Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am disappointed it isn't out so that people can see the game for what it is - a game - and not some magic answer to the problems they have with other titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Welcome to the crowd
    Hey thanks.
    Got a question concering GW2 NOT released yet.
    Is it worth it to go buy GW1 and try it for a few while waiting? I mean, I'm playing NWN atm, but I'd love to maybe even read about the lore, to not get into GW2 blind-folded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Planar Sphere View Post
    Hey thanks.
    Is it worth it to go buy GW1 and try it for a few while waiting? I mean, I'm playing NWN atm, but I'd love to maybe even read about the lore, to not get into GW2 blind-folded.
    You'd be better off reading the books (Ghosts of Ascalon, Edge of Destiny, Sea of Sorrows (not out yet)) if you want to know about the lore.

As for GW1, the main attraction would be the Hall of Monuments that give you cosmetic items in GW2
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-12-29 at 04:06 PM.

Long time reader, first time poster. And I only made an account to discuss GW2, lol. Ironic isn't it?
    Anyway:

Like some people mentioned, I only dislike the fact that the game is not released yet. Jesus.
    Welcome!
    I only made an account for the same raisin!!!

Hey thanks.
    Yeah go with Mif's suggestion if you want to know lore about GW2, playing GW1 will get you the HoM stuff along with being able to spot the shout outs ArenaNet makes in GW2, like the area's. I highly recommend Edge of Destiny (Rylock Brimstone is an awesome character :P)

now if you'll excuse me...
    I AM THE GREETEST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ozADPzl30s

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    What I dislike: most things about the game. The trailers kind of make me go...ehhhhhhhhh? boring.
    "sir, while I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

I'm okay with buying GW1 now that I have a full time job. What I don't want is to be playing it and then realizing GW2 is here before I can reach lvl 10 or have seen hardly any content. :/

I don't like that there's no healing profession. I always play healers because, well, I don't like killing things. It's rare to play a video game and not have to kill things. GW2 seems a bit oblivious on this point, so no GW2 for me.

In GW2 you simply just have to eh....... KILL STUFF :-D

Quote Originally Posted by tyry View Post
    I don't like that there's no healing profession. I always play healers because, well, I don't like killing things. It's rare to play a video game and not have to kill things. GW2 seems a bit oblivious on this point, so no GW2 for me.
    I don't understand your reasoning.
    You like to play healers (as I did for a long time) but you say that is rare to play a video game and NOT to have kill things.
    Now, on every game I've ever played you must kill stuff. Healers in WoW need to kill things to level up (on arenas a healer can't be just passive), on LoL you need to farm creeps and do DPS on some support champions, on Lineage 2 you also need to be agressive and so on and so forth.

GW2 lets you play all roles at the same time (tank, dps, heal) but you choose how to play your character. If you want to support more than doing damage, then fine, you can do it but GW2 will not flask you in that role forever. (As it happened to me, playing supports and healers all my life and now I can't even look at a heal spell).
    Up to you.

I'm okay with buying GW1 now that I have a full time job. What I don't want is to be playing it and then realizing GW2 is here before I can reach lvl 10 or have seen hardly any content. :/
    Trust me that won't happen :P we've got at least another 3-6 months before we here anything of beta. I believe you'll be able to do all the main missions in GW (at least 1 campaign)

I don't understand your reasoning.
    You like to play healers (as I did for a long time) but you say that is rare to play a video game and NOT to have kill things.
    Now, on every game I've ever played you must kill stuff. Healers in WoW need to kill things to level up (on arenas a healer can't be just passive), on LoL you need to farm creeps and do DPS on some support champions, on Lineage 2 you also need to be aggressive and so on and so forth.

GW2 lets you play all roles at the same time (tank, dps, heal) but you choose how to play your character. If you want to support more than doing damage, then fine, you can do it but GW2 will not flask you in that role forever. (As it happened to me, playing supports and healers all my life and now I can't even look at a heal spell).
    Up to you.
    ^this

dpsers are gonna have to learn their gonna have to heal and healers gonna have to understand their gonna have to hit stuff. doesn't mean they have to only do that. I like picturing ppl who want to do a majority of support playing like Orianna from LoL, she's mostly a suuport champ with her slows, shields, and Stun ulti. that being said she still has a skill that can do monsterish dmg but shes expected to (at least with my group) enable the carry to get free kills, or save someone out of position.

another exmaple I can think of is the way the atonement priest sounded in cata, being you can focus on support more but your still gonna have to dmg the enemy or else your just holding the group back. or be as effective as the guy who does nothing but camp with a sniper rifle and refuses to do anything else but that.
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2011-12-29 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Orianna

10+ Year Old Account

You can easily do everything there is to do in GW1 in just a couple months, besides grinding titles. All the missions/quests in all the campaigns would only take weeks.

^ You mean Sona? :P
    I said what I meant... even if it was spelled wrong :P
    you kids and your sona's.... back in my day she only had 1 passive and we liked it!
    whippersnappers!

ive disliked only 1 thing about the game....since 07 of course....and that tard just keeps getting promoted. yea you know who im talkin about. all fail in the game is his fault. just read my sig for a hint....and please make my sig come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    ive disliked only 1 thing about the game....since 07 of course....and that tard just keeps getting promoted. yea you know who im talkin about. all fail in the game is his fault. just read my sig for a hint....and please make my sig come true.
    Good news! It's been reported that Kalgan is not with this company AT ALL. Of course, we're actually talking about Guild Wars and Arena.net, but it doesn't change the facts. So, hope you're pleased

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    You can easily do everything there is to do in GW1 in just a couple months, besides grinding titles. All the missions/quests in all the campaigns would only take weeks.
    That's good to know, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's good to know, thanks.
    Np, if you do get the game and need help with anything just let me know.
    I would also recommend starting with Nightfall, heroes and my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlad View Post
    Good news! It's been reported that Kalgan is not with this company AT ALL. Of course, we're actually talking about Guild Wars and Arena.net, but it doesn't change the facts. So, hope you're pleased
    what...he was fired from blizz?...and i didn't get the memo?....dang....lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to see anything that I truly dislike in the game.

There are a couple things I am unsure about, such as the lack of energy for skills... but I'd have to actually try it out before actually saying whether I hate it or not.

As for what I really like about the game....

The Guardian. That class is everything I've ever wanted in Guild Wars lol. I loved playing my monk, but Smiting just seemed a little lack luster. The fact that the Guardian is a monk in plate armor that goes around killing things and aiding their allies, is just amazing. I also like what I've seen thus far from the mesmer, the changes to that class, and the addition of the Greatsword as a usable weapon, just looks awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    what...he was fired from blizz?...and i didn't get the memo?....dang....lol.
    This is a GW2 thread.
    But I must agree, Tom Chilton is the root of all evil. Evil meaning "why paladins suck ass". No he isn't fired. He's actually the one who suggested Pandas. I have no proof of this, but there can be no doubt!