Exclamation Need help from Experienced Warriors

Hey guys, my guild has asked me to Re-roll my Warrior as my main a week ago since we have none at all in our roster for Raiding. I've been doing my own research online for rotations, gearing, etc. And have decided upon staying Fury, since I got two of the 2h's off Deathwing. Below I will provide a link to my Armory, and hope you guys can give me some great advice on my spec/gear/enchants/gemming/reforging. I take professional and constructive criticism very seriously, so please help me out the best you can.

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%9Famf/simple

A quick note I'd like to point out; Yes I understand I'm missing a gem and enchant on my cape, I bought it before going away for the Holiday.

A couple questions I do have are: Does Arms reforge differently (i.e. have a different stat priority) than Fury?I ask this mainly because I'd like to have an Arms off spec for certain AoE fights/trash. And would the 2 set bonus from T13 be better than having the 2 set T12? or should I wait until I get 4 set T13 before breaking T12 2 set? I ask this because I got my T13 pants and my T12 pants is making my 2 set T12 atm.

Thanks again guys for the sound advice in advance.

P.s. Please no posts like "lol u a bad player" or "dont reroll warrior go X class instead". I don't like Trolls, hence why my Warrior is a Female Orc.
    Last edited by Necromaniac; 2011-12-26 at 02:54 PM.

Basement Wizard Extraordinaire!

Deleted
    ive recently been leveling and gearing my warrior and i went fury too, i think that there are a few points you can move around, but i think as long as the spec is roughly similar it doesnt matter too much, and for reforging, i think you need 8% hit, then 26 expertise (more than that doest help) and then i think its mastery then crit, but i could be massively wrong :P hope that gives a bit more of a general idea at least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by domodamo View Post
    ive recently been leveling and gearing my warrior and i went fury too, i think that there are a few points you can move around, but i think as long as the spec is roughly similar it doesnt matter too much, and for reforging, i think you need 8% hit, then 26 expertise (more than that doest help) and then i think its mastery then crit, but i could be massively wrong :P hope that gives a bit more of a general idea at least
    Don't listen to this guy, he is clueless.

Arms reforges completely different to fury, it is not viable having an arms offspec if you plan on being fury most of the game (unless you have thousands of gold to spend on reforging for certain fights).

2 Set T13 is FAR better than 2 set T12, break that crap asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunissa View Post

Arms reforges completely different to fury, it is not viable having an arms offspec if you plan on being fury most of the game (unless you have thousands of gold to spend on reforging for certain fights).

I think he meant to reforge to 8% hit and 26 Expertise. I don't think he meant that both spec's reforge the same. But thanks for your advice on the Tier set bonus'.

Edit: Could you explain a little better the stat differences between Arms and Fury?

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 03:15 PM ----------

I also heard from someone that getting around 14% hit was good also so your crits don't miss?

It's 1 combat table so that last thing isn't really correct.

With the new 2 set bonus being quite strong it's advised to go for higher hit than we usually did (depending on gear level it goes from 15 to 19%) before starting to stack crit. Obviously this is directed at fury warriors.

The current fury stat priority list is about as follows: 26 expertise > 15-19% hit > crit > 27% hit > haste > mastery

Haste is closing in on 27% hit quite rapidly though this patch and mastery has lost a lot of it's value.

As you're TG it's not ENTIRELY meant for you but I'd still like to advise you to browse through my SMF guide at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2504880767

On the last page you'll find some encounter specific guides too (posted on Nigiri as I'm currently banned on Reptile :P).

I hope it can answer most of your questions (the guide itself on page 1 isn't a long read)

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms stat priority is Strength > Hit 8% > Exp 26 > Crit > Mastery, Haste is useless.

Fury stat priority is Strength > Hit 8% > Exp 26 > Hit > Crit. Haste becomes better than mastery once you acquire the 2pc t13 set bonus, from my understanding.

Or something around that area.

tier 13 2pc is superior to Tier 12 2pc. Heroic Strike has been a significant percentage of our damage this expansion, and you will be using it a lot more than you previously were if you are properly utilizing the Tier 13 2pc set bonus.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2011-12-26 at 03:30 PM.

Interrupts are not used in DS, so you should change your spec. Incite is especially tasty with 2pcT13, get 2 points into it.

Edit: also, crit > exp cap for arms. You're probably going to get the cap anyway, but it isn't really needed mainly due to Overpower.
    Last edited by Gribel; 2011-12-26 at 03:34 PM.

Some sound advice from all of you! I'm enjoying the read from the guide page, as am I enjoying the great advice you guys are tossing my way. Keep the tips rolling!

How are my enchants and reforging so far? Am I on the right track?

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gribel View Post
    Interrupts are not used in DS, so you should change your spec. Incite is especially tasty with 2pcT13, get 2 points into it.

Edit: also, crit > exp cap for arms. You're probably going to get the cap anyway, but it isn't really needed mainly due to Overpower.
    I'm assuming you meant move the 2 points in Drums of War to Incite correct?

Edit: and the 1 point in Rude Interruption.*
    Last edited by Necromaniac; 2011-12-26 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribel View Post

Interrupts are used on heroic warlord zon'ozz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

Fury stat priority is Strength > Hit 8% > Exp 26 > Hit > Crit. Haste becomes better than mastery once you acquire the 2pc t13 set bonus, from my understanding.
    No. Fury should aim for 14-15% hit, maybe more depending on the rest of your gear.

OP: currently both Arms and Fury are competitive with each other, so play around with both and just play whichever you prefer. Also, check with your raid leader about which buffs, if any, are missing from your comp. Arms and Fury bring different raid buffs to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    No. Fury should aim for 14-15% hit, maybe more depending on the rest of your gear.
    19% with t13 2 pc.

Deleted
    yeah i meant reforging for fury, not arms, and looking at what other people have said, i was roughly right, so im not clueless besides i said i didnt think i knew it all :L

As for arms, your stat priority stays mostly the same. Basically you won't want anymore than 8% hit, where as fury continues to gain more dps with more hit. some of the top warriors have 15%+ .

For the most part your toon looks pretty standard, hemming and enchanting is straight forward. Do you have any logs you can link so we can check your dps and rotation.
    Last edited by arden714; 2011-12-26 at 08:10 PM.

Why dont you go READ one of the amazing guides out there? Instead of opening another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    Why dont you go READ one of the amazing guides out there? Instead of opening another thread?
    Why don't you go post on another thread instead of being rude in THIS one?

@RuffwarWoW: Do you think dual-wielding 2x Gurthalak for Fury would do more dps than Arms with just 1?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are fights where fury is going to have its places, but overall Arms is just doing too much damage to pass on it.

Jury is still partially out on if duel wielding Gurthlak x2 is better than 1 Gurthlak and a 2h weapon with stats on it. I can see this ending up being the case due to your off hand having a much reduced chance to proc anything. However at this point, since those seem to be the only weapons you have access to, it's just down to what spec you want to play and if the raid group is missing any buffs that you could potentially provide. It also comes down to which one you're more comfortable with and can produce proper DPS numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Jury is still partially out on if duel wielding Gurthlak x2 is better than 1 Gurthlak and a 2h weapon with stats on it. I can see this ending up being the case due to your off hand having a much reduced chance to proc anything. However at this point, since those seem to be the only weapons you have access to, it's just down to what spec you want to play and if the raid group is missing any buffs that you could potentially provide. It also comes down to which one you're more comfortable with and can produce proper DPS numbers.
    If the offhand really had such a low proccrate it would be an obvious winner

The thing with gurthalak is that it proccs from a lot of the mainhand styles as well, increasing the potential proccs by a lot. Only slam doesn't procc it but I'm not sure about CS (might or might not) but everything else can procc the weapon effect (BT, HS, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunissa View Post

Agreed. Arms for PvE does refordge completely different. In my eyes, you cant beat a fury for PvE but a lot of people think Arms is the new way. Check out the roation here on MMO for fury and you cant go wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhark View Post
    Agreed. Arms for PvE does refordge completely different. In my eyes, you cant beat a fury for PvE but a lot of people think Arms is the new way. Check out the roation here on MMO for fury and you cant go wrong

you're living in the past bro.