Buying Digital Copy?

So I rather like buying digital copies of games that I own, much like how Steam and Blizzard do their service. I'm just curious on if there was any news if Anet would also implement this into their service if I should be worrying about a hard copy or is it find to just get it digital. Also, if I got a hard copy, would I also still be able to get the information digitally?

I'm not necessarily assuming many or if any one knows this exactly, but it's definitely on my wish list from this game.
    Last edited by lllBlackSunlll; 2011-12-25 at 08:13 PM.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy all GW1 versions and xpacs from Steam, so it seems inevitable that you should at be able to buy GW2 there too. The big question is though, will you be able to for buy it from steam for launch day or not. The dev's have been asked before, but they said it's not their area and they have no idea.

I think they wil be smart about it and make digital copy available on the day of release to maximize profit, since most ppl wont be able to get the hard copy becouse of their location ..

i for 1 bought wow Xpac online . Cataclysm hit the stores here in egypt ( and only in virgin ) 3-5 monthes late -.-

Deleted
    I think it will be available online.

And I'm kinda sure you get your digital version available too when you buy the hard copy.
    At least in gw1 you did, if I remember correctly.

Personally I'll be going for hard copy (preferably Collector's Edition), I hate downloading large files with slow download speed, but who doesn't? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I hate downloading large files with slow download speed, but who doesn't? :P

try having a maximum 100 kb/s speed and DL ing cata ..

am in for a treat with Guild wars 2 ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    Reminds me of the old days of 56k dialup when I downloaded a 700mb iso from Gnutella @ 5KBps with auto disconnects every 5 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post

am in for a treat with Guild wars 2 ..
    100kb/s O.O give! I can barely get to 80 and that's when no ones on the internet at all -.-

OT: I will be getting a physical copy 1 due to my super slow download and because I always prefer having the disc on me than on a account online and that's a reason I dislike using steam.
    Last edited by mmoc42747a85ed; 2011-12-25 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Let's see just how many companies try to cockblock them selling it on Steam for release day. Honestly, with all the weird acts that have gone on this year, i wouldn't be surprised to see some publisher claiming copyright infringement, or one of them trying to convince either Steam to not sell it, or ArenaNet to not use Steam.
    I hope not... That would be mildly irritating. I like having all of my games organized on Steam. I'm hoping that since GW1 is available via Steam, they'll let us do the same with GW2, but like you said, it's up in the air.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    well with GW1 you can just download the client directly off their website... all you need at that point is a working account, dont even need steam
    I would imagine gw2 the same way
    However, i also imagine 1kb/s as everyone downloading the client at the same time
    (Also I'd personally rather get a physical copy as stupid data cap)

Edit: To poster above, I dont know if you already do this but in steam you can add other .exe files into your library to make it one nice and easy list (I see a lot of people on my friends list say "Now playing world of warcraft")

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aion is on steam now too. Also I didn't know they had internet speeds so slow still around. Anyways games I've been following I always love to get the hard copy, when it's a game I don't care about I get the digital copy. So I wouldn't be surprised if the box contained a steam key aswell.

Deleted
    I hope so. I love steam, I have all my games there! <3

And miss out the amazing artbook? No way, Box version it is!