Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Scholomance - Dungeon Preview

Scholomance - Dungeon Preview

Scholomance is returning with a more streamlined layout. The old lower level version will remain accessible for lower level characters. The dungeon will have five bosses:

Dungeon Map

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear god, why can't they just add new hallways with bosses and loot if they like them so much? Why the fuck do they keep butchering all the good old instances? Don't try to fix what isn't broken. Damn you Blizzard!
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Dear god, why can't they just add new hallways with bosses and loot if they like them so much? Why the fuck do they keep butchering all the good old instances? Don't try to fix what isn't broken. Damn you Blizzard!
    I agree. 100%. Scholomance was my favorite.. I bet Stratholme is next. :*(
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Didn't you know? Bibi drinks Golden Chocolate out of Wine glasses that are made out of the frozen tears of the world leaders while relaxing in his yacht/submarine home made entirely of diamond(That's right diamond with no "s" as in 1 singular diamond yacht/submarine). On his days off from MMO-Champion(Everyday cause we do all the hard stuff obviously) he can be caught napping with the Gorillas of Australia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because new DM wasn't awesome?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to agree with Void here

Seriously Scholo is a great place to smash up if your a Pally, Exorcism and Holy wrath are your friends, But fuck sake, come on already, add a new wing or something
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

well me and some other it ain't broken indeed. but for new players it is a pain to remember where to go.

Scholomance sucks in it's current incarnation.

This was without a doubt my favorite instance in WoW and once again Blizzard ruined a good thing. This is one reason why they lost so many subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Scholomance sucks in it's current incarnation.
    Yeah, I guess you might think that if you're a terrible person.

...sorry, I get defensive about my nostalgia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakaku View Post
    This was without a doubt my favorite instance in WoW and once again Blizzard ruined a good thing. This is one reason why they lost so many subscribers.
    They lost so many subscribers because they reused scholomance?

In a way it IS broken.

Two things cause a 5man instance to become a nightmare for PUGs (DF users):
    1. Difficulty too high. Lots of wipes, players leaving
    2. No one knows the way through the instance. Lots of time spent waiting, players leaving

It's really all about making the instance so easy to understand at first glance that you have a chance at clearing it with a PUG without much trouble.
    Maybe you have had the situation in Blackrock Depths, if you wipe and one guy doesn't know the way back to the entrance so you wait 30 minutes because even with explanation it's kind of hard to find in that area. It's maddening, I tell you. Usually those guys are kicked, but that's not great at all for a true newbie who needs help instead of kicks.

And yes, I hate that too, I wish the 5man were more challenging, but it makes sense. Because if you don't do that, you will get frustrated by PUGs very quickly, or avoid those types of dungeons altogether.
    Blizzard should just add another difficulty for 5man, NOT accessible via dungeon finder, which is like a bonus thing to do for raiders with raid equipment with an appropriate difficulty level.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old lower level version will remain accessible for lower level characters.

Guys. You don't need to flip out about the new dungeon. Seriously. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Because new DM wasn't awesome?
    I hate the new deadmines with a passion.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

They're likely doing this because when people found out Deadmines and SFK were being redone for Cata, Scholo and SM were two of the ones people constantly whined that they wanted a high level version of too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. OH GOD AGREED. Scholo was my absolute favorite instance in classic wow, after what they did to Deadmines, SFK, ZA/ZG - They need to back the fuck off scholo.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingodile View Post
    I agree. 100%. Scholomance was my favorite.. I bet Stratholme is next. :*(
    You mean the Caverns of Time: Stratholme, that they already remade.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Are we going to have to suffer with identical drops with the word "Heroic" attached to them again?

This is just lazy programming.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

While I do agree the size, lay out, and mass of smashable zombies make it an awesome dungeon too many times have I gotten lost to run this place in a lfd pug on heroic. Still, hopes up that they keep the awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Are we going to have to suffer with identical drops with the word "Heroic" attached to them again?

This is just lazy programming.
    They had to cut the budget somewhere.

OT: R.I.P Scholo even though I never played in vanilla I did have a lot fun running it for the first time in TBC.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the most people came into the Scholo and SM threads simply to whine about them and the other high level dungeons have no or barely no comments at all.
    I do wonder some times why some folks still play this game, or stick around to just be negative all the time. It's as if no-one watched Blizzcon.