the article. looks like it to me. /shrug

- The ball that was found.

- Fuel tank.

It's definitely that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oprah View Post
    *insert soviet Russia joke here*
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post

This also reminds me of that Jimmy Neutron special where a giant space rock lands on Earth and it turns out to be an invitation to an intergalactic game show that adds thousands of channels to your TV set...and if the people who decode the space rock lose the game show then the aliens blow up Earth. I'm looking forward to the alien soap operas!
    I love that episode so much.

It could be something from a space probe that turned back to us or...

Aliens.

seems like you are fully covered in what i might be then...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are loads of things they don´t tell us. Tho, it´s always kinda hard to know what everything is.. specially when there are many "mother fuckers" screwing around with fake footage.

Other example is the SR-71, a 1960 plane, still it reached mach 3+ .... whoever managed to see this in the sky would think it was an ufo when it was a secret plane. Just imagine what they can do nowadays, they proly play with new tech we don´t know. And about contact with aliens... why not? they wouldn´t tell us a shit as it would basically change the world.

Deleted
    http://www.esa.int/esaMI/ESOC/SEMN2VM5NDF_mg_1.html

The space around the Earth is a garbage dump. The amount of space debris ranging from small bits and pieces of destroyed satellites and such to actual working satellites is unfathomable.

http://esamultimedia.esa.int/images/spacecraft-operations/space_debris/Bee-Hive-6_H1.jpg

Some day all of that crap will come raining down on us. Not all at once, of course, but much like this ball right now, one at a time.