Poll: Are You also tired of waiting for D3 and lost all interest?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Are You also tired of waiting so much that You lost whole hype and interest in D3?

Hello all.

I made this thread because of my curiosity regarding the number of ppl feeling the same like me about Diablo III. Personally, I am tired of waiting, being fed with teasers for like 3 years, been watching beta streams since the beginig of the beta and now I do feel like played this game for months. Whole hype is lost, really, whatever they show, my reaction is "meh, so what?". I am not gonna buy D3. It just feels like playing WoW for years and be bored of it.

I am excited about ToR, GW2 and many single-player games coming this year, but for Diablo 3 the time frame of waiting was way too long. Alot of things happened in my life between first news about Diablo 3 and today's day and the game is still not out. Blizz failed me.

What do You think?

UPDATE: I played the beta...my hype is restored and I bought annual pass.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-04-21 at 11:22 AM. Reason: played beta

Deleted
    Can't wait. I'm not too hyped about it but I know it will be something great and definitely worth the wait.
    So no, I haven't lost my interest.

I am sorely disappointed in the long wait and feel strongly that Blizzard have mismanaged the development of the game in terms of scheduling. This doesn't make me any less eager to play it.

Deleted
    Im used to long wait times its Blizzard we are talking about.

Atleast its not valve

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    after playing the demo.. sorry beta.. I am couldnt care less when it comes out. It wont live up to the 10 year hype and certianly wont be more than a flash in the pan success.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    after playing the demo.. sorry beta.. I am couldnt care less when it comes out. It wont live up to the 10 year hype and certianly wont be more than a flash in the pan success.
    Are we really going to troll around about the limited beta in a topic about whether the delays have hurt your opinion of the game? It seems off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it sooooooo badly. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

D3 is 100x better than D2 (and rightfully so). They can delay it all they want, it's a day one pick up for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the release is less about development and more about marketing strategy.

In an economy where people do not purchase every game that comes out (like they used to) they pick and choose a game to play and hang on to it and play it longer.

It doesn't make sense to compete with other highly anticipated titles regardless of same genre or not.

The game is going to be good, and blizzard is gonna make bank off that auction house.

Not really, because I have not been thinking about it too much and not checking all the time for info. That way... when it's got a release date I can start to look forward to it without the fustration of it being ages away...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    I think the release is less about development and more about marketing strategy.

In an economy where people do not purchase every game that comes out (like they used to) they pick and choose a game to play and hang on to it and play it longer.

It doesn't make sense to compete with other highly anticipated titles regardless of same genre or not.

The game is going to be good, and blizzard is gonna make bank off that auction house.
    That's a pretty good point. I think it's true that part of the long development was that they didn't care to release it quickly for fear that it would just pull people away from their own games. Part of the solution seems to be the free game with a year's WoW subscription. I think they anticipated releasing the game by now, though, and that the recent delays were actually unexpected, because they seemed genuinely disappointed when they announced that. The game pretty much has to come out within the year or you'll have a storm of enraged people who were promised free access to Diablo 3 with the year sub to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not hyped at all, I am just waiting carefully for it, and I am buying it.

My excitement for the game has died down considerably. I'll still play it, but I'm not looking forward to it anymore.

Playing the beta (as hard as that is on my crappy net trying to contact US servers...) and it's just made me more excited for when the game actually comes out, still bummed they dumped the Necromancer but I like the feel of the Witchdoctor, though they could do with actually giving us a release date... I hate being teased, get enough of that from Valve don't need it from Blizzard too! D:
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    That is easily the most hilariously ironic thing that could possibly be said by someone with a SW:TOR avatar and sig.

My hype level fluctuates weekly, but I'm going to play the shit out of D3 whether it comes out next week or next year.

I agree, my interest is pretty much gone. I definitely have the exact same feeling, they introduce something new and I don't even look at it half the time. At this point I've mostly forgotten about the game, but when it comes out I'll get it.

Blizzard did the strangest thing ever, they started building the hype in late august start september with beta announcement then slow release of keys etc... Then they have Blizzcon etc.

The game was aimed for a late 2011 release and the hype would have been great but then it got delayed (whatever the reason) and Blizzard has slow down on info etc... and they somehow expect the people to just be calm; the rage on the forums (justified or not) is their own doing really.

Why are there three "yes" categories and one "no"

Keep your hype in check in the first place and you probably wouldn't have this issue.