10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Headsets and Hair

Well... this may win the title of the most stupid thread of the year but this is a problem I bet A LOT of gamers have.

I'm a WoW player and an abusive Teamspeak user and I decided to invest and buy a new Headset (a good one) since my old one used to hurt my ears after like 3 or 4 hours of having my ears "squeezed" with the headphones.

I decided to get that Logitech G930 Headset cause it looks awesome plus it has those big ear covering that isolate sound and doesn't make pressure directly on ear. (like my old ones did)

BUT

Now I have other problem... really stupid one...

Since the G930 covers and makes pressure around the ear, after 30+min of gaming it flattens my hair above the ears and makes me look/feel stupid! (clown looking funny aswell) XD

Only taking a shower seems to work on making my hair look natural again ("unflat") and I can't be taking a shower everytime I go to play 30+min.

Anyone has a solution to avoid this? I really dont believe that everyone that uses this type of headphones uses really short hair... There must be A LOT of players with same problem! :|

PS: Please don't mock me! XD

Deleted
    Shave your head.

Now, headsets and glasses REALLY don't go well together..

Deleted
    You know I used to solve this by simply using a piece of cloth with enough layers so it evens out the flattening over like half of your head. Then there was no flattening at all. It worked but I must have looked really weird .

it flattens my hair above the ears
    Every fucking time! ironing my short hair atm because I got to go out in like 15 min and it looks like my whole head is deformed because of it :X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    You know I used to solve this by simply using a piece of cloth with enough layers so it evens out the flattening over like half of your head. It worked but I muse have looked really weird .
    LOL

Looking even more stupid than having flat hair on sides isn't an option but thanks for sharing! XD

Many just might not see it as much of a problem like you do.
    Do you usually go out after sitting by the computer? Then it's usually a good idea to take a shower anyway, to meet the world - fresh!
    If not, are you just wanting to be pretty in front of yourself? I'm sure you know how good you can look, and don't need to see it every few minutes in a mirror.

As for your problem, can't you just arrange your hair around it? I mean, lift the beam going above your head so it doesn't rest directly with pressure, and lift your hair away from your ears?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlisS View Post
    Every fucking time! ironing my short hair atm because I got to go out in like 15 min and it looks like my whole head is deformed because of it :X
    That "my head is deformed" made me ROFLOL! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    try taking a comb and wetting it then running it through your hair-

If you have a hair product in it- doing this will reactivate the bonding in the product

dont soak your hair just run the comb under the water once or twice to get your hair back to normal

after this set with a light hairspray shot if you do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pharma View Post
    LOL

Looking even more stupid than having flat hair on sides isn't an option but thanks for sharing! XD
    Well it was exclusively in raid times 8pm to midnight or so in my home where nobody saw me . But trust me, this goes all the way back to when only Counter-Strike 1.5 existed and in all those years I never found a better way to deal with it. This, while ridiculous, works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Many just might not see it as much of a problem like you do.
    Do you usually go out after sitting by the computer??
    I usually play at night then I go to sleep. The problem is that I don't wanna go to work next day morning looking like a retard! XD

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I mean, lift the beam going above your head so it doesn't rest directly with pressure, and lift your hair away from your ears
    I have short hair... not "shaved-short"... even being short it has size enough to get/look flat. :P

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Well it was exclusively in raid times 8pm to midnight or so in my home where nobody saw me . But trust me, this goes all the way back to when only Counter-Strike 1.5 existed and in all those years I never found a better way to deal with it. This, while ridiculous, works.
    Tonight I'll give it a try...

Its not like I have a better solution! XD

Im sorry .... im sorry ....... again, im SORRY .... but i laughed so hard at this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dkimxd View Post
    Shave your head.

Now, headsets and glasses REALLY don't go well together..
    best response! i keep my head shaved for a couple of reasons, one i dont have to pay for haircuts and the second so i dont have to deal with it on occasions such as this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally just rub it with a bit of water, add some vax, and woah; it looks mint again.
    Cyclist. 175cm, 59kg. I generally spend 30% of my time working out, 40% on my education, 5% eating, and 25% doing other things.

"Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?"

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Why not reverse order and take a shower in the morning instead of at night before gaming? Or even take a shower after gaming and before bed? That is where it seems to be your problem...

Maybe I am mistaken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Get a better headset. *nodnod*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Why not reverse order and take a shower in the morning instead of at night before gaming? Or even take a shower after gaming and before bed? That is where it seems to be your problem...

Maybe I am mistaken?
    Doesn't always work out like that. Example:

The way I style my hair is generally: Water -> Vax -> Let hair dry -> Sleep -> Looks perfect (sort of dirty/messy-ish) in the morning.

Now, let's say I want to sit down and listen to a bit of music a lovely Saturday morning. After about an hour at the computer, my friend calls and wants me to come over. My hair now looks absolutely fucked, both around my ears and on the top of my head. What do I do? I don't have time to shower, add vax, let it dry and sleep for several hours before going there.
    Cyclist. 175cm, 59kg. I generally spend 30% of my time working out, 40% on my education, 5% eating, and 25% doing other things.

"Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?"

Headset hair is the worst.

Also beauty tip for any and everyone... the less you wash your hair the better. Washing it once a day is too excessive and harmful.

If you have fairly short hair, you can probably get away with once every 2 weeks.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Quote Originally Posted by Cosima View Post
    Doesn't always work out like that. Example:

The way I style my hair is generally: Water -> Vax -> Let hair dry -> Sleep -> Looks perfect (sort of dirty/messy-ish) in the morning.

Now, let's say I want to sit down and listen to a bit of music a lovely Saturday morning. After about an hour at the computer, my friend calls and wants me to come over. My hair now looks absolutely fucked, both around my ears and on the top of my head. What do I do? I don't have time to shower, add vax, let it dry and sleep for several hours before going there.
    Slightly damp towel, give your hair a good rub down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with a headset unless it has noise canceling and possibly outside vibration canceling.

Unless you have an issue (whether it be personal or medical) with putting stuff in your ears, just get earphones/buds and a desk/portable mic.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post

Maybe I am mistaken?
    Thing is... My guild starts raiding at 23PM till 03AM... When I finish raiding I MUST go o bed sleep cause I have to wake up at 8AM, and so I'm really tired when I go to sleep at 3AM and don't have patience to take a shower.

When I wake up in the morning its too freaking cold to take a shower... PLUS... I'm too tired to wake up half an hour earlier cause of the shower...

PS: Damn... I just realised I'm a complicated guy... (Damn... I behave like a girl!) XD

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    Headset hair is the worst.

Also beauty tip for any and everyone... the less you wash your hair the better. Washing it once a day is too excessive and harmful.

If you have fairly short hair, you can probably get away with once every 2 weeks.
    WHAT? Wash my head ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS?!?

I don't wash it for 48H and it starts looking oily and kinda green! (since I'm blonde)

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cosima View Post
    I'm with you... :x