Page 1 of 2
LastLast

so far so good ?

How are you guys enjoying SWtoR so far ?
    They know how to milk the cow.

Very much.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

I was enjoying myself, but now I'm stuck at level 32 currently and on Taris. All the quests I have are 34/35+ and I finished Alderaan.

The quests feel really linear, I'd like to have more planet choices to level on. Like I currently hate playing my Assassin main, but I cannot bring myself to level another toon, because I'll be forced to repeat the same tedious quests.

I could go do the flashpoints I suppose, but that means running all the way back to my ship... and waiting on the length loading screens and getting to the Imperial Fleet. Then I have to spend 10-20 minutes finding a group... So it kinda just isn't worth the time.

I know a lot of people hate on WoW because of flying mounts, LFD tool and everything else. But seriously does anyone find it fun spending 20 minutes to find a group? Really? Do you enjoy getting dismounted when a mob you got too close to shoots you? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    I was enjoying myself, but now I'm stuck at level 32 currently and on Taris. All the quests I have are 34/35+ and I finished Alderaan.

The quests feel really linear, I'd like to have more planet choices to level on. Like I currently hate playing my Assassin main, but I cannot bring myself to level another toon, because I'll be forced to repeat the same tedious quests.

I could go do the flashpoints I suppose, but that means running all the way back to my ship... and waiting on the length loading screens and getting to the Imperial Fleet. Then I have to spend 10-20 minutes finding a group... So it kinda just isn't worth the time.

I know a lot of people hate on WoW because of flying mounts, LFD tool and everything else. But seriously does anyone find it fun spending 20 minutes to find a group? Really? Do you enjoy getting dismounted when a mob you got too close to shoots you? No.
    Did you do any Nar Shaddaa quests? I got sent back to Nar Shaddaa for a couple of levels after Alderaan before I got sent to Taris. Not sure if that's just a Sith Warrior thing or not.

It's good. Flash points are faceroll easy, which is disappointing, but I have fairly high hopes for endgame.

I did Nar Shaddaa > Tatooine > alderaan & i'm 37 right now, without doing any flashpoints.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    Quite a bit, there's a few minor and major issues I have with the game but all in all I consider it probably one of the very few MMOs with clear potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Did you do any Nar Shaddaa quests? I got sent back to Nar Shaddaa for a couple of levels after Alderaan before I got sent to Taris. Not sure if that's just a Sith Warrior thing or not.
    Any quests I find on NS are grey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd played the beta a bit but never really had the drive to really get into it. Buddy finally talked me into buying the game on the 21st and once I actually had time to dedicate to the game... well. I'm having a hard time justifying my 1-year WoW contract atm lol

Launch has had it's hangups, but it's gone a lot better than Alganon or Allod's launch so I'm not complaining.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

There is a Nar Shaddaa bonus series starting from an imperial soldier in the spaceport. They are level 31 quests.

My class quest sent me to a section in the southwestern corner of the world map, which had other general L31ish quests. I didn't get to Taris until level 33.

EDIT: What Aphorism said.

Level 41 with ~4.5 days play time (~110 hours).

Getting addicted to it, not good!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    There is a Nar Shaddaa bonus series starting from an imperial soldier in the spaceport. They are level 31 quests.
    Found it. Confused me because the pre-quest is lvl 25.

Found it. Confused me because the pre-quest is lvl 25.
    Yeah it confused me too. lol But that quest series should get you at least a level or two then you can continue with Taris.

Deleted
    Kinda. Its mostly good fun but i have a few things really bother me in this game.

Crafting. It sounded good on paper but i hate it so far. I guess all my issues stem for only having one companion thus far. A whole minute to make one green item then three minutes to make a blue item and five minutes to make an epic item. Why? Just to balance out when you have a few guys making stuff for you? I need my guy to quest. I like to do crafting as i level but so far upto level 18 i only have one companion that you pretty much need due to ever non elite mob you run into comes in packs. Plus my reverse engineering icon keeps vanishing. I had to make 6 medkits to RE to get the blue one. I then had to make 7 of them to RE to get the epic one. Thats alot of standing about doing nothing just to get one item. Dont get me started on sending him out for 8 mins only to fail and have nothing to show for it. Guys in chat were talking about wait till hes gone for an hour and fails. Cant wait!

PvP. Piss was being ripped when they came up with this system. I jumped in at level 12 for the first time. I got the one when you have to shoot down the empire ship with the 3 cannon. I look at my team. Ah a level 19 guy sweet. Oh a level 10 guy. Ack one wont hurt. Oh hello a level 32 guy. Thats a bit odd. I went left with the level 10 guy while every one else went to the middle. We take the cannon and before long we see a bad guy running our way. Have at ye foul sith!! Oh you seem to be level 47. He turned us into dog food in about 30 seconds. I know we were technically the same level if i understannd the bolster mechanic but at the speed he killed us i guess he popped some cooldowns i wont see for 30 more levels and used skills i wont get for 20 levels. Again i like to pvp a bit while leveling when bored of questing. I wont be doing that in this game sadly.

Immersion. Its what this game is all about. Now dont get me wrong while running about and questing its almost always great. What i really hate is when i ran into the one of the cantinas on coruscant. It was a big WTF moment for me. I see a guy talking to a clone of himself while another clone of him walked past. Looking around the cantina i see 20 more of the same guy. Out of the 40 odd people in there i saw about 4 or 5 different guys. Pretty cheap going really.

I will have to see what life at max level is like before i see if the game has legs for me. It will remain an interesting diversion from Rift just now tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Crafting. It sounded good on paper but i hate it so far. I guess all my issues stem for only having one companion thus far.
    Yeah, I hated it too until I got my ship. The ship comes with a droid, which you can send out on missions and crafting. It's MUCH better when you don't have to send your fighting companion. I'm up to three companions doing my dirty work at a time now and I love it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    my only complaint so far is watching morons run around with ridiculous names like "Noobslayer" and "Oblivion" and "Astrocreep". seriously, people, what are you thinking?!?

while I'm on the subject, there is a famous-name filter, right? shouldn't see any Skywalkers or Qui-Gons running around? I did see a Katarn, but that should get wiped as soon as someone reports it, I'd think...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Deleted

How about opening your spellbook and using your fleet beacon or whatever it's called (with a day cooldown) to instantly get ported back to the fleet? And I don't know where you are playing if it takes 20 minutes to find a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I'm not disappointed at all. I was hesitant to try it myself never being a real "hard" scifi fan , being female . and the fact than an upgrade to run it would be pretty costly. But much to my surprise Santa did my upgrade and placed SWTOR on my desk...he even installed it with the help of some elves .I have really enjoyed what little I've been able to play. I'm still a bit lost in it...think I'm only like level 10. But half the fun IS the learning your footing.

10+ Year Old Account
    im having alot of fun. sadly though i feel like 90% of that fun is coming from it being a new game. ill have to wait and see how i feel once i hit level cap.