Deathwing Combustion

Hey, i was just wondering; when do you guys combustion on madness of deathwing encounter? Seeing im relatively low dps on madness, i'd like to improve, also since the tentacles are immune to AoE damage nor can you spread dots, when would the ideal place be? Also on Cataclysm getting a proc fast is hard, considering the 10M the arm has left when cataclysm happens, goes down VERY fast..

thanks !

Deleted
    just use it off cd as long as you are sure u will get full ticks. No use padding the meters, get a combust off on the last wing tentacle where you will need it.

personally myself and our arcane mage use combustion and cds on the crusher (corruption?) tentacle because that dieing fast is more important for the raid than seeing big numbers on the claw.

with using 4pt12 combustion comes up exactly in time for each crusher (corruption?) tentacle on each platform. I guess the answer to your question can depend or platform order and if you have t12 or t13
    Last edited by lhehitman; 2012-01-02 at 06:47 PM.

I generally use it on the corruption tentacle but I find myself using it on the blood when people aren't DPSing them down fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lhehitman View Post
    personally myself and our arcane mage use combustion and cds on the crusher (corruption?) tentacle because that dieing fast is more important for the raid than seeing big numbers on the claw.

with using 4pt12 combustion comes up exactly in time for each crusher (corruption?) tentacle on each platform. I guess the answer to your question can depend or platform order and if you have t12 or t13
    Yeah right.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Yeah right.
    its in that specific order to refer back to each individual respectively, the combustion refers back to myself and the cds refers back to the arcane mage. I could have said AP and cds to make it more clear but I figured people had a general understanding of the english language. Guess not. Thank you for helping the op out with your brilliant and insightful post.

maybe this link will help you out http://www.uhv.edu/ac/newsletters/wr...2008.03.25.htm
    and apparently yes Rend context is hard.
    Last edited by lhehitman; 2012-01-02 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Yeah right.
    Context is HARD ... Or english is your first language and "Yeah Right" is all you know, which is understandable.

Deleted
    Replying to a rude/troll post with rude/troll posts without adding to the real topic only make yourselves rude/trolls...

To OP:
    I try to use Combustion as often as possible during that fight. It always come up at a bad time and I find it pointless to save it for something specific. The only thing that can make me not use it is if the target is near death so it won't be able to run its whole duration.

Quote Originally Posted by lhehitman View Post
    its in that specific order to refer back to each individual respectively, the combustion refers back to myself and the cds refers back to the arcane mage. I could have said AP and cds to make it more clear but I figured people had a general understanding of the english language. Guess not. Thank you for helping the op out with your brilliant and insightful post.

maybe this link will help you out http://www.uhv.edu/ac/newsletters/wr...2008.03.25.htm
    and apparently yes Rend context is hard.
    Sorry, my bad, I misunderstood your post. And no, english is not my first language. It's actualy only my 4th.

But hey, a new thing learned today Thanks.

And since I got flamed for not posting anything constructive or on topic : Use combustion on the big fat tentacle if you want to help your raid or on the claw on cataclysm phase if you want to boost your recount.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Before getting 4T13 I always used it on the Mutated Corruption on each platform. It's good to get that thing down ASAP, forget padding the meters by using during Cataclysm. It's not "needed".

With 4T13 it might be possible to use it twice per platform and still have it up for the Corruption. That is just a hunch though, I haven't checked.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    Before getting 4T13 I always used it on the Mutated Corruption on each platform. It's good to get that thing down ASAP, forget padding the meters by using during Cataclysm. It's not "needed".

With 4T13 it might be possible to use it twice per platform and still have it up for the Corruption. That is just a hunch though, I haven't checked.
    with 4T13 it is possible. I tried it. But of course it depends on overall raid dps. And when thing dies faster, you don't really get to dps much or setup/wait for a good ignite/combustion.

If you want to pad meter. save hot streak when cataclysm is coming, get some nice crit ignite rolling and combustion.

If not, use it on Mutated corruption.

If you have it on farm, just pad meter, big combustion is always fun =D

Use it early, use it as often as possible. You should be able to get a few off (4-5 times), depending on DPS, and if you have 4pc, you can use it 8 times.

On 10 man we 1 tank so corruption dieing before 2nd impale is the most important thing. I save the first one for the first corruption. From then on I make a judgement call (have 4 piece) on if there is enough time to make use of a combustion and still have it up in time for the next corruption. I might err on the side of caution if it is close going from platform 3-4 as that is the most crucial one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigismundo View Post
    On 10 man we 1 tank so corruption dieing before 2nd impale is the most important thing. I save the first one for the first corruption. From then on I make a judgement call (have 4 piece) on if there is enough time to make use of a combustion and still have it up in time for the next corruption. I might err on the side of caution if it is close going from platform 3-4 as that is the most crucial one.
    My guild has done both 1 tank 6 DPS, and 2 tank 5 DPS, and both ways I believe I was able to get 2 combustions in P2, 1 on each corruption tentacle, and 1 on the first two arm/wing tentacles.

Deleted
    Q: Does Nozdormu's Presence increase the haste by 20 or 30%? Tooltip says 20%, but it buffs 30% in the raidbrowser?!

In my 10man normal group (1 tank) I did the following:

Before 4t13:

Combustion on mutated corruption each time, then combustion to spread between adds in the final phase.

Now, with 4t13:

Combustion on mutated corruption
    Again on the main tentacle on each platform (But do not leave it too late if you need it to be back up for the corruption)
    Spread between adds in final phase

If you're using 2 tanks or if your dps is good enough that the corruption dies fast without cds it's not quite as important to get it on the corruption, so you could wait for optimal ignite procs to get more out of it.