Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You get banner decoration I think.

Without MSLE unique mobs and PKers Hardcore mode may not be worth it in terms of fun factor.

hardcore is for when you're in the mood to completely waste time and progress due to a lag spike or plain bad luck in Nightmare mode and then break whatever the closest object to you is when you die.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    Thanks! Looks like i'm going to be a legend then.
    oh boy... It's good to be naive ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    Without MSLE unique mobs and PKers Hardcore mode may not be worth it in terms of fun factor.
    Was it hard to just save and exit or town portal every time anything was slightly dangerous? In D3 The inferno difficulty is designed to require the best gear the entire way through. Thinking of it in terms of "No MSLE = no challenge" is strange.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    hardcore is for when you're in the mood to completely waste time and progress due to a lag spike or plain bad luck in Nightmare mode and then break whatever the closest object to you is when you die.
    This is just another obstacle to overcome. Certainly if you're someone who disconnects every night, hardcore won't be your thing. If it happens a couple times per year, it's just one more random bad thing you have to consider. Playing with friends is one good way to counter this.

No portals and no S/E means that when you go into some bosses you will win or die. Is that not enough of a challenge for you in hell/inferno hardcore?

Think about doing Hell Duriel the first run through, before you had the gear to stack your character to godly levels, without being able to return to town. The vast majority of people would never make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No portals and no S/E means that when you go into some bosses you will win or die. Is that not enough of a challenge for you in hell/inferno hardcore?

Think about doing Hell Duriel the first run through, before you had the gear to stack your character to godly levels, without being able to return to town. The vast majority of people would never make it.
    and if you die, bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    Just thinking of this possibility makes me NOT want to even try it.
    Also, it's not as if I have as much time as I used to ^^

Don't think a whole lot will play hardcore considering how players have their hands held constantly in games now a days

There are no benefits, only the opposite. We can die from lag/computer issues. We get no RMAH (yeah, lets give sc players safe ways to trade but not HC! gr8).

I'll still play it though. Played HC pretty much my whole D2 career and cant see myself switching now other than the occasional alt.

Quote Originally Posted by EulavValue View Post
    Don't think a whole lot will play hardcore considering how players have their hands held constantly in games now a days
    Of course relatively fewer people will play hardcore, but the community will still be strong. I don't think it's fair to say that people who play non-hardcore are just people who want their hand held, though. You're talking about a game featuring 4 difficulty levels and a huge amount of skills and stats. This isn't exactly the best game for people who don't like a challenge, whether they play hardcore or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendzie View Post
    Of course relatively fewer people will play hardcore, but the community will still be strong. I don't think it's fair to say that people who play non-hardcore are just people who want their hand held, though. You're talking about a game featuring 4 difficulty levels and a huge amount of skills and stats. This isn't exactly the best game for people who don't like a challenge, whether they play hardcore or not.
    Let us hope, I still expect to die very little, if at all.

Let us hope, I still expect to die very little, if at all.
    Why do you expect that? The reason they added inferno mode was to avoid this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendzie View Post
    Why do you expect that? The reason they added inferno mode was to avoid this.
    If it is survivable, I will survive it. There is a certain experience level that makes death an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    i had 2 groups of wisp with a rare in each, one with fanat, one with conviction auras....they are the reason i never touched HC again, i'd started solo'ing baal runs on hell even, easily, and one time tele'ing down....

it doesnt help that they are basically invisible until they engage... boom 93 light sorc with infinity on merc dead.
    yes they ate through energy shield like that, i died with tons of FCR in 7 frames i died. less than 1/4th of a second.
    You didn't build your sorceres properly I'm afraid. Mine has/used to have 75% DR and 195% Lightning resistance, plus the other resistances high enough to to stick around 50+ even when affected by aura's. The key is that wisps deal both Lightning and Physical damage. They eat through your mana shield, so you need to rely on physical protection against them. They're absolutely lethal when paired with other sets of elites, so it's key to build for survival.

Think about doing Hell Duriel the first run through
    Pfff... I don't think I lasted 5 seconds the first time I met Duriel, even on Normal ^_^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    There were people in D2 with 7 HC characters of each class who had each beaten the highest difficulty level. Unless Inferno is some Godless soul-destroying blender of lesser characters, I imagine it won't be too uncommon.
    As a HC player myself, I can say that I had a full account of lvl 85+. It's not hard to lvl without dying, the biggest problem was losing the items. You just have to pay attention for pkers and quickly leave if you're dying too fast. None of that chicken hack crap. Anybody that uses that needs to go back to SC. For those of you that don't know, chicken hack was a program that would automatically exit you from the game if another person declared hostility towards you or if you hp got below a certain threshold, usually 40%. That stuff is for sissies.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    As a HC player myself, I can say that I had a full account of lvl 85+. It's not hard to lvl without dying, the biggest problem was losing the items. You just have to pay attention for pkers and quickly leave if you're dying too fast. None of that chicken hack crap. Anybody that uses that needs to go back to SC. For those of you that don't know, chicken hack was a program that would automatically exit you from the game if another person declared hostility towards you or if you hp got below a certain threshold, usually 40%. That stuff is for sissies.
    _o_ and that's how it is. Oh, I died occasionally to players, but I became trained at escape quitting quite early :P You could say I mastered it :P

Deleted
    I've never played diablo so will someone explain what "playing hardcore" is?

Quote Originally Posted by kojane View Post
    I've never played diablo so will someone explain what "playing hardcore" is?
    There are two modes.
    - Softcore, for the weak. You die, you do not lose anything, you resurrect and keep playing.
    - Hardcore, you die and you lose all your gear and your character. Well, in the order of, your character dies and your gear can or cannot be retreived.