Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a request that is a bit different than the normal format of this thread. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to run simcraft with my current set of gear, and then run it with a lower haste amount with some reforging to mastery. I'm trying to find a point where my dps is the greatest, and I was curious if there is a certain amount of haste and mastery that is better than my current All-In setup with haste. I am currently at work so I don't have my normal tools available, and I don't have time once I get off to run the sims until AFTER my raid.

I understand this is a lot of work and not everyone will have the available tools to do so, so if anyone wants to do this for me I will really appreciate it.

@Pont, I did some comparisons from my logs to yours, and most of it seems pretty solid. Yor'sahj is really variable, so I'm not going to comment on it. I'm used to heroic mode atm so I don't like comparing it to normal as its a whole different fight. Most of your uptimes are equal to mine, and everything else seems solid with the fight lengths in mind.
    Last edited by Izzirez; 2012-01-05 at 04:09 PM.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we're struggling with attendance issues, new healers, crap like that which is slowing us down a LOT. We'll get some heroics down eventually, hopefully next week. I didn't think about how variable Yorsahj can be, so thanks for that. I just seem really low on that compared to others. Hope someone runs simcraft for you, I would but I'm currently on my iPad in Vegas plus the one time I tried to use simcraft I couldn't really figure what I was doing/utilize the info. Not a tech guy really.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

@Zerizzi: Running one atm. I'll update here when it's done running

So here is your DPS Scaling graph. Basically, it graphs the dps increase/decrease when you gain/lose the amount of a stat (each line) by the amount indicated on the x axis.

At x=0 if your current dps, 40617. From the way I understand it, as X increases, the highest stat on the graph will increase your dps, while as X decreases, the lower stat will decrease your DPS by the most.

You'll have to do some interpreting on your own, but from I can see just immediately, is that Crit/Mastery are your best options for around 50 rating you gain, but you don't want to lose crit/haste to do so, as that would decrease your dps at around the same rate.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Brusalk; 2012-01-05 at 11:41 PM.

Awesome, I love you. Logging on for raid as we speak, so I don't have the time to play with reforges and stuff. Must kill purple dargonz.

Oh, that assumes you have DI. If you don't then haste should go up in value I think

Alright that works. So it looks like lowering haste and gaining mastery would be a slight increase at best, total most likely though. Think I'll keep going for haste, as I see in about 100 haste I'll be hitting the 3202 breakpoint, which is where that sudden jump is. This makes sense as that was what I was thinking.

EDIT: I'll have to run sims later without my 2pc and vplc as well, as that is inflating crit by quite a bit. If people want, I can post that graph here as well so they can see the differences those certain gear pieces make on what stats are worth at certain points. I find these interesting to view.
    Last edited by Izzirez; 2012-01-05 at 11:54 PM.

Hopefully I can get a little help with extra eyes! Currently, our raid comp runs without DI, 3% dmg, and 10% spell power. Last night on Madness, I was about 1K from ranking without those buffs nor the legendary so I think I am doing good on fights with Multidotting / AOE. I am slightly worried about my single target DPS. I review my logs all the time and I feel like I could use work on mind blasting more often, but I sometimes feel it's hard with some fights requiring a bit of movement, and things like fading light (WHICH I ALWAYS GET) / hour of twilight.

Feel free to critique me on reforge / gemming choices as I am sure there are some issues with those. Haven't had much time recently to adjust it with the new upgrades. Going to play around with it this weekend.

Can't post links:

WoL:
    www [DOT] worldoflogs [DOT] com/reports/xs9201brvx3bvp6q/sum/damageDone/

Armory:
    us [DOT] battle [DOT] net/wow/en/character/ravenholdt/Superskunk/simple

P.S. I hate being gimp without raid buffs . Staff would be nice too

Well a few things I noticed:

One volcanic potion (though I think WoL has issues showing prepotting on ultraxion, so could be wrong here)
    You only used archangel twice. With a 5 min fight, you could have easily gotten 4-5 in. You should use it on CD.
    you can disperse more hours with a cancelaura macro to reduce time faded out or during hour.

You were using mindblast at a rate of 6.6/ minute, which comes out to slightly more than 9 seconds inbetween each mind blast. You can vastly improve this number. (And should, as your dps will go up significantly with more mind blasts)
    As a result of increasing your mind blasts, your ES uptime, which was around 90% should go up slightly as well, increasing your damage by a bit as well.

Thanks,

Good advice. I do pre-pot on Ultraxion and typically on other fights too. A few fights I may not include pots like Spine and sometimes the earlier farm bosses as I'm blowing through them on Heroic Zon'ozz attempts faster than I have the time to farm more. Sometimes I even forget (shhh). I am trying to get better with lining up all the cooldowns such as Timewarp with volcanic + archangel because I do notice a nice DPS gain.

On Ultraxion, I could have very well screwed up but typically I pop an arch-angel right at the start, another right off the cooldown which is usually after the 2nd hour of twilight I think and he's around 60% or so. Then I have a 3rd for the time warp around 20-30%. I am fairly certain I used it 3 times (like I did in the 2 failed tries) but I also see in the log it shows 2 buffs, so I may have just failed myself there.

I need help with this too
    Ilvl 385
    expectations: not be terrible dps with my kind of gear
    Can't link armory but its Dejavi US Gorefiend us[DOT]battle[DOT]net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/Dejavi/simple
    No logs link but I pull like 18-20k dose in my gear, is this normal?
    Last edited by dejavi6; 2012-01-07 at 02:27 AM. Reason: link

Deleted
    ilvl 392

WoL: www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/zyi7w7r9vay54crn/sum/damageDone/?s=11347&e=11692
    Armory: eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Omnipriest/advanced

This is our last Ultraxion Heroic Try, i feel i should perform better but am unsure of how to achieve that. The part that interests me most if the number of mindblasts cast is summarized together (crits and hits) or if crits are just a part of the normal hits, for this try, my question would be if i really casted only 25 mindblast of wich 11 critted (than i would know where to start fixing my dps), or if i did 36 mindblasts of wich 11 were crits (that would be more the range i would aim to).

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Hmm seems i could use some help on dps improving.Any tips are welcome!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emaur/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yb...in7/details/5/

Anyone thinks i can top 30k on Ultraxion? no DI no +sp
    Last edited by mmoc9616802e62; 2012-01-09 at 11:11 PM.

Hey folks,

Not sure if this is the appropriate post, but I'm hoping you guys can help our raid group out.

This is my friend, she is in my raid group:
    us[period]battle[period]net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Marasal/advanced
    ilvl 391

These are our logs - ours are ONLY the 10 man raids from Fridays and Saturdays.
    www[period]worldoflogs[period]com/guilds/174578

Please excuse the format of the links, don't have enough posts to put in good ones. We spent 3 hours Saturday on Madness attempts, and her DPS was in the 37-38k range. Any tips specifically with respect to that fight would be great

Its possible that she's not pulling the numbers her toon is capable of in general, and any input would be greatly appreciated as my knowledge of spriest mechanics is basically zero. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Helicopter; 2012-01-10 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Added ilvl

Trying to fix my dps I feel I am pulling under what I should be for my gear.

Char Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pples/advanced
    World of Logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1312&e=1558

I think I should be able to hit 37-38k but I am finding it nigh impossible but our mage can. I have legendary.

Hrm looks like we have quite a back log here... I'll try to grab some time to go through these... though if someone else beats me to some of them I won't complain

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hrm looks like we have quite a back log here... I'll try to grab some time to go through these... though if someone else beats me to some of them I won't complain
    Ya Arlee I will start going through them. Most them appear to just be uptimes though. I know mine are all 1% lower than they should be.

Item Level391
    Expectations:To be competitive within the guild
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ostadas/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8svt31phe5ues7ne/

This is for our struggling spriest in our guild. We really want to bring him when we start doing Heroics but at this point his dps is way too low for what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillytwo View Post
    Item Level 383
    Expectations: To do more dmg I guess
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lesti/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/07nmyix1gvuvb138/
    Phillytwo - You look fine your uptimes on Morchok are kinda low VT being your most damaging ability should always be up. Only problem is that fight is cock loaded with movement. Other than that it just looks like you need more gear.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Astermaster View Post
    Hmm seems i could use some help on dps improving.Any tips are welcome!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emaur/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yb...in7/details/5/

Anyone thinks i can top 30k on Ultraxion? no DI no +sp

Get your haste over that breakpoint I think you need like 100 more. You are pretty close. Also just make sure your VT isnt dropping off and a few more mind blasts. Also SWD a few more times you only did 2 times and I know i usually get 6-10 on Ultra. 2pc t13 does help though.
    You should be able to top 30k. As a raid leader though i would seriously consider switching it up since your missing some important buffs.
    Last edited by Deathzero; 2012-01-10 at 08:48 PM.