Anti-aliasing is now available and can be enabled in the preferences menu.

The title is all there is to be said no more need to force it and it being glitchy YAY

Its on SWTOR ptr for patch 1.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    The title is all there is to be said no more need to force it and it being glitchy YAY

Its on SWTOR ptr for patch 1.1
    I'm curious will I see a performance increase because its in game as opposed to being forced?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I'm curious will I see a performance increase because its in game as opposed to being forced?
    Would be the same as enabling it though the ini so no.

I've been using AA since the beta - Catalyst control centre, never had any issues, infact for most games its better than the ingame settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've been using AA since the beta - Catalyst control centre, never had any issues, infact for most games its better than the ingame settings.
    Sam here its how I force it, but for an odd reason its makign wow crash at 4xEQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Would be the same as enabling it though the ini so no.
    That would be true, except the reason they didn't put it in in the first place is because of several graphical glitches associated with it.

With them enabling it officially, I fully expect to get a boost in performance, since those glitches, which can cause extra load on the card, shouldn't be present any longer.

Deleted
    since my computer is barely running the game, would be enabling AA be wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    since my computer is barely running the game, would be enabling AA be wise?
    No. If you're not getting ~30 fps with AA turned off, I wouldn't suggest turning it on. (human eye can't really notice a difference in fps above 30, so if you're below that you'll definitely notice lag)

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    No. If you're not getting ~30 fps with AA turned off, I wouldn't suggest turning it on. (human eye can't really notice a difference in fps above 30, so if you're below that you'll definitely notice lag)
    That's bullshit, I can tell you exactly the difference between 30 - 60 - 120FPS.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    I second that is total BS dig difference between 30fps and 60fps
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

Quote Originally Posted by Domenik View Post
    I second that is total BS dig difference between 30fps and 60fps
    Except that your brain doesn't recieve more images. It might feel a bit smoother if the refresh rate if the monitor is out of sync with you. The reason movies runs with around 24 fps is that that is human eye's refresh rate. SO it is not BS.

Deleted
    oh please put this misquote back into its cage!

Technically, 1.1 isnt out yet, is it ? So you cant enable anything until the patch hits

Quote Originally Posted by Kruzan View Post
    Except that your brain doesn't recieve more images. It might feel a bit smoother if the refresh rate if the monitor is out of sync with you. The reason movies runs with around 24 fps is that that is human eye's refresh rate. SO it is not BS.
    No, that's not BullShit...it's HORSE SHIT, 24 fps is the human eye's refresh rate????? Hardly....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_r...ble_frame_rate
    /QUOTE "The human visual system does not see in terms of frames; it works with a continuous flow of light information." /QUOTE from Kandel ER, Schwartz JH, Jessell TM 2000. Principles of Neural Science, 4th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York. ISBN 0-8385-7701-6
    Maybe that's why they've been experimenting with higher FPS rates in movies since the 70's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showscan
    QUOTE/"As the speed of projection ramped up, so did the emotional response, peaking at 72 fps. After that speed, no further improvements were noted."/QUOTE
    Must be why Peter Jackson is gonna film the new Hobbit movie at 48fps instead of 24 http://nofilmschool.com/2011/04/pete...hobbit-48-fps/

Even a cursory internet search can prevent you from appearing to be a total herpa-derp, use it sometime.