Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    no - with RIFT (when i got it from steam) i wasnt charged for the next month till AFTER the 30 days FREE had finished - EA charged my card the moment i added it to my account.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 10:35 AM ----------

NO

my bank has informed me the payment has been called for and has been actioned - EA allready HAVE my money.
    You are lying. Next troll plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillinoob View Post
    You are lying. Next troll plz.
    and your an idiot - next troll please.

10+ Year Old Account
    i heard there was about 600k subs as of 4 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    I love how my predictions are always right. (I predicted between 1-2 million).

I love how every Star Wars fan was telling me how wrong i would be.

I love telling them i was right.
    Why the shit would star wars fans want to tell you your wrong?The game had over a million subs on launch day,thats fucking incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    I love how my predictions are always right. (I predicted between 1-2 million).

I love how every Star Wars fan was telling me how wrong i would be.

I love telling them i was right.
    1 million a week after release is bad? Numbers don't go up? Lol.

Seriously though, have you people nothing better to do than troll a game you obviously don't like? I'm here because it's on maintenance, and I want to talk about the game I enjoy. It's kinda pathetic to see people who come here to do nothing but stir shit up for people who are enjoying their time. Are you enjoying yours?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

about a million I guess, it will probably go down to a stable 500-600k once more people reach lvl 50, then they will see where the problem lies and do something about endgame (we all know raiding is what kept wow alive all these years) and probably increase to 3-4mill quickly. Because no good raids = no people will stay.

No solid info yet; we know that at one point they had at least 1 million, because it was an official announcement, and they're not legally able to lie about it

But aside from that they've been quiet about sub numbers, so it's all speculation
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    Why the shit would star wars fans want to tell you your wrong?The game had over a million subs on launch day,thats fucking incredible.
    well considering that 'in the know' people were claiming 6 million US pre-orders, 1 million is a little south of where I expected them to be

Deleted
    Ea never announced 1 million subscribers. They announced 1 million active accounts this IS NOT the same thing and is clever wording. They also used those stats in that article to try to make it seem everything was going well and the maths didn't even add up. They didn't even have 1 million the other day, and they might not even have that now. No one knows just how many.

Also note how they said along the lines of 'probably' the most rapidly growing subs game in history?Because they have no basis for fact. Yeah, watch for all the clever wording they use .

Deleted
    it will have one more player starting today XD me muahahaha

I have this issue with it. I bought it form origin online, then when i went to put the info in for the sub it rejected the card i bought to use it. I was like, what the fuck is up here.
    TBH if i could return the game just over that I would. I don't like having to use my debit and CC all over one item.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Ea never announced 1 million subscribers. They announced 1 million active accounts this IS NOT the same thing and is clever wording. They also used those stats in that article to try to make it seem everything was going well and the maths didn't even add up. They didn't even have 1 million the other day, and they might not even have that now. No one knows just how many.

Also note how they said along the lines of 'probably' the most rapidly growing subs game in history?Because they have no basis for fact. Yeah, watch for all the clever wording they use .
    That's a valid point, but somewhere between 500k-1million is probably where they are anyway; so it's probably accurate enough... probably
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Deleted
    I do not remember anyone saying 4 million at launch. It is between 1 million and 2 million, and growing fast as WoW is losing subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    4 Million is a fanboy Lie. Should be around 1,5 - 1,7 million
    Yes, 4million is incomprehensibly unlikely

10+ Year Old Account
    whats annoying is the 30 days FREE swtor isnt - you have to pay your next month subs before they give you anything free (my visa debit card has been charged)

total f`ing joke.
    Yeh its only a free month if you subscribe. But its still a free month. You cant say it isnt a free month because its a free month....
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Deleted
    Well.. I added my card (and a subscription) but didnt get charged a singel dime (or anything else).

i was charged £8.99 - the full amount of a months subs so yes its a f`ing joke.
    I haven't been charged (on any of my 3 accounts that I set up for me and other members of my family). It must be a mistake that you were charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post

Uh what? An active account is one that can currently be played on. This means that one-million people are capable of logging onto the servers to play the game. There is nothing hidden here, they tell you exactly what it is. A guess you can argue that an active account isn't a subscribed account...primarily because right now no one has paid a subscription fee because they are on their free month and won't be charged until 30 days after their registration day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    Not hard to imagine it selling four million. Harder to imagine four million subscriptions though, and they've stated they "need" 500k regular annual subscriptions for the game to be profitable.

I really like it, but I think for the majority of people the replay value is going to be pretty limited unless they deal quickly with expanding the end-game. The story stuff's really nice, but it does all seem a bit on-rails. Definitely not a game for perma-newbies!

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Yeh its only a free month if you subscribe. But its still a free month. You cant say it isnt a free month because its a free month....
    Nothing's free That first month is included in the retail price...(yes I'm being pedantic )
    Last edited by mmocb2fd448ab2; 2011-12-27 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    The replay value is fantastic. Making alts has never been so good, and there is a large amount of endgame flashpoints for PVE content (as well as the operations/raids) and a big PVP grind for the PVPers.