Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR Casuals and epic facepalm

Face it, we all know what the term "casual" is synonymous with, so i'll refer to this situation with the term "casual"

So to be clear, I only gear my 2 mains in DS heroic, now that we are 5/8 heroic DS.

I do however occasionally join LFR with a few guild buddies now and then to get a good laugh, and gear alts. Today was especially laughable because some "casual" was defending the "casuals" who were afk, and pulling less than 10k dps. I mean seriously, doesnt the "casual" community get irritated at seeing this? I mean if you cant pull 10k+ dps just auto attacking, something is seriously wrong and you shouldnt be in even LOLFR. How can you stand when people go afk, dps is below tanks, and 2 healers are pulling the rest of the healers weight?

Is this your pinnacle of "seeing content"? Is this what you have been wanting all these years?

I literally facepalmed when this particular LFR group couldnt manage to kill warlord after 4 attempts. My buddies and I just left the "casuals" to face their EPIC content.

Anyone else have LFR woes?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2011-12-26 at 09:21 AM.

So...the thread is about bad LFR experiences?

If it is i will say i had my share of some face palm moments however they did not last long. I've never been in a group that would struggle greatly on a boss and in the event that we wipe we just rez up and kill the boss the next go around. But i will also add that the groups i were in were very quick to kick people who were not performing to a group standard, kinda crazy sometimes cause you'll get in a situation where you'll be constantly getting new people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    So...the thread is about bad LFR experiences?

If it is i will say i had my share of some face palm moments however they did not last long. I've never been in a group that would struggle greatly on a boss and in the event that we wipe we just rez up and kill the boss the next go around. But i will also add that the groups i were in were very quick to kick people who were not performing to a group standard, kinda crazy sometimes cause you'll get in a situation where you'll be constantly getting new people.
    Well yeah, you kick the bads if they are causing and contributing to wipes (aka low dps, afkers, suck ass healers). The good players have enough of a time carrying everyone else. The problem with my situation was there was some douche telling the raid not to kick the bad players, And the other bads listened to him.. and the wipe fest continued... /facepalm

Deleted
    so 90% wow players are bads dumb people and you +0.5% hardcorewannabies are so PRO that needs to QQ about LFR when gearing alts /facepalm

imho HC raiders = nolifers nerds doing some PVE script bosses trololol

Let's keep this civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-12-26 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Face it, we all know what the term "casual" is synonymous with, so i'll refer to this situation with the term "casual"

So to be clear, I only gear my 2 mains in DS heroic, now that we are 5/8 heroic DS.

I do however occasionally join LFR with a few guild buddies now and then to get a good laugh, and gear alts. Today was especially laughable because some "casual" was defending the "casuals" who were afk, and pulling less than 10k dps. I mean seriously, doesnt the "casual" community get irritated at seeing this? I mean if you cant pull 10k+ dps just auto attacking, something is seriously wrong and you shouldnt be in even LOLFR. How can you stand when people go afk, dps is below tanks, and 2 healers are pulling the rest of the healers weight?

Is this your pinnacle of "seeing content"? Is this what you have been wanting all these years?

I literally facepalmed when this particular LFR group couldnt manage to kill warlord after 4 attempts. My buddies and I just left the "casuals" to face their EPIC content.

Anyone else have LFR woes?
    Oh noes, a bad pug experience, this totally started in LFR, because you know, THIS is where it started, I must have been hallucinating when In vanilla, there were tons of afks in pugs, or in BC with Fail groups, or in Wrath with fail groups.

LFR started this! THIS ABOMINATION CAUSED ALL THATS WRONG!

DIE LFR DIE

Mate who cares.... You can go into LFR with 10 people doing their job and downing it.... Just get over it.... Rejoice in the fact that 9/10 u wont ever see them people again

afk during a raid, even LFR, isn't casual. that's fail.

having said that, i've been a hard core raider since BC. I went through it all, except sunwell. and yes, i'm fully in favor of the LFR. people should get to see this great content and not just watch it on lame youtube videos. you can say your shit don't stink all you want, but they're paying money to play this game too. maybe if you were willing to pay MORE money to keep the game elite that's what they would do.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really shouldn't complain about LFR OP. I mean really It's LFR need I say more?

There are lots of hardcore raiders with 1/8 heroic progression
    There are lots of casual raiders with 6/8 heroic progression

Long story short about the word 'casual'

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Can't wait until christmas vacation is over and school is back in
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by pala View Post
    so 90% wow players are bads dumb people and you +0.5% hardcorewannabies are so PRO that needs to QQ about LFR when gearing alts /facepalm

imho HC raiders = nolifers nerds doing some PVE script bosses trololol
    lol, alot of your HC Raiders excel in PVP as well, and alot of these hardcore raiders have a life that nobody else expects :P

can casuals are not necessarily bad imo, there are alot of so called raiders who suck in everything, and there are alot of PVP players that can get off scripted fire on the ground as well

bads are bads, there is no certain group in society associated with them. they are just what they are, bads

Deleted
    last time i was /Afk on LFR ultraxion, i ended 9th in dmg done boss fight doing autoattack

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    kick the bads
    I'm so tired of hearing these buzz words. Can't people complain about other players without using the word "bads" or "baddies"? Seriously, it makes you sound like a sissy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    I'm so tired of hearing these buzz words. Can't people complain about other players without using the word "bads" or "baddies"? Seriously, it makes you sound like a sissy.
    Bads are bad. So we call them bad.

Honestly I don't know what's worse. AKFing in raids or going onto mmo and creating a thread to let people know you're 6/8 in DS heroic. One is being distracted, the other is just revealing to the world how much your self-esteem relies on success in a computer game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    Honestly I don't know what's worse. AKFing in raids or going onto mmo and creating a thread to let people know you're 6/8 in DS heroic. One is being distracted, the other is just revealing to the world how much your self-esteem relies on success in a computer game.....
    He is 5/8, on two characters.

He is a god, and should not have to associate with lower class citizens, for his valor points, I mean thats ALL he could be there for, he obviously doesnt need gear, so blizzard should just credit his account with 500 VP a week, for his troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    eh this dude is known too like stroking his hugely inflated e-peen on these forum, report and move on
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sielson View Post
    unfortunately on these forums bas are bads, so we call them casuals? :P

regarding my playtime, i'm anything but casual, i play many many hours per day, but my raid progress is only 5/8 normal (i'm also not bad, i just like playing with a set of friends, and to play with them means playing with a bunch of less than adequately skilled people, so progress is stunted)

but yeah, casuals are casual, bads are casual, some casuals are bads, not all casuals are bad

it's like holland, go to holland and you're in the netherlands, go to the netherlands and you ain't neccesarily in holland

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sielson View Post
    Sheep are sheep. Baaah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a few "special" LFR encounters while doing it with some buddies of mine. We're by all means casual (just got to normal Madness the other day) but we try to take the normal mode raiding as seriously as we can while keeping Mumble lively and full of laughs.

But, I believe that if there's something in the game that you cannot stand, that you should just not do it. It was put in there so everyone has a way to see these fights Blizz creates (to some degree anyway). It was most certainly NOT made for elitist pricks to walk in and call people pathetic players for underperformance. After a series of wipes, if the boss cannot be downed for some reason figure out the problem and vote kick. Nothing needs to be said about a player's aptitude. I've been seeing waaaaay too much of this since it was released.

On a more fun note, when I do Spine on alts with my friends in LFR, we make it a goal to purposely wipe the raid with a barrel roll just once. Although it's incredibly funny to watch 15-20 people go soaring off of Deathwing's back, I look at it as an educational experience for those who actually want to take the mechanics seriously. People tend to tunnel vision when doing certain things in a boss fight, mostly the DPS. If you die, you'll want to know why. People will be shouting in chat to "STAND IN THE FCKING MIDDLE TO KILL THE TENDON AND WE WON'T DIE" or something to that effect. People then pay attention to where they stand and wa-lah. That's the idea anyway.

We call it "Barrel-trolling". I can safely say that after the first intentional roll, it never happens again even if my buddies try to roll him a second time. People usually seem to stick tightly in the middle of his back. ^__^

But more OT, I think LFR needs to be viewed more as a guide on learning HOW to raid instead of some place to pop into and expect great and amazing things from. That's my two cents anyhow.