Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    This is where you lost all credibility, wow.
    As if there's any credibility to be had in a Thread where hundreds of people are justifying the murder of an innocent 16 year old boy, because he called someone names
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    for what? fist fights? the kid was 14. I didnt have shit on me at that age.
    I started camping with my family when i was a toddler and started carrying a pocket knife with me (Swiss army with a little 2.5" blade and a couple of tools, still have it) when i was 9.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Legally, he's not. See, here in America we're allowed to defend ourselves from shitheads like that bully. Also, I'm amused that the word "shitheads" passed google chrome's spellchecker.
    Ya see in America there is a policy in certain states called ZERO TOLERANCE. Did you happen to conveniently forget that part?

actually the assailent was 15, and most assault and battery charges don't start till you're 18

thats why kids dont get arrested for fist fights. a herp
    So in Florida you can't be found guilty of assault and battery until you're 18? Can you provide a link for that or did you make it up?

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post

Its these little ratty children that are ruining the world,
    Its the bullies who are ruining the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    As if there's any credibility to be had in a Thread where hundreds of people are justifying the murder of an innocent 16 year old boy, because he called someone names
    A bully calling another bully "innocent boy". This thread is priceless.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starvethedead View Post
    He should have told the bus driver perhaps, or a school official, or his parents, and not brought a knife to school.
    having a knife has nothing to do with it, I'd carry one around with me when i was a teenager, cut staves, clean my fingernails, cut food (wobbly school utensils that aren't even good enough to stab through their own meatloaf!!! the forks would bend instead of go through! -not all the time but i am being quiet literal)

knifes are very useful tools.

as to the first part, who says he didn't let teachers / principle / buss driver know on previous occasions and with nothing happening (trust me, these days you cant even spank your children, its child abuse, and teachers are even more limited by what they can do, they can't even speak harshly to children without a parent complaining that their child(who is completely undisciplined by this type of parent) got yelled at by their teacher and how awful and the teacher should be fired etc etc etc...

i am positive the bully got away with what he was doing because of school's politics, the teachers hands were tied.

they can not DO anything to prevent it, other than telling the bully "we are going to call your parents" and "sit out in the hall"
    and the second one can get teachers in trouble as well, as in the hall the kid would be unsupervised and could get in trouble / hurt...

and that was how it was a decade ago.

know what i did to my bully? i drop kicked him, put him in a headlock with my chest over his arm while he was on the ground and pulverized his face in.
    (plenty of other times i actually lost fights, but i would never back down in those days)
    i got suspended for 3 days, and since it was in williamson county(hard #%!$^$@# hate the cops there, they will try to give you a ticket for spitting in public, smoking to close to a public door even, instead of telling you to move away, they make their money by giving tickets to everything)

but i got a ticket for disorderly conduct, class c misdemeanor.
    i laughed at the $100 fine, didn't pay it, got arrested a year later during summer break and did /time served from being in booking / jail overnight.

i was not about to pay em a cent for that. (i did get one for underage drinking that i did indeed end up paying for)

but #%$@ williamson county.

TLDR- it doesn't say to what degree / how long it was going on, and a lot of schools wouldn't report violence even, because it makes their school look better(higher national rating for non-violence) so who knows what the poor kid had to put up with.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    People don't choose to be outcasts.

You've never heard of someone picking on an easy target? If you say they should not make themselves easy targets or put themselves in that situation, you're victim-blaming. Same as if you told a girl she shouldn't have worn that outfit after she gets raped.
    You're out of line

This is about the murder of a 16 year old boy; not rape. The two are not always comparable
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    Actually I have been bullied. I did get help from my teachers and my parents because I didn't just think "oh, it's doesn't work when you rat people out" and do nothing. I MADE people listen and that little fucker actually got in serious trouble. So much trouble in fact that they could only muster up dirty looks after the fact which were easy to ignore.
    You are very lucky. Many have tried what you describe, few have gotten the justice you got.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The kid should be punished no question about that. However, I would disagree with calling him a murder. The attack was provoked, and though he went to far it was a matter of self-defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    What has random person got to do with anything? If anything continuously harassing someone is a lot worse than beating up some random guy.
    You said he beat him up for no reason. It wasn't some random guy though, they knew each other, so there was likely a reason he was messing with the kid. He still shouldn't have been bullying him, but was just saying there sounds like there was more to it than just this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    A bully calling another bully "innocent boy". This thread is priceless.
    Calling people names isn't against the law

the problem is that the kid was never in any real danger. he was a 14 year old
    point and counter point in 2 sentences. How was the 14 year old supposed to make the adult judgement that he was, in fact, in no real danger for his life?
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2012-01-04 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Schoolyard bullying is not comparable to murder

It's not even the same category
    Neither is defending yourself from a beat-down.

I bullied unpopular kids from elementry school, all throughout high school

No one ever stabbed me 12 times

It's pretty safe to say that escalating "bullying" into a duel to the DEATH is entirely unreasonable, and should be punished by life in prison
    Yes, they maybe didnt kill you, but do you know how you affected those lifes?, do you have any idea what repercussions you made?. I Think not.

As I said before, Saavedra losed it, I dont think he was making a plot to murder him and get away with it. If theres some whos trying to steal/hit/kill you, you wont think about how much damage you are going to make to him, you will just act in the moment and think later.

Also, I got bullied when I was about 10 years old I think, do you know what I did? I waited for the exit bell and then punched him on the face until he cried like a little girl.Needless to say I enjoyed every bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    There is a problem in all of that though, he had a knife on school grounds at one point. That in itself is a hugeeeee no no. The fact that kid carried that all day shows a lack of good judgment on his part. Who the hell wants their child around someone like that?
    Oh you and your imaginary world where kids don't take knives to school. The kid had the knife to defend himself from someone who threatened to (and then DID) attack him. It's not like he pulled the knife at school to shank some kid in the bathroom.

You're out of line

This is about the murder of a 16 year old boy; not rape. The two are not always comparable
    Just because your crime is less severe than other crime doesn't justify it. In fact, YOU don't get to decide the severity of your own crime.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    You defend yourself with a bat when you're that age, you can take a swing and a kids head and give him a concussion or something, but don't bring a fucking knife to a fist fight.
    THE KID IS FUCKING DEAD.
    When I was in high school a kid died from taking a bat to the end.... High school baseball game, kid let go off the bat after his swing and it came around and hit the catch in the HELMET COVERED HEAD. He collapsed, died of a brain hemorrhage.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    So in Florida you can't be found guilty of assault and battery until you're 18? Can you provide a link for that or did you make it up?
    do i really have to provide a link or should the fact that kids aren't actively getting arrested for beating up other kids be enough for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Schoolyard bullying is not comparable to murder

It's not even the same category
    Except when the "school yard bullying" leads to murder or suicide, right?