Deleted

Macro consolidation with Razer Nostromo

Hi, does anyone have any experience, or just know by practice, if it is possible to set the direction pad of a Nostromo as alt/shift/ctrl (e.g. up being ctrl,left being alt, etc.).

Also is there a guide out there for making macro templates? My main goal is to have as many keybinds in one button as possible, I usually do this by adding a simple attack like crusader strike which has only one use 100% of the time as the final untouched condition on a much more widely used spell which you may need to target at one of many targets at any given moment.

I know that sounds a little confusing but it is all alien to me and I find it hard to describe but think of it like this:
    Alt+1 ---cast Word of glory at myself
    Ctrl+1 --- Cast word of glory at focus
    Shift+1 --- cast word of glory at mouseover
    1 --- cast crusader strike at harm target/cast word of glory at friendly target

Any guides to writing macros like that? Or a simple template?
    Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@player][mod:ctrl,@focus][mod:shift,@mouseover][help]Word of Glory; Crusader Strike

10+ Year Old Account
    this ^^ then just bind the macro to each respective mouse button
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Yes you can assign the modifiers to the d-pad, by selecting "Single Key", and then pressing the modifier.
    Something I intend to make use of myself due to intending soon to buy a Razer Naga Epic.
    The idea I will be trying out is using the middle buttons as you would the keyboard for the WASD layout plus others above it, and the D-Pad for modifiers, which should then go well with the naga for the bulk of the in-combat or rotational abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Yes you can assign the modifiers to the d-pad, by selecting "Single Key", and then pressing the modifier.
    Something I intend to make use of myself due to intending soon to buy a Razer Naga Epic.
    The idea I will be trying out is using the middle buttons as you would the keyboard for the WASD layout plus others above it, and the D-Pad for modifiers, which should then go well with the naga for the bulk of the in-combat or rotational abilities.
    That is exactly what I want to do, will make targeting helpful spells almost seamless, leaving all of the 14 Nos buttons for yr damage rotation, sorry if this is an obvious question but where is the 'single key' you speak of? Somewhere in wow/Nos interface/on the Nos itself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a G13, but used to use a Nostromo.

Move with the stick/d-pad -- Leaves all 4 fingers free for button mashing while moving. -- Takes a bit of getting used to but it's TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Shift is a pinky key on the Nostromo/G13 and CTRL and ALT are thumb buttons on my mouse -- Having the modifiers on the mouse makes it a lot easier to do many things at once.

Stopped using purely macros and have Bartender set to page on modifier keys.

Deleted
    I found it! Bound my d-pad to modifiers, thank fish for that.

@ Depherios: If you use the d-pad then how do you use the mouse to turn? I prefer using right+left click to move and binding some targetable stuff to side mouse buttons, then your entire left hand is free to hit modifiers and button mash all at once.

I personally had trouble reaching all the buttons on the Nostromo comfortably enough to do that, but you are encouraging me to have another go.
    It could have the benefit at least of saving what for me is a substantial amount of money on the mouse.

Another method is you can bind your D-Pad to Color shifts (Red, Green, Blue) toggles and have the Color Shift Profiles bound to different keys.

I believe this is the same for the Razer version... I'm using the original Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad.

The rest is setting up your keybinds/macros(or modifiers) in-game.

I have my D-Pad bound to movement and Shift/Ctrl bound to the two thumb buttons on my Logitect MX518 Mouse.
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2011-12-26 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    I recently found myself very lucky and got both the Nos and the mouse, I'm trying to take it slow with binding too much at once in risk of forgetting what bind I put my important stuff over. But let me tell you this, as long as you can pick three confortable insta-reach keys on the Nostro and are comfortable using the first three number-pad keys on the mouse, by using the Nostro's d-pad as focus/mouseover/self target mods my time spent key fumbling is quickly reaching zero as I get more used to the macro layout.

As soon as it becomes second nature to hit the right binds, you will never be subject to fake casts, lost time hitting pvp trinkets, bubbling team mates. Anything.

I was skeptical at first but it is already turning into a life saver. You also might be faster than me at making appropriate macros to suit yr needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    @ Depherios: If you use the d-pad then how do you use the mouse to turn? I prefer using right+left click to move and binding some targetable stuff to side mouse buttons, then your entire left hand is free to hit modifiers and button mash all at once.
    The Stick (Dpad on Nostromo) is foreword, backward, and strafe left and right. -- As a tank I do a lot of backpedaling and strafing to keep that crap in front of me! XD

My mouse has CTRL, ALT, Push to talk, Jump, Sit/Down and a bunch of "off the global cooldown" stuff on it. That way it's easier to keep mashing my rotation with my left hand while popping CDs with my right.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ndTrainer.html can help... And setting up Bartender or another button addon to mimic the appearance of the Nostromo makes it MUCH easier!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TVqNC1NNWRtYlE <-- my keybinds >_>

And I second the "don't go overboard" suggestion, small changes are easier.

I tend to find rolling an alt a good way to completely change your controls... Roll an alt with the new device and rig up all your new abilities onto the device from scratch, less muscle memory issues that way.
    Last edited by Depherios; 2011-12-27 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Depherios View Post
    The Stick (Dpad on Nostromo) is foreword, backward, and strafe left and right. -- As a tank I do a lot of backpedaling and strafing to keep that crap in front of me! XD
    Hence why I am tempted buy the Naga to go along with my Belkin N52TE, so that the bottom keys of the Nostromo will replicate the WASD I am comfortable with for movement, because I am not yet able to do that with the d-pad / stick with anywhere near the same amount of control as the familliar WASD layout.
    Would have the other keys above those being situational/OOC buttons with the d-pad modifiers giving me most of what I need on the Naga.