ctx wow - credit card statement

Just took a look at my credit card statement and noticed a charge to CTX WOW, I've never heard of it before until now. A quick google search brings up a wow gold site called CTX WOW, going to call up my bank as soon as it opens, but has anyone else encountered this?? Is there anything else is could be?? The statement lists my area too which is odd, because that usually means that's where the charge was incurred, ie wow appears as an international transaction, this is saying it's local but I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be, specially for that amount..

*EDIT* just figured it out the INSTANT I submitted this thread - if a mod could delete it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    if anyone is curious, CTX WOW = Caltex Australia, no idea where the wow came from, that's the it that threw me..
    Last edited by Schmiggy; 2011-11-09 at 09:23 PM.

yeah right, I smell someone trying to hide his tracks for gold buying! busted!
    *throws tomatoes at you*
    :P
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

I had the same problem and phoned Bankwest to find out who CTW WOW is and they couldn't tell me but offered to find out if I paid $16 and waited up to 8 weeks. Then it hit me, Caltex. Still not sure about the WOW though.

Deleted
    well googling CTX wow brings up this thread, and a chinese website. has someone been buying gold?

CTX WOW = Caltex Woolworths

Funny coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I had the same problem and phoned Bankwest to find out who CTW WOW is and they couldn't tell me but offered to find out if I paid $16 and waited up to 8 weeks. Then it hit me, Caltex. Still not sure about the WOW though.
    Could I have $8?
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-01-07 at 07:25 AM.

Thumbs up CTX WOW on credit card ststement

Thanks everyone as when I checked the CTX WOW on my credit card statement in the list of choices it brought up this MMO Champion site with your very helpful information about it being a Woolworths Caltex Service station and it jogged my memory that I had purchased fuel in that lcation on that day as I too was confused. Have to admit that this is not the first this has happened with credit card statement so at least I have learned to research now before I jump to conclusions. Thanks for your posts you helped me immensely as I am such a worry wort in these instances.

ctx wow = caltex woolworths

I love how very posts this thread has, and how many times it's been necro'd haha

So we're clear though, this problem was solved a year ago last week :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm going to just close this here