Thread: ret pvp

Deleted

ret pvp

hi

i was wondering if any1 has a nice starting guid for a ret paladin

and a fast question: how do i deal with ranged casters ? as they are always running away from me and i cant seem to get close to them

Deleted
    go to arenajunkies.com and you might find just what you need

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepias View Post
    hi

i was wondering if any1 has a nice starting guid for a ret paladin

and a fast question: how do i deal with ranged casters ? as they are always running away from me and i cant seem to get close to them
    Skill, i.e. a lot of experience and practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    Skill, i.e. a lot of experience and practice.
    As stross & dispanda said.

Also sacrifice you children, parents, & siblings to the gods for lucky RNG because it plays just as much of a factor in your potential as skill does.

Lastly I have to ask, are you just starting out in PvP or have you been doing it a while with other classes. If it's the later you could do well with tons of practice & luck but if its the former I would suggest going feral druid (or frankly any other melee with possible exceptions to enhancement shaman) because you will achieve the same rankings with far less effort & far less dependence on RNG.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    The best for the casters is to stun them once close to them, and use any kind of cc breaker if cc:ed by a mage. Once you get close to them it's easy to nuke 'em down.
    Hand of Freedom is a very useful spell also

I'm bored so I might as well post some of the basics, I'm no expert but like I said, its only basic stuff.

Gems
    Gem for Strength as much as possible, if you really want the Gem Stat Bonuses go for mixed stat gems (Purple and Orange), Strength and Hit in the Blue Slots and Strength and either Mastery/Crit/Resilience (depending on whatever you need) in the Yellow Slots.

Stats
    After getting hit capped at 5% and Expertise capped at 10 (you get an additional 10 expertise from the Seal of Truth Glyph) you should get as much Strength as possible, don't bother with Haste for PvP as it's more worth going for either Mastery or Crit, I am personally going for Mastery but Crit seems to be the favored Stat this Season.

Glyphs
    For Prime Glyphs; Templar's Verdict and Seal of Truth I would say are both required, some good options for a third Prime Glyph could either be Word of Glory, Crusader Strike or Exorcism.

For Major Glyphs; Hammer of Justice and Turn Evil are both very nice to have, some good options for a third Major Glyph could either be Hammer of Wrath, Rebuke, Cleansing or Ascetic Crusader.

For Minor Glyphs go for Blessing of Kings/Might, Seal of Truth and Seal of Justice.

Talents
    This is what I am using; http://wowtal.com/#k=_m9MvcA5.b0w.paladin.Rje6uM

You may switch Protector of the Innocent with Judgements of the Pure in the Holy tree if you feel like it.

You can also choose not to spec in Divine Storm and put that point in either 2/3 Art of War or 2/2 Acts of Sacrifice, you can also skip Guardian's Favor and put those points in either 3/3 Art of War or 2/3 Art of War and 2/2 Acts of Sacrifice, or alternately skip both Guardian's Favor and Divine Storm and max out both Art of War and Acts of Sacrifice. It really comes down to preference.

Enchants
    Most Enchants are pretty straight forward, hower, you should get a Pyrium Weapon Chain for your weapon, this is more or less required as both your hardest hitting attacks and primary means of Holy Power generation both require a weapon to be equipped.

In a 1v1 situation you will have a hard time with kiting classes, especially mages, against any decent mage your Freedom will get removed almost instantly so try to use it in a situation where you are applying pressure on the mage or when you are already in melee range and they are very likely to use Frost Nova/Cone of Cold/Pet Nova.

That's all I got really, hopefully some of it was to any help.

Deleted
    Get 2 pieces of T13...trust me.

(perferably chest and legs, altho shoulders are also good - go for helm and/or gloves if nothing else drops)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Scarecrow- View Post
    I am personally going for Mastery but Crit seems to be the favored Stat this Season.

For Major Glyphs; Hammer of Justice and Turn Evil are both very nice to have, some good options for a third Major Glyph could either be Hammer of Wrath, Rebuke, Cleansing or Ascetic Crusader.
    First off thought I would point out why crit is liked by so many. While it does add more burst albeit unpredictable burst it stacks extremely well with the talents rule of law & last word, so well in fact it can almost guarantee a critical WOG cast on an ally under 30% health if your decently geared.

Secondly I thought I would mention that the Glyph for divine protection should never be underestimated, if your fighting allot of caster teams it can be a life saver.
    Also the Glyph of cleansing can be immensely helpful because it will provide another few snare removals before you risk running low on mana & helps you reach your target.
    (side note, why blizzard doesn't allow cleanse to remove all snares with one cast when used on self is just beyond stupid. It's not like most snares can't be spammed anyway & even then there are root's & tons of CC chains.)

---------- Post added 2011-12-24 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Get 2 pieces of T13...trust me.

(perferably chest and legs, altho shoulders are also good - go for helm and/or gloves if nothing else drops)
    This can be good for some situations but bad in others.

for instance if your facing a team with tons of CC, Snares & kiting potential etc... like RMP then this won't do nearly as much good because you & or your healer will get locked down allot. In a situation like that the extra resilience you would have from the 4 set is a must have.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-12-24 at 10:18 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I find that the Divine Protection glyph and cleansing glyph are mandatory. 17/30 specs in-game can and will dispel your Freedom. And 1 of them can use it against you. Cleanse can and should be used when you're fighting an enemy mage or you know their other slows/roots are on CD.

With the ability to get ~5k resil this season and the fact that you have a crap ton of armor as a plate class, Divine Protection is best as a magic resister CD as it is 1 min and you can use it when any caster tries to burst you down. 40% magic reduction is Effing amazing for Retribution.