Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Are there any good free mmos?

I just quit wow because 4.3 was a let down and the new xpack looks dull. Are there any free mmos out there that are good other than LoL (bad experiences with LoL). I need something to kill some free time. MW3 is gettin old...

SWTOR, but it's not free.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOTRO is F2P

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    its the most expensive game currently on the market. it shouldnt be near this thread.

OT: Try Bf3 its like MW but takes skill.
    Last edited by Hitmachine; 2011-12-26 at 03:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In February Aion will become free to play.

Deleted
    No. Also, LoL isn't an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    I just quit wow because 4.3 was a let down and the new xpack looks dull. Are there any free mmos out there that are good other than LoL (bad experiences with LoL). I need something to kill some free time. MW3 is gettin old...
    League of Legends is not a MMO ffs.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    bad choice of words. free "games" lol

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    League of Legends is not a MMO ffs.
    ok ok jeeezz. Games that are F2P

10+ Year Old Account
    city of heroes is fun, it's a lot different from WoW, but last i checked still really hard to solo anything. :/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Runescape.
    Well, atleast it's free.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    In February Aion will become free to play.
    And is hardly worth it even in f2p. Time is money!

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    So...did you just HAVE to bring up SW:tOR? Would it have killed you to not mention it? Do you see people mentioning WoW?

On topic, both Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons are online. I have a little experience with both games - LotRO is a lot like WoW, while Dungeons and Dragons Online uses a more action oriented combat system. Both are pretty good games, both worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    So...did you just HAVE to bring up SW:tOR? Would it have killed you to not mention it? Do you see people mentioning WoW?
    I want to play that so bad...Im gunna try it at my buddys house first and if its not worth the $60 initial then im not doing it. So it has to be REALLY good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Not according to www.mmorpg.com =]: http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...om-Awards.html

Give lotr a go. 3rd best mmo i've played.

While there seems to be the attention of a few here, then I would like to chime in with my own variation on the question.
    Can anyone recommend a free to play child-friendly MMO, one funded by optional extras rather than a subscription which unlocks the content.
    My newphew was playing the Lego Universe MMO which while being advertised as free to play was in fact rather limited in the accessible content, a wall he hit pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    I want to play that so bad...Im gunna try it at my buddys house first and if its not worth the $60 initial then im not doing it. So it has to be REALLY good.
    its pretty much exactly like WoW but alot more expensive. if you want to a quality mmo wait till the middle of next year a bunch of breath taking titles
    are being launched.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    While there seems to be the attention of a few here, then I would like to chime in with my own variation on the question.
    Can anyone recommend a free to play child-friendly MMO, one funded by optional extras rather than a subscription which unlocks the content.
    My newphew was playing the Lego Universe MMO which while being advertised as free to play was in fact rather limited in the accessible content, a wall he hit pretty quickly.
    Idk how little he is but Club Penguin gave some entertainment to my little sister back in the day. Otherwise play runescape. Runescape is f2p and u can get the f2p skills up to max level. some skills however are locked for f2p unless u want to pay the $5 a month. But the majority of them are accessible. You just cant get some of the armors that p2p members can get. Also, the majority of the members are under 13 so its very child friendly and easy to play.

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmachine View Post
    its pretty much exactly like WoW but alot more expensive. if you want to a quality mmo wait till the middle of next year a bunch of breath taking titles
    are being launched.
    Any titles you had in mind that you heard were commin out then?
    Last edited by BRO90X; 2011-12-26 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    bloodlinechampions.com

Try it, it's very unforgiving though, you can get it through steam as well irrc.