Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    @SPeedy26:

My imposter? Well at least someone has good tastes!

The worst thing or me is that I am waiting for MoP and GW2 to be released. I plan to play both, as GW2 interests me and all my friends and fiance are playing WoW. The fact that GW2 is B2P just saves me some money. Now I am just hoping that Diablo 3, GW2 and MoP aren't all released within a month window of each other. That would not be fun.
    Me an imposter!?! HA! your not even good enough to be my imposters cheep knock-off!
    I have seen you scouring the forums using MY good name, waiting..., planing....,revenge....inging and I will have my day and your filth will be scrubbed from these delicate threads we know as MMO-champion! ....blah.... destroy....blah....CHAOS!!!!

but yeah I'm looking forward to GW2 as well and the changes in MOP might get me back into wow (Cata completely turned me off the game didn't even buy it), and D3 looks cool, getting it out of peer pressure (friends gonna co-op through the whole game ^^)
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer

Deleted
    I sure cringed a lot when they talked about those stuff in GuildCast, they didn't seem to have the right information, and didn't explain it that good at all. I know it's hard to talk about stuff of an MMO that isn't released, and ArenaNet don't let too much information out, but I felt I could've added a lot more stuff of what ArenaNet have talked about and what we've seen in videos than what they talked about <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    I sure cringed a lot when they talked about those stuff in GuildCast, they didn't seem to have the right information
    They made a few mistakes last week about stuff they should of known, so I didn't bother with it this week. Sounds like I made the right call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    Me an imposter!?! HA! your not even good enough to be my imposters cheep knock-off!
    I have seen you scouring the forums using MY good name, waiting..., planing....,revenge....inging and I will have my day and your filth will be scrubbed from these delicate threads we know as MMO-champion! ....blah.... destroy....blah....CHAOS!!!!

but yeah I'm looking forward to GW2 as well and the changes in MOP might get me back into wow (Cata completely turned me off the game didn't even buy it), and D3 looks cool, getting it out of peer pressure (friends gonna co-op through the whole game ^^)
    With the annual pass me and my friends all got, we are probably going to be playing D3 a lot since we are getting it for free. Maybe introduce my girl to more of Blizzard's games and turn her into even more of a gamer :P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    fascinating how speculation about gw2 is religiously positive and speculation about mop the exact opposite^^
    One is familiar and the other isn't. Many chips on shoulders.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 12:46 PM ----------

@Guildcast

Yea, all the Gamebreaker shows get information wrong at times. I think they do less news shows and more talk shows, tbh. Meh.

Deleted
    Guild Wars is a already built in name, it has an already formed fan base. Anything coming out of the blue without a name is going to get it's fair share of beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelady View Post
    Guild Wars is a already built in name, it has an already formed fan base. Anything coming out of the blue without a name is going to get it's fair share of beating.
    The obvious problem here is that game type and target audience between gw1 and gw2 have completely changed.

How so? Elaborate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How so? Elaborate.
    He is kinda right. GW1 and GW2 are totally different games. Only things in common are: lore and no stat progression. Also fight mechanics are totally opposite, to the point where pro GW1 pvp players don't know how to bite it (just go over teamquitter's forums, most of them don't even want to try it).

So yeah, PVP wise it's targeted to a different crowd, more twitch/reflex based fights - the old one was all about builds/meta game. As for PVE, I think people who liked that part of the game in GW1 will love it in GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    As for PVE, I think people who liked that part of the game in GW1 will love it in GW2.
    Not to be an ass, but "both of them?"

Anyway, the game is going from MTG-style "build wars" to twitch MOBA. It's about as big of a difference as there can be.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-01-09 at 08:03 AM.

Well, I don't touch PVP. But from a PVE POV, I see GW 2 as pretty similar in appeal. Lots of exploration, skill based gameplay w/ strong story throughline. I really only played the first GW to do all the campaigns & achievements.

Certainly the open world stuff this time around has a broader appeal.

Gameplay is twitch based now, not skill based.

Unless you're referring to general "skill" as in "ability to play the game well", in which case most games fall into the category.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Gameplay is twitch based now, not skill based.

Unless you're referring to general "skill" as in "ability to play the game well", in which case most games fall into the category.
    I love how you get these assumptions. With the cooldowns that a lot of the abilities have, there will be quite a bit of idle time that you will be using for positioning. Is positioning considered twitch now? I really do get tired of your trolling Lucky.

Unless you have actually played the pvp demo, stop spouting imperical evidence as proven fact. It is your heavily biased opinion and assumption how gameplay will be.

From my opinion Gameplay is twitch based now, not skill based.
    Fixed that for ya :P

Saying GW2's skills won't matter is a bit extreme don't ya think? I mean sure it won't be to the extent that GW's was, I've never PVPed on a E-sports lv (or seriously) but IMHO most causes of guild wars the battle was decided before the most fights even started due to the hard counter rock,paper,scissors nature of the game.
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2012-01-09 at 02:04 PM.
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    Fixed that for ya :P

Saying GW2's skills won't matter is a bit extreme don't ya think? I mean sure it won't be to the extent that GW's was, I've never PVPed on a E-sports lv (or seriously) but IMHO most causes of guild wars the battle was decided before the most fights even started due to the hard counter rock,paper,scissors nature of the game.
    This. Games were more what build you brought, more or equally as important as what you did. Bringing a certain build does not equal skill whatsoever. Now what you do in fights in more important, which is important for e-sports.

I didn't say "skills don't matter". I said it is "twich-based", meaning game play centers around twitch-reaction rather then building a complex array of skills that mesh together. Developers themselves stated that MOBA games such as DOTA were one of the big sources of inspiration for revamp, and these are twitch-based games.

Of course, skills taken and team build (which defines these skills) matter in MOBA. But MOBA is still twitch based. As is GW2. GW1 on the other hand was very close to MTG being a very skill-based game. You brought your "deck" of 8 skills you picked from tens and hundreds of skills, and much of win/loss depended on which skills you brought vs what skills your opponent picked. Hence "skill-based".

P.S. Having a different opinion is not trolling. Here's a definition of "trolling" if you don't believe me:
    "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."
    Source: wikipedia.

My post was not inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic. It was a statement of fact that which you read into too much (apparently) and got annoyed at your own, completely off-base interpretation.

It was a statement of fact that which you read into too much (apparently) and got annoyed at your own, completely off-base interpretation.
    It's a statement of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It's a statement of opinion.
    Granted. I still feel like someone just put a whole lot of words into my mouth in order to form that opinion though.

Unless you're referring to general "skill" as in "ability to play the game well", in which case most games fall into the category
    General skill. Which I don't think is common in other MMOs in the same degree where more factors influence outcomes than player capability. At least as far as the first GW. Obvs. I am speculating the second will be much the same with no hands-on yet.

It was a statement of fact
    Its a statement of your opinion till guild wars 2 is released and we see how it really pans out.

Most if not every skill meshes with another skill to form combinations and added effects/damage, and not only 1 skill meshes with just 1 other skill too.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.