Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

T12 2pc more beneficial to Legendary wielders?

Thought process:

T13 4pc bonus is fairly crappy, not worth upgrading until 410 pieces.

2 T12 391 pieces + 2 T13 397 pieces may be better than 4 397 T13 pieces?

I recall Blizz saying the legendary works well with pet users (locks obviously), if so, this should also apply to shadow priests and if THAT'S true, would T12 2pc prove even more beneficial to spriests with DTR since it reduces sfiend cooldown/increases it's damage?

I still have heroic T12 shoulders/robe/legs, just wondering if I should equip two of those instead of 2 397 T13 pieces.

I'll experiment in an LFR tonight, but would love to hear some thoughts on this.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Eh, iirc what they said was that it would work for pet users who derive a certain % of their dps from pets. While we do use our fiend for dps more than for mana, we don't really fall into the category of a pet class/spec.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, now I just need to research if 2pc/2pc 391/397 is better than 4pc 397 and if so what pieces.

Really wish T13 4pc was better, it's bullshit that our final tier bonus for this expansion is so meh.

DTR doesn't help to reduce the cooldown of shadow fiend because it doesn't proc 'extra' mind flay ticks the way it casts 'extra' mind blasts or shadow word death hits. All DOTs (including Mind flay) have their damage duplicated by the spell 'Wrath of Tarecgosa'. Second, DTR is not procing off of the shadowflame damage (2PT12 bonus) nor is it duplicating shadowfiend melee swings.

Given that the core of your question is hinging around shadowfiend DPS your question can be simplified to "4PT13 vs 2/2" without worrying about the legendary.

Also, 4PT13 plugs the largest whole in priest DPS: on demand burst for short windows of increased damage (like heroic spine tendons, hagara feedback). Further, it smooths out orb generation and allows you to ensure ES is up for major buffs (like bloodlust and potions or archangel). Given that ES at T13 gear levels accounts for 30%+ of your damage it doesn't take much bad luck with orbs (when you're doing 40k+ DPS) to completely outweigh the ~250k damage per 6 minute encounter than the 2PT12 bonus provides.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-01-09 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the legendary's proc could benefit the Atonement Disc priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmarie View Post
    I wonder if the legendary's proc could benefit the Atonement Disc priests.
    This has been brought up countless times. It will duplicate the damage a disc priest does but not the heal from the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This has been brought up countless times. It will duplicate the damage a disc priest does but not the heal from the damage.
    Thank you. I wasn't around for several months so my account here was wiped, so I don't know much...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for that post Evn. Guess I won't bother experimenting, would hate losing those raw stats anyway.

Had just noted Xenophics was in 4pc T12 and that got me thinking, of course 4pc T12 is not 2pc/2pc but was just thinking aloud so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Thanks for that post Evn. Guess I won't bother experimenting, would hate losing those raw stats anyway.

Had just noted Xenophics was in 4pc T12 and that got me thinking, of course 4pc T12 is not 2pc/2pc but was just thinking aloud so to speak.
    4PT12 is quiet a strong bonus, mindblast is a huge portion of your damage compared to shadowfiend so a 25% buff to that is much easier to justify keeping over the relatively tiny 2pT13 bonus. For me, 2pT13 is a survivability increase: you can only one-shot yourself on heroic zon'ozz or madness so many times before you just say to hell with it, i'll use the 2-piece on those fights.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I love T13 2 pc even though the 15% nerfed 4pc T12 is still strong.

Personally, I only have 3 heroic T12 pieces, and I simply don't want to use any 378 when I have 397!