Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question What do you dislike and like about the game so far?

From all the leaked and revealed information and gameplay released for Guild wars 2, what do you dislike and like about the game so far?

What I dislike about the game so far would be the instant traveling. I haven't played Guild wars 1, but I find this just boring and it kind of takes away the feel of exploration. I think it would of been a great idea to bring ground mounts in Guild wars 2, and maybe a few that one can charm just like rangers can do for pets. Or if you want to go to a further area, then it could be like in WoW where you find a flight master, though I do not want flying mounts. Hopefully they will change the instant travel dilemma but I wouldn't be too let down if they didn't, because it is close to no chance that this system will be modified or removed. Another thing I'm a bit worried about is the fact that there are only 3 dungeons, but I have a feeling this will obviously change.

Besides that I am really happy with the game. What I really like is the fact that there will be no over-populated profession, all professions seem they are going to be equally balanced out. The Mesmer hype won't last long so I wouldn't be too worried about that. I also like the new combat and skill system better than any other MMO. It gives a better feel without being overwhelmed with useless skills and talents that just waste space. Another thing I honestly really love is that there are NO SPECIFIC ROTATIONS! So you could use your class how you want to without being harassed or getting kicked out of groups or dungeons.

Well that's what I like and dislike about the game, if there are numerous reasons then point-form sentences would be helpful, thanks
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Another thing I'm a bit worried about is the fact that there are only 3 dungeons, but I have a feeling this will obviously change.
    "At the time of this writing, we have eight dungeons in Tyria. They are not beginner's content; the earliest of them requires characters who've reached level 35.
    Each of our dungeons is divided into story and explorable versions. The story version of each dungeon comes first, and completing it unlocks the ability to run the explorable version. In turn, the explorable versions of the dungeons have several options (usually three), each of which creates a different set of challenges and goals in the game. So, when we say that there are currently eight dungeons, we really mean there are thirty-two dungeons, as each dungeon has a story version and three explorable versions."

I hope that clears things up.
    I don't have anything to dislike on. It all sounds too good to be true.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-12-24 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    "At the time of this writing, we have eight dungeons in Tyria. They are not beginner's content; the earliest of them requires characters who've reached level 35."

I don't have anything to dislike on.
    Wow I am late on that one
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I am going to play SW:TOR and I hope once GW2 comes out I can just switch over. I have more envy for GW2 but it's going to come out in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to look pretty deeply to find anything and the only thing I could find was the fact that there are loading screens that separate zones. That's it and it's minor.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I had to look pretty deeply to find anything and the only thing I could find was the fact that there are loading screens that separate zones. That's it and it's minor.
    That's also in the demo and likely wont be there at release =D

As for me... the only thing i dislike at the moment is i feel that the capital cities will feel to... safe...I would like to see bandits or something sack a few merchants/ crafting trainers in some rare event, or centaurs taking over a district, but if they don't i wont be distraught, or even minorly annoyed lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

The UI looks awful so far. But what does it matter if most have no experience with the actual gameplay? So those are purely superficial things at this point for me.

From all the leaked and revealed information and gameplay released for Guild wars 2, what do you dislike and like about the game so far?

What I dislike about the game so far would be the instant traveling. I haven't played Guild wars 1, but I find this just boring and it kind of takes away the feel of exploration. I think it would of been a great idea to bring ground mounts in Guild wars 2, and maybe a few that one can charm just like rangers can do for pets. Or if you want to go to a further area, then it could be like in WoW where you find a flight master, though I do not want flying mounts. Hopefully they will change the instant travel dilemma but I wouldn't be too let down if they didn't, because it is close to no chance that this system will be modified or removed.
    just wondering whats the difference between the flight master system in wow and the instant travel system only instant instead of sitting on a bird for 5 mins? you still have to get to the place first I believe.

anyway my dislikes are either petty or UI
    1.) guardians can't dual wield swords (otherwise I would make guardian my main class :P)
    2.) I think you should be able to invite more then 5 ppl in open world content

nothing that i can say i dislike from videos etc, playing the game i may find some things, the only things that scare me about the game are things that could happen. The one thing that would switch me off buying this is a lfg system, if they put that in especally with the sever wide 3 way battles, which are there to promote people on each sever banding together, i think i would just stop following the game, unless the pve content was truely out of this world.

Personally i will have 6 friends or so to play the 5 man content with , so i will always have a full team to go for the hardest content, but the lfg system is just such a community destroyer in my opinion i dont think i could play a game that has it

No mounts. I am the type of weird person who loves mounts for the thought of having a trusty steed carrying me around and exploring the world together...for example in Red Dead Redemption, where the horses are NEEDED, but also a HUGE part of the gameplay and quality of traveling...there are better and worse horses, but in the end none is extremely rare or special...they're just horses.

The fact that when it's close to release, we'll see the SWTOR-crap all over again..."Lol u WoW players bettah watch out nowz ur game gunna die trololo".

Despite their efforts, I'm sure it'll require quite heavy machines to run. I mean, LOOK at it...

That's the things I dislike. What I do like:

No nonsense crafting (WoW really needs to change on this)

No Mounts. Sure, this might seem contradicting myself, but it's actually a matter of IF there being mounts, they should all be available to everyone and ONLY a means of transportation...in WoW mounts have become something to e-peen over and I quite frankly do not want to see that in this game. If they'd allow mounts, there should be one type per race and maybe profession specific ones...no rare drops, no meta achievement mounts...

No grinding, according to what they say.

5-man dungeons being instanced endgame. I can play ONLY with friends.

No holy trinity. I adore this in WoW, but for me to play a new MMORPG, I need it to be different.

No sub fee. I can play both my big games and save money at the same time.

Character customization

The option to name your character as you want. No more one-name or writtentogethernames.

The style. I hated Rift, not digging SWTOR and even though I adore the Warcraft universe and the cartoony style, it's nice that GW2 will LOOK different as well.

World events scaling with people around, no griefing allowed.

Everyone takes care of everyone INCLUDING themselves. No more "omg this healer SUCKS!!!".

The developers enthusiasm for it. You can tell this is not just riding on an old, watered brand or made entirely to earn big cash and then accept a decline...they CARE about their game, and us players.

So far I'm not sure how the ranger pets will be. Will we see overdimensioned birds? I really want a raven or falcon pet that sits on me shoulder or arm...it's always bugged me that in WoW, an eagle is as big as a bear, or a fox is just the same size and animations as a wolf...and the wolves either snarl contanstly, or run like they having hip dysplasia (worgs...and believe me, they do). So far, the pets have looked amazing...but I thought so about WoW pets at the beginning as well and as time gone by I've just annoyed myself more and more about their lack of detail and the no-planning behind them. Yes, I know...I am very anal and I have embraced it.

So...to make it PERFECT in every way for me, all they really need to do is make realistic pets in terms of size differences, animations and overall looks...with that covered, then only the top dislike reasons remain.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2011-12-24 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    just wondering whats the difference between the flight master system in wow and the instant travel system only instant instead of sitting on a bird for 5 mins? you still have to get to the place first I believe.

anyway my dislikes are either petty or UI
    1.) guardians can't dual wield swords (otherwise I would make guardian my main class :P)
    2.) I think you should be able to invite more then 5 ppl in open world content
    The difference is that one can still feel some sense of traveling and exploration, such as hovering over an area never seen before, or over mountains with hidden easter eggs, etc.

---------- Post added 2011-12-24 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No mounts
    The fact that when it's close to release, we'll see the SWTOR-crap all over again..."Lol u WoW players bettah watch out nowz ur game gunna die trololo".
    Despite their efforts, I'm sure it'll require quite heavy machines to run. I mean, LOOK at it...

That's the things I dislike. What I do like:

No nonsense crafting (WoW really needs to change on this)
    No Mounts. Sure, this might seem contradicting myself, but it's actually a matter of IF there being mounts, they should all be available to everyone and ONLY a means of transportation...in WoW mounts have become something to e-peen over and I quite frankly do not want to see that in this game. If they'd allow mounts, there should be one type per race and maybe profession specific ones...no rare drops, no meta achievement mounts....
    What I meant about the mounts is that I do not want them to become a whole new trend like in World of warcraft, but just either every profession or race gets a mount, and you stick with that mount throughout the whole game. Though a system that requires to charm/tame a mount would be efficient and unique as well, the bigger/harder mounts will need to be weakened before, etc.

Hard to judge the "no mounts" thing. Mount collecting isn't my thing, but I can't tell how compact zones will be nor how quickly we can move in GW2. In a game like SW:TOR mounts are not too big a deal I feel because the zones/hubs are very dense making objective A not too burdensome a walk from Objective B. Which you are headed in the direction of anyway...

Just hope we don't walk slow like in Warcraft. That would piss me off... :[
    Last edited by Fencers; 2011-12-24 at 11:16 PM.

My only complaints so far are:

• The lack of a current custom emote command for RPers
    • The bright glow that surrounds highlighted players/NPCs/items

Otherwise I'm really looking forwards to it, especially the combat system. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hard to judge the "no mounts" thing. Mount collecting isn't my thing, but I can;t tell how compact zones will be nor how quickly we can move in GW2. In a game like SW:TOR mounts are not too big a deal I feel because the zones/hubs are very dense making objective A not too burdensome a walk from Objective B. Which you are headed in the direction of anyway...

Just hope we don't walk slow like in Warcraft. That would piss me off... :[
    Actually, I'd be happy with a mount that's attuned to your characters story and you could customize...one that'd stay with you. In RDR, I usually use the Dutch Warmblood, OR the horse I get assigned to me at the start of the game despite of there being much faster/stronger mounts later on...I love it to be "personal" for the character. And I wouldn't mind if the mount would run at the same speed as the character either. It'd be a bit more depth, that's all. And I quite frankly have NEVER liked the idea of a character being able to run great distances without even stopping...it's just not real enough.

In WoW, mounts is something you collect like a crazy cat lady...with huge mounts...and they're for fast travel/skipping content. I however do love my mounts and I think it's sad to just have them appear in a puff of smoke, and go away just as easily.
    In GW2, I'd love there to be A mount, THE mount, for your character. Obviously it would have to be earned in a profession appropriate way and then you'd grow together...no running to a vendor and paying for it. It could be a choice made by you what animal to pursue for a mount and trusty companion. Obviously it would have to be the appropriate size and species...no riding around on turtles or dragons.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2011-12-24 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I like?

Everything.

What I dislike?

It's not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna;
    I don't think this is true. The game has great art direction but looking at the screenshots the polygon count does not seem particularly high. Also the demos over the summer were run on a GTX 460 which is only a $150 video card. With more optimization it should run even better before the game is launched. So the game could very well be maxed out at 1080p with only a Radeon 5770.

As for me I don't like the 5-man dungeon limit. I would prefer the dungeons scale from 5-8 man increasing in difficulty with each person. Only 5 people is low and I can see having to leave a friend out because of the player limit. Having the dungeons scale would give more flexibility and decrease the chance of someone being left out.

I have also not seen many videos where dodging was really utilized often. This is concerning as I really want dodging to be a key part of playing successfully.

Deleted
    What I dislike? Haven't seen anything yet.

What I like? Basically everything I've seen, and the Thief proffession, oh my f***ing god, and the "Unload" spell, amazingm just amazing. Gonna have a good time DW pistols with my thief =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drifting1 View Post
    I don't think this is true. The game has great art direction but looking at the screenshots the polygon count does not seem particularly high.
    This is actually pretty important. People constantly confuse quality of graphics with art style. You may enjoy TOR's graphics more, or GW2's, but that doesn't say anything about which is better from a technical point of view. Personally, I think GW2 looks very nice from an artistic point of view, but I'm less than impressed with the actual level of complexity that went into the graphics quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UI looks awful so far. But what does it matter if most have no experience with the actual gameplay? So those are purely superficial things at this point for me.
    You really think so? I find it to be one of the very few UIs I actually like.

Deleted
    What I dislike about the game so far would be the instant traveling. I haven't played Guild wars 1, but I find this just boring and it kind of takes away the feel of exploration.
    That's not really something to worry about, since people who walk to their waypoints and explore on the way will be rewarded, and people who fast travel with way points won't get rewarded. And to be honest, I take this fast travel system any day than World of Warcraft's flypaths, or flymounts.

For me myself I can't actually find anythig that I dislike, I take everything with open arms, and we'll see if I dislike anything when I have played the game for some time.

Everything feels perfect at the moment.

I think it's a nice change from current MMO's and their World of Warcraft copy, this one feels, and looks good.