Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPriest DPS, Low on ultraxion?

I'm not the most familiar with Shadow Priest, I'll be first to admit. However our Spriest seems to be way below everyone else.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=5513&e=5797
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ezzme/advanced

There is a small variation in gear(Cthulhu in 393, rest in ~388-390) but it shouldn't be a difference of 8k. Is there something I can tell our Spriest(rezzme) to change to increase his dps? He's only 2k ahead of the tank(me)...

15+ Year Old Account
    His gear is pretty good, however he doesn't have any set bonuses which are huge DPS increase (especially Firelands one).

And second, check out your raid composition, it's oriented towards physical damage dealers he doesn't have a single buff.

EDIT: Only thing you could tell him is that he should change that alchemy stone for DMC:V and get first set bonus from firelands.
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-01-05 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    His dot uptime is pretty good, so I'm going to assume that, as mentioned by Demetrion, it is a gear issue. He does have pretty impressive haste rating for his gear level, but he could probably get some more mastery, especially seeing he does not have any real crit demanding trinkets.

wrong meta, no tier bonuses and 0 caster buffs is my guess.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    He should probably lower his haste so it's sitting at 30%, and raise his mastery. There are definitely little things he could be doing to increase his DPS a bit, but in general it is your raid composition, not him. He also was phased out when your shaman cast blood lust, and never benefitted from it. That would make quite a bit of difference right there. One of your hunters could get a pet with the spell damage debuff, and that would have brought him up a bit as well. Other than that, he just has no tier pieces, terrible trinkets and the wrong meta gem.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Couple quick things I've noticed - they're over hit cap by more than 20 rating (would be better to be slightly under than over) and gemming for sub optimal socket bonuses.

Another thing to check if when they're refreshing their dots. Dots should be refreshed after empowered shadows & 5 stacks evangelism is up and any time you get PT or Lightweave proc. There are many mods that can trash when procs/buffs are up.

If he isnt able to meet the haste rating for extra dot ticks, other stats would be more valuable to reforge into. And if without FM, crit slightly more so than mastery.

him having wrong meta and maybe a tad too much haste ( it is a minor issue) the key issue why he is doing shitty is your group is not tuned for a spell caster what so ever. He is lacking Dark Intent spell power buff ( shaman is using searing totem and that doesnt give raid wide spell power increase as enhancement. No spell dmg taken debuff on the boss ( 2 hunters and both are failing to bring a dragonhawk // windserpent for the lightning breath debuff so he is missing 8% spell dmg taken on the boss as well

Those buffs alone ( not counting dark intent ) should increase dps by over 3000 dps. Your weakest dps i would say is your enhance shaman, poorly timed bloodlust ( looks like it is 13sec after the 6th heroic twilight meaning it is at the same time as 1st fading light after that heroic twilight is going on, And it is so late after a Heroic twilight that you will still be bloodlusted when you have to send majority of raid into normal realm.

Add in dark intent and spell crit debuff and we have probably 2000+ more dps. in short your 22k dps shadow priest with proper access to buffs would be doing 27k maybe even uptowards 28k dps. that is WITHOUT bloodlust in that fight.

Dont stack a group totally against a player and wonder why the hell they cant perform. it is 10man you DO NOT have access to all buffs all the time as is shown here and it is a key reason 10s need LESS dps req than 25mans since in 25man you got all buffs debuffs all the time, This highlights that very well how some can get totally screwed on buffs debuffs they need for competitive dps.

Welcome to 10mans. You're a slave to raid comp.

The SPriest looks to be doing good. With no real tier sets and the raid stacked against him. Need a different meta. Some different gems in areas legs and ring. Enchants chest and get a belt buckle. For help with reforging and getting the right stats where. Use askmrrobot.com gear it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Medique View Post
    His dot uptime is pretty good, so I'm going to assume that, as mentioned by Demetrion, it is a gear issue. He does have pretty impressive haste rating for his gear level, but he could probably get some more mastery, especially seeing he does not have any real crit demanding trinkets.
    Actually his/her DoT uptimes aren't great... anything below 98% is not good, 4:29 VT duration on a 4:43 encounter means an entire VT duration was missed. It's likely that VT/DP fall off when the have had the need to heroic will, or they are not landing new instances of the spell before the current duration expires. This isn't an uncommon DoT uptime, and to be fair I dont' always achieve > 98% but I do when I play well...

Again to be a little critical, a MB on average every 9.1 seconds is a bit high, that number should fall between 8 and 8.5 seconds when playing extremely well but sub 9 is very achievable.

As others have pointed out, the lack of buffs is not doing he/she any favours but a quick look at their gear shows it's hardly optimised to do great DPS either. So in terms of how they are playing, they are playing better than most but not as good as possible. Gear is a limiting factor and missing decent buffs to help them perform well.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to what everyone else noticed, here's some possibilites with proper buffs... 25 man and 10 man.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-01-06 at 08:23 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

And even after taking into consideration everything that was said above, Shadow Priests aren't the greatest single-target DPS in the game; not by a long shot. Our guild (25) is working on Ultraxion normal right now, and the other Shadow Priest and I, even on our best attempts, were around 25-26k. Our Mages, Death Knights, and Balance Druids were smoking us all night long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Actually his/her DoT uptimes aren't great... anything below 98% is not good, 4:29 VT duration on a 4:43 encounter means an entire VT duration was missed. It's likely that VT/DP fall off when the have had the need to heroic will, or they are not landing new instances of the spell before the current duration expires. This isn't an uncommon DoT uptime, and to be fair I dont' always achieve > 98% but I do when I play well...

Again to be a little critical, a MB on average every 9.1 seconds is a bit high, that number should fall between 8 and 8.5 seconds when playing extremely well but sub 9 is very achievable.

As others have pointed out, the lack of buffs is not doing he/she any favours but a quick look at their gear shows it's hardly optimised to do great DPS either. So in terms of how they are playing, they are playing better than most but not as good as possible. Gear is a limiting factor and missing decent buffs to help them perform well.
    I suppose I should have made myself more clear in my statement. What I meant was that the DoT updates was not the reason for the low damage. Maybe it could boast it a little by gaining a couple of percent, but that was not the underlying problem as such, more as a fine-tunning of play-style and timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    And even after taking into consideration everything that was said above, Shadow Priests aren't the greatest single-target DPS in the game; not by a long shot.
    This. I actually brought this very issue up last night to my guild mates. I don't get DI and we don't have a BM Hunter or Arcane Mage for the 3% damage buff either. I've been fortunate to receive some great gear upgrades the last couple weeks and my DPS on this boss has gone up significantly since the start of Dragon Soul. If memory serves me right, I believe I was around 29-30k on Ultrax last night, in 4th place of our DPS comp. The three players for total damage done above me were the SV hunter, (?) rogue, and fire mage.

I was thinking Ultraxion just has shadow resistance of some sort, but I couldn't find anything to support the case. Now that I have similar gear to the other DPS (was formerly a full-time disc priest, still wearing some healing gear as of today) I'm closer to them, but not on top. However, on any fight where there is something that doesn't die in 15-20 seconds, I'm usually on top or second place damage done in that encounter.

My Armory
    Disc/Shadow Priest

They are also missing Chest and Boot enchants, as well as a belt buckle for the extra gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    And even after taking into consideration everything that was said above, Shadow Priests aren't the greatest single-target DPS in the game; not by a long shot.
    Wa aren't greatest but we are able to put out a good numbers if we're playing correctly(Raidbots). Fire mages are pretty FOTM now, but able to be in top 2 position with right raid comp and DI.
    For TS, are you serious? 2 Hunters? Jesus... If i was you priest, i would had gone immediately.

Deleted
    Warlocks and mages are the only non-legendary wielding ranged dps that have a shot at competing with melees on Ultraxiton.
    Also, 10man is indeed very hated by shadow priests, basically because of how few useful (from our own standpoint) raid buffs we supply. In fact we only supply 5% haste, in comparison to basically every other dps who at least supply 2 dps raid buffs/debuffs.
    If you want to optimize raid buffs and debuffs for dps maximization in a 10man setting you usually either chose to stack spell or physical raid buffs (or just 1 demo lock which almost covers for all caster buffs). In your case you've brought 1 shadow priest and the rest being physical dps, not really a wise decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Warlocks and mages are the only non-legendary wielding ranged dps that have a shot at competing with melees on Ultraxiton.
    Also, 10man is indeed very hated by shadow priests, basically because of how few useful (from our own standpoint) raid buffs we supply. In fact we only supply 5% haste, in comparison to basically every other dps who at least supply 2 dps raid buffs/debuffs.
    If you want to optimize raid buffs and debuffs for dps maximization in a 10man setting you usually either chose to stack spell or physical raid buffs (or just 1 demo lock which almost covers for all caster buffs). In your case you've brought 1 shadow priest and the rest being physical dps, not really a wise decision.
    We also supply replenishment; which is surprisingly hard to come by

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    We also supply replenishment; which is surprisingly hard to come by
    We supply a lot of different things, but none of them except 5 % haste is beneficial for dps unless you count in the rare arcane specced mage.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-01-07 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Is anyone considering that he might just be crap? note that people were doing that in 359 gear and most only used 2 piece. With his gear level and most likely atleats a spellpower totem he should be doing more. Ultraxion isnt the best fight for sp's but 22k is just crap.