Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Heket
    Just so my least favorite race isn't the asura.
    Looks-wise, I mean. The Asura are a plenty interesting race, I just hate their run animations and whatnot.
    Yeah, I mean I think there's a reasonable limit on how many anthro races you can have in one game and still make the effort in creating them worth it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    arenanet, will you give me tengu, please? thank you.

love, Psychic Raven

p.s. love you!

I'd like to see Tengu...I haven't really seen a playable bird race in an MMO before and I love the Arrakoa in WoW. The Heket could be cool too. Dwarves would be nice; but they're too similar to Dwarves in everything else I played.

Deleted
    Tengu would be something so awesome and unique.
    I really hope they'll make it happen someday.

Heket would be awesome too.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-12-27 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kodan and Tengu. 'Nuff said.

Margonites unlikely. All Dwarves world wide are stone or dead. Or Stonesummit, which pretty much means they're inbred xenophobes no better than grawl. Skritt aren't going to happen (mortal enemies of Asura). Naga and Forgotten aren't humanoid enough, same as Centaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Kodan and Tengu. 'Nuff said.

Margonites unlikely. All Dwarves world wide are stone or dead. Or Stonesummit, which pretty much means they're inbred xenophobes no better than grawl. Skritt aren't going to happen (mortal enemies of Asura). Naga and Forgotten aren't humanoid enough, same as Centaur.
    Why Margonites unlikely? Do you know what happened in the past 250 years? no one does, their story isn't finished yet, considering their psychical build. I'd like to see them becoming a playable race.

Tengu, nuff said.

Kodan, meh.. they are so nornlike (not because of the bear forms) But also in the Nordic Spiritual life-style. They are just too similar.

Never had that much with the Hekets.

I don't see the Stone Summit become a playable race, but I do however see the Dwarves become one, yes I know about the Blessing of the Great Dwarf, yes I know about the war with the Destroyers, yes I know that they're decreasing in numbers, yes I know we don't have female dwarves (or they look like Male Dwarves so they are hard to keep apart) yes, that's a Gimli quote. But they are still very vital in the upcoming lore. So I wouldn't be surprised if we'd get Dwarves, I wouldn
    t be disappointed if we wouldn't get them.

Tengu! Yesh!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Why Margonites unlikely? Do you know what happened in the past 250 years? no one does, their story isn't finished yet, considering their psychical build. I'd like to see them becoming a playable race.
    Margonites worship Abaddon, who in return granted them the power, which resulted in transformation into those... things.
    As abaddon is now dead I believe margonites are non-existent, unless they somehow managed to resurrect Abaddon during those 250 years.

Sure there were those original margonites who lived when Crystal Desert was flooded with water, but I think they were just plain humans. :P

Everything is possible but to bring margonites as a playable race Anet would have to come up with a very good explanation.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-12-27 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Margonites worship Abaddon, who in return granted them the power, which resulted in transformation into those... things.
    As abaddon is now dead I believe margonites are non-existent, unless they somehow managed to resurrect Abaddon during those 250 years.

Sure there were those original margonites who lived when Crystal Desert was flooded with water, but I think they were just plain humans. :P

Everything is possible but to bring margonites as a playable race Anet would have to come up with a very good explanation.
    Margonites, even after their demonic transformation, are capable of individual thinking. Two examples of this are The Lost and Apostate (2 Margonites NPC's in Nightfall), who decided to betray Abaddon.
    Quoted from Guild Wars official wiki.

Still nothing is known about what happened to them after Abaddon died, since Kormir is the Essence of Abaddon, it might just be that they worship Kormir now. Or that they have a mind like the Charr have, unlike the Charr the Margonite themselves didn't kill their own gods. We did it for them. Maybe they just started a way on their own.

I think Anet has enough breathing opportunity's not only as playable race, but in the game itself as well.